• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do INTPs think of INFPs

matthew86

MBTI Type
INtP
Heartfelt moment

Ok if you don't want to here what will probably sound like a sob story in the end then just skip my post. I will say that this story does define myself and how I ended up the way I am now.

So the begining of my story. It takes place neither long ago or in a galaxy far, far away...though I may boldly gone where no man has gone before...(ok the bad jokes are over...I think). It was the begining of high school and my step-father had gotten out of the Army so I ended up in my first civilian school. I studied hard and did just as well as I did home schooled in the Army, but the biggest thing was I met an INFP, we will call here Sara to make the story easy, girl that taught me a lot about my own feelings and looking back I'm grateful.

I hated my step father, partly because after his retirement from the Army his alcohol issue got worse and my biological mom left when I was 8 so he got stuck with me. I had some anger issues but I bottled it up for my half sister and half brother. Sara taught me that I don't have to understand everyone or express all my feelings to others but that I need to understand my own and that I had others that would help me. She taught me how to adapt better with out changing who I am and I will always apreciate that.

Now some of you (xNFx most likely) will ask if I'm with Sara, sadly no. After high school I joined the Army to get college money and she got married two years after graduation. Her husband is a decent guy but I do regret not expressing to here how I felt.

I have had several xNFx friends and I have to say that INFPs have seemed to be my closest friends but I don't really know how to take the next step so it usually just stays friends.

(by the way I'm a weak T in the fact that I understand feelings well but tend to have issues externalizing feelings so my F is kind of wierd)

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm a weak T......I understand feelings well but tend to have issues externalizing feelings so my F is kind of wierd

Every INFP I've met has had issues externalizing their feelings. So I don't think your F is "wierd", I think that's how it usually works for INFP's.

matthew86

MBTI Type
INtP
Every INFP I've met has had issues externalizing their feelings. So I don't think your F is "wierd", I think that's how it usually works for INFP's.

Yes one of my friends has told me that I'm almost split personality. At work or school I radiate INTP almost to the point of infecting others (I think if I can start infecting others with at least the NT the world will be better...lol). But on my off time I tend to seem almost INFP dominant. My friend tells me that my tendency to listen to others for hours on end (which I do tend to do for the simple fact that I enjoy gaining new information even if its just to determine that it is useless and through it away I enjoy learning) makes me seem very open to others and my desire not to start a fight but instead try to come to an agreable logical decision makes me seem like an F. I usually just don't want to fight because fighting with someone that seems stupid or just wrong seems like a waste of time. I don't know if any of you relate with me or just think I'm just wierd but I do see the truth in her words.

Unique

LOL. Yeah, it's hard to explain, but it's something like that. The highs are really high, the lows are really low. I think INTP/INFJ would be smoother. The highs wouldn't be as high, but the lows wouldn't be as low. Smoother, more peaceful long-term connection, instead of the roller-coaster ride that seems to be INTP/INFP.

Try having an INFJ mother and your opinion may be different

Typically even MORE emotional than INFPs

I'd still take INFP over INFJ any day