User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Te vs. Ti

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Most definitely. I would say that most ESTJs have a strong preference for Te and a weak one for Ti. And vice versa for many INTPs.

Here's a thread that you may find useful:

Ti/Te users: Explain the differences.
    Bear with me, I can't keep up with all of these good postings.

I would think I am an ESTJ but there are a few major problems with that: I love learning new things, have always been a rule-breaker and for the most part unconventional (watch about 2hrs. of TV a week, minimalist by natures, etc.)

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    Well, theoretical interest also ties in with N functions, so you could be an N (theory) combined with Te (application).

However, if you are an S, then you would more likely be Ti.
    At this point I am almost certain that (despite previous test results) my Ti is very weak as I am horrible at the following: "checking for logical consistency, hairsplitting". And although I find formal logic to be fascinating I am terrible at applying it.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Bear with me, I can't keep up with all of these good postings.

I would think I am an ESTJ but there are a few major problems with that: I love learning new things, have always been a rule-breaker and for the most part unconventional (watch about 2hrs. of TV a week, minimalist by natures, etc.)
    Perhaps try taking an online MBTI test. Obviously, it's not official, but it could give you an idea of your most dominant areas.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    No, I would say you are an ENTP.

Something to keep in mind is that the only type that has a better bullshit meter than an ENTP is the INFJ. We are usually just too nice to say anything, and also because we like to watch people dig their own graves.
    Ever a possibility as I love change and improving things.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Perhaps try taking an online MBTI test. Obviously, it's not official, but it could give you an idea of your most dominant areas.
    Those tests are the source of my confusion as the results always type me as either an INFJ or an INTJ. However, neither type is a great fit.

MBTI
    OMNi

Ever a possibility as I love change and improving things.
    JustDave the ENTP...hm...maybe...maybe not.

It isn't too hard to find one. You just have to watch for the person who manipulates circumstances about themselves or the situation in order to manipulate others. Once you do that those ENTPs stand out like a sore thumb. It's why INFJs make such great mates for them. Because a self respecting INFJ wouldn't stand for that kind of crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    JustDave the ENTP...hm...maybe...maybe not.

It isn't too hard to find one. You just have to watch for the person who manipulates circumstances about themselves or the situation in order to manipulate others. Once you do that those ENTPs stand out like a sore thumb. It's why INFJs make such great mates for them. Because a self respecting INFJ wouldn't stand for that kind of crap.
    Perhaps I am not an ENTP then as I prefer brutal disarming honesty over subtle manipulation.

To return to the OP, wouldn't an ENTP would have strong Ti and weak Te? My preference is the opposite.

MBTI
    xNTP

With regard to creating order, how much influence does judging have on Te?

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

That's great, but how does Te differ from Ti?
    Te applies paths of reasoning already developed by others, Ti concocts those of its own. Tis like Aristotle, Leibniz and Russell were the ones who explored logic. Tes were merely concerned with memorizing their teaching and passing down to others.

Virtually the Extroverted and Introverted Functions are of the same essence. The salient difference is that whilst the Introverted functions dwell in depth to explore their core, the Extroverted are most concerned with presenting that deeper essence to the external world.

Accordingly, Ti is concerned with exploring and understanding logic in greatest depth possible and Te with applying logic to the external world. Ni with creating the most powerful vision possible, Ne with applying it to the external world. Fi with soul searching, Fe with applying this to the world of people. I'll spare myself the account of Se and Si.

With regard to creating order, how much influence does judging have on Te?
    Te creates external order, Ti internal. A Te will have all of his external activities organized and a Ti will look to have clarity with his beliefs about the world. Thus a Ti will know exactly what he thinks, and a Te exactly what he does and what he needs to do. A good way to think of the Extroversion/Introversion distinction is that one is concerned primarily with action and the other with contemplation.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Te applies paths of reasoning already developed by others, Ti concocts those of its own. Tis like Aristotle, Leibniz and Russell were the ones who explored logic. Tes were merely concerned with memorizing their teaching and passing down to others.

Virtually the Extroverted and Introverted Functions are of the same essence. The salient difference is that whilst the Introverted functions dwell in depth to explore their core, the Extroverted are most concerned with presenting that deeper essence to the external world.

Accordingly, Ti is concerned with exploring and understanding logic in greatest depth possible and Te with applying logic to the external world. Ni with creating the most powerful vision possible, Ne with applying it to the external world. Fi with soul searching, Fe with applying this to the world of people. I'll spare myself the account of Se and Si.

Te creates external order, Ti internal. A Te will have all of his external activities organized and a Ti will look to have clarity with his beliefs about the world. Thus a Ti will know exactly what he thinks, and a Te exactly what he does and what he needs to do. A good way to think of the Extroversion/Introversion distinction is that one is concerned primarily with action and the other with contemplation.
    That's a good distinction, action vs. contemplation. Thank you.

Since I have your attention, perhaps you could explain in terms of cognitive functions why NTJs excel at strategy while STJs excel at logistics?