User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 439

  1. #121
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sade View Post
    He does sound like an ENTP, they prefer consistency in emotions.
    I think you just do get thinks wrong here. It may be true that eNTp thrive for harmony in emotions but that is not a personality trait, but a temper thing. I myself hate harmony, because it is the end of progress.

    I like challenge and good fights + betterment sex with my loved one. I do not have to constantly fight with her, but I do not like constant harmony either.

    Furthermore dwigie said "he hated people that were too emotional". I cant possibly imagine an eNTp would do that. We hate rigidy in thought, but we do not love emotionally consistent people. It is totally unimportant if someone is emotional or not. It is his idea that counts.

    I've noted that sometimes ENTPs tend to move quickly from person to person like in dating, but when they take you as a friend or make a deeper connection they are truly loyal. I'll support that idea.
    I want to answer that with a simple sentence: you are wrong. eNTp do not switch from person to person in their intrest and love. Fe is our third function after all that means, we have to invest high energy to fall in love at all.

    That is just plainly wrong and a miscalculation and misinterpretation of your perception.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  2. #122
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I think you just do get thinks wrong here. It may be true that eNTp thrive for harmony in emotions but that is not a personality trait, but a temper thing. I myself hate harmony, because it is the end of progress.

    I like challenge and good fights + betterment sex with my loved one. I do not have to constantly fight with her, but I do not like constant harmony either.

    Furthermore dwigie said "he hated people that were too emotional". I cant possibly imagine an eNTp would do that. We hate rigidy in thought, but we do not love emotionally consistent people. It is totally unimportant if someone is emotional or not. It is his idea that counts.



    I want to answer that with a simple sentence: you are wrong. eNTp do not switch from person to person in their intrest and love. Fe is our third function after all that means, we have to invest high energy to fall in love at all.

    That is just plainly wrong and a miscalculation and misinterpretation of your perception.
    This reminds me of Nietzsche...in an odd sort of way, particularly The Advantages and the Disadvantages of History.

    Heh heh heh - try to explain the advantages of that to my husband, eh??? *starts grumbling*

    Oh, yeah, and I could see where Entropie is coming from in terms of investing a lot of energy. I mean, shit, after bumping into cactuses for so long, you're bound to lose a little energy now and again - but it makes it all that oh so worthwhile when you get a soft little hedgehog who doesn't have her quills all in a tither - not all the time anyway - just often enough to be interesting.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  3. #123
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Uoh Nietzsche, what did he say in that book ? Never dared reading him xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #124
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Uoh Nietzsche, what did he say in that book ? Never dared reading him xD
    Well, not being very good with details, I cannot offer you any specific quotes, and I'm too lazy to hunt for them. But one of the basic tenants of the book - if I recall correctly - was that it should not be man's greatest desire to achieve peace and/or harmony. He believed that if everyone achieved a state of contentment similar to that which was strived to by the socialists, we would be the unhappiest people in the world. Then, our goal was development and struggle; without this struggle, we would be extremely unhappy.

    It was basically a major critique of Marx and his vision. Hope I remember right from my political philosophy class.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  5. #125
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Yeah that sounds good. Maybe he was an eNXp. He died from a split personality disorder, when I remember correctly ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #126
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Yeah that sounds good. Maybe he was an eNXp. He died from a split personality disorder, when I remember correctly ?
    He had some serious mental problems as I recall - but then, all great geniuses usually do. I'm not saying I agree with everything he said, but he was a brilliant man - an independent thinker. Gotta love that with a kind of wry admiration.

    I guess a guy like that is a cactus you'd love to be a hedgehog so you can understand him, but damn it to hell, he's a cactus, and he ain't gonna be anything else other than a cactus.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  7. #127
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    He had some serious mental problems as I recall - but then, all great geniuses usually do. I'm not saying I agree with everything he said, but he was a brilliant man - an independent thinker. Gotta love that with a kind of wry admiration.

    I guess a guy like that is a cactus you'd love to be a hedgehog so you can understand him, but damn it to hell, he's a cactus, and he ain't gonna be anything else other than a cactus.
    haha, nice insider xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  8. #128
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    haha, nice insider xD
    I really loved this analogy of yours - different, visual, and to the point.

    In German you would say, 'prägnant'. And no, that doesn't mean pregnant, folks - but I'm too lazy to look it up..
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  9. #129
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    thx
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  10. #130
    Senior Member animenagai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    political theory! man i LOVE that stuff! i'm probably gonna be doing my masters in political theory! i guess that's very ENFP. nietzsche was a complete nutjob though . he had some great insights, but he was still a nutjob.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Do ENTPs Often Lie or Stretch the Truth?
    By Ginkgo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 09-20-2009, 07:52 AM
  2. [ENTP] Seeking a real female ENTP to talk to
    By murkrow in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 11:51 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 10:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO