User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    INtP

Default Heartfelt moment

Ok if you don't want to here what will probably sound like a sob story in the end then just skip my post. I will say that this story does define myself and how I ended up the way I am now.

So the begining of my story. It takes place neither long ago or in a galaxy far, far away...though I may boldly gone where no man has gone before...(ok the bad jokes are over...I think). It was the begining of high school and my step-father had gotten out of the Army so I ended up in my first civilian school. I studied hard and did just as well as I did home schooled in the Army, but the biggest thing was I met an INFP, we will call here Sara to make the story easy, girl that taught me a lot about my own feelings and looking back I'm grateful.

I hated my step father, partly because after his retirement from the Army his alcohol issue got worse and my biological mom left when I was 8 so he got stuck with me. I had some anger issues but I bottled it up for my half sister and half brother. Sara taught me that I don't have to understand everyone or express all my feelings to others but that I need to understand my own and that I had others that would help me. She taught me how to adapt better with out changing who I am and I will always apreciate that.

Now some of you (xNFx most likely) will ask if I'm with Sara, sadly no. After high school I joined the Army to get college money and she got married two years after graduation. Her husband is a decent guy but I do regret not expressing to here how I felt.

I have had several xNFx friends and I have to say that INFPs have seemed to be my closest friends but I don't really know how to take the next step so it usually just stays friends.

(by the way I'm a weak T in the fact that I understand feelings well but tend to have issues externalizing feelings so my F is kind of wierd)
    Jean-Luc Picard: So, five-card stud, nothing wild... and the sky's the limit.
    [Final line of the series, spoken while playing poker with the senior staff for the first time.]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by matthew86 View Post
    I'm a weak T......I understand feelings well but tend to have issues externalizing feelings so my F is kind of wierd
    Every INFP I've met has had issues externalizing their feelings. So I don't think your F is "wierd", I think that's how it usually works for INFP's.

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Every INFP I've met has had issues externalizing their feelings. So I don't think your F is "wierd", I think that's how it usually works for INFP's.
    Yes one of my friends has told me that I'm almost split personality. At work or school I radiate INTP almost to the point of infecting others (I think if I can start infecting others with at least the NT the world will be better...lol). But on my off time I tend to seem almost INFP dominant. My friend tells me that my tendency to listen to others for hours on end (which I do tend to do for the simple fact that I enjoy gaining new information even if its just to determine that it is useless and through it away I enjoy learning) makes me seem very open to others and my desire not to start a fight but instead try to come to an agreable logical decision makes me seem like an F. I usually just don't want to fight because fighting with someone that seems stupid or just wrong seems like a waste of time. I don't know if any of you relate with me or just think I'm just wierd but I do see the truth in her words.
    Jean-Luc Picard: So, five-card stud, nothing wild... and the sky's the limit.
    [Final line of the series, spoken while playing poker with the senior staff for the first time.]

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    LOL. Yeah, it's hard to explain, but it's something like that. The highs are really high, the lows are really low. I think INTP/INFJ would be smoother. The highs wouldn't be as high, but the lows wouldn't be as low. Smoother, more peaceful long-term connection, instead of the roller-coaster ride that seems to be INTP/INFP.
    Try having an INFJ mother and your opinion may be different

Typically even MORE emotional than INFPs

I'd still take INFP over INFJ any day