User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 84

Thread: Te vs. Ti

  1. #41
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    J doesn't do anything. We use it to tell us that our judgement is extraverted.

    If you have an extraverted judgement, then you're likely to seek closure in the outer world. All judgement functions seek closure. It's a misconception to think that just because it's introverted that it's not after closure. It's just more willing to 'change its mind' when the situation changes (object information -- extraverted perception).


    The reason extraverted judgements don't bend to the situation change is because all their information comes from the inner world. Inner perceptions (which usually don't change until the extraverted judgement crosses the finish line) define the goal.

    The situation change is of little concern to extraverted judgement -- its working to change the situation itself anyway. Of course if the stipulations require for a plan change, it will probably happen, but just because means are altered doesn't speak toward the end changing.
    Since you mentioned closure, generally speaking which type is more stubborn and resistant with regard to negotiations, ESTJ or ENTJ?

  2. #42
    Senior Member MerkW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Since you mentioned closure, generally speaking which type is more stubborn and resistant with regard to negotiations, ESTJ or ENTJ?
    Again, the question is not directed at me, but I will assume that ESTJs and ENTJs are equal in terms of stubbornness and resistance, perhaps with a slight inclination to ESTJs being more so than ENTJs.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

    "Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

    INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

  3. #43
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Ahh, that would be the logic that is often taught in math and philosophy classes. Here's a smattering of well-known terms: Modus ponus, fallacies of logic, red herring, straw man, etc.

    IMHO, it is the application of reason to evaluate statements and forming conclusions.
    I have never been good at formal logic.
    It doesn't come naturally,
    nor was I ever taught it.
    I've had people use it against me.
    It just makes me wonder why they can't talk like normal people.

    INTJ = Ni Te

  4. #44
    Luctor et emergo Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    534

    Default

    I'd say formal logic was a Ti-related issue.

  5. #45
    Senior Member MerkW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I'd say formal logic was a Ti-related issue.
    I concur.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

    "Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

    INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

  6. #46
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Which function is concerned with the application of formal logic, Ti or Te?

    Is it possible for someone with a strong Thinking preference to have a weak ability to apply formal logic?

    The intent of this thread is to clarify certain aspects of the thinking preference as based upon what I have read since joing this forum I am almost certain I have a preference for Thinking. Nevertheless I can think of several powerful reason to support a conclusion that I have a preference for feeling.
    The subject is beyond the measure.

  7. #47
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Gee, thanks for slamming the brakes on this thread.

  8. #48
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Gee, thanks for slamming the brakes on this thread.
    Hey Dave, would you take this test?

    DISC TEST, A FREE DISC type TEST

    Nice avatar!

  9. #49
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Since you mentioned closure, generally speaking which type is more stubborn and resistant with regard to negotiations, ESTJ or ENTJ?
    Well I don't know what the relevance is, but could you clarify the question?
    we fukin won boys

  10. #50
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Since you mentioned closure, generally speaking which type is more stubborn and resistant with regard to negotiations, ESTJ or ENTJ?
    In my opinion, both of these types are equally strong-minded and "stubborn".
    I think the SJ would be more stubborn to prevent change and to preserve tradition,
    where the NT would be more stubborn to promote change and start something new.

Similar Threads

  1. [JCF] Te vs Ti
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 02:32 PM
  2. Let's Discuss Te/Fi,Fi/Te vs. Ti/Fe, Fe/Ti
    By Thalassa in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 02:30 PM
  3. Fi/Te vs. Ti/Fe?
    By Cloudblue in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 10:09 PM
  4. [JCF] specific examples Te vs. Ti
    By 2XtremeENFP in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 05:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO