• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT rulez

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you like freeze pops?

And do you think NTs like cherry or blueberry more?

Is this a trick q? Blueberry's a given, right?

And E's might prefer cherry..all 'forms' that is ;)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Jesus Christ, murkrow wins the internet. ROFL Yes I fell out of my chur.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Other temperaments seem to love to chit-chat between themselves and talk about inane things just to do "bonding". They also like to waste their time on idle flirting and relationship games that seems like the most inefficient use of resources to get down to business.

I'm fucking fed up with the other temperaments and sitting around them all day at work. They engage in such inane topics as how much does it cost to buy a house to how bubbly coke vs. pepsi is. Their feelings are easily hurt and they seem to divide the world into this strange division: friends vs. enemies. They seem to forget about the concept of neutrality.

Oh, lord, give me the strength to listen to their idle chit-chat and make sure these people leave and are replaced by someone that can teach me something about their domain of competence.

Where can I find NT's? Where are they hiding? I want to be with my brothers and sisters. At least we can argue, discuss, debate endlessly for the sole pleasure of doing so.

This is not solely an NT phenomenon. Certain ENFs *cough* appear to be antisocial for this reason.

ring the bell

LOL.. I love this thread. I get absolutely no satisfaction out of idle chit chat about stupid stuff when it's with people I don't relate to. sometimes it's all part of "playing the game" to get through the day.. I think there is definitely a level of just manners and mutual respect you must have with coworkers if you want to get things done effectively... Not everyone understands, however, that everyone indeed does NOT have any interest in their grandkids pictures or how they are dealing with their irritable bowel syndrome. some people are trying to concentrate at their desks and don't want to listen to stupid BS. Unfortunately, at the same time, it might not be so effective to piss said person or persons off by telling them so, especially when they control how well you get the resources to complete your job. and chances might be good that if a person goes to lengths to talk about such things, they might go to lengths to retaliate if you express your disdane... That's the sucky part about people bringing their outside lives to work..

I say this because I've been there, done that, unfortunately, in previous job settings. It's just a matter of, as I said, playing the game of Work.

I will say it can be fun just bantering with someone I do relate to because I actually am interested in their opinion. I guess the deciding factor is just if I respect the person or not enough to care what they have to say. I am fortunate enough to work with people who are pretty cool, have interesting opinions, and can bring somethign to the table, so to speak. It might be luck of the draw though, because I work as an engineer and am surrounded by ENTJ's , INTJ's, ENTP's and INTP's. go figure...

S

Sniffles

You really have to wonder if some people are just afraid to touch their own genitals, and posting threads like this one is their way of masturbating. :tongue:

Look, NTs aren't the only people who enjoy serious discussions. Heck, I absolutely love them. Probably the best conversations I can think of are those that mix "fluff" with serious topics. You get everything in one piece that way. :)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Where can I find NT's? Where are they hiding? I want to be with my brothers and sisters. At least we can argue, discuss, debate endlessly for the sole pleasure of doing so.

Well, the Internet is a good place to start. The more technical and complicated the subject, the better your chance of finding NTs. You may also find a few other types, but they'll most likely interact with you in an NT-ish fashion in such an environment.

In real life? I'm guessing in engineering fields, mathematics, and the sciences. Other than that, I have no clue.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I thrive on that kind of smalltalk you despise in the OP, but that's because I'm looking deeper into it and seeing it for what it really is rather than what it seems to be, its true potential... which should surely be the province of the N...??

You might think these people are talking about their pot plants because they really care about them, but in fact they're just using the vocabulary of pot plants to express a myriad other things that they're communicating. You've just gotta know the lingo.

It's all vital info that's invaluable to future strategies. Make or break, seriously.

But I'm perfectly capable of debating at any level on any subect in any way you'd like, amigo. Just cos I can function on what you'd call the shallow level, doesn't mean I'm limited to it. Try me :D

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Might be being too rational on the whole coke to pepsi debate, Coke obviously has a higher density of smaller bubbles than Pepsi where the bubbles are larger and more widely spaced.

Personally I prefer cherry :)

As for NT's taking over the world and heading towards globably domination..... there may well be a darn sight less of them but hey they do tend to travel much further on lifes journeys......

L)

S

Sniffles

You really have to wonder if some people are just afraid to touch their own genitals, and posting threads like this one is their way of masturbating. :tongue:

Now that it appears Maverick has returned, I just have one question: Feeling good over there?

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Mave, you're full o' shit. I've seen you rofling away in the silliest of conversations, playing around in a totally meaningless and non-profitable way, just for the sheer hell of it, and loving every minute of it. Don't give me that "I only engage in deep and meaningful" shit. :nono:

I bet if you hung around with a bunch of serious academics you'd soon be clawing at the door, like all "Lemme out!! Must... have... smalltalk....!!!"

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
For me, the people I tend to get along with best are INTPs..I just love them..I mean, I'd like INFPs too, but there really aren't too many that I know..but INTPs, and other NTs are awesome!

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
ive met people who like to "chit chat" in every temperament...are we bordering on NT elitism...? lol being an ENFP, I love to engage in deep conversations and do not particularly like small talk, in fact, it makes me want to drive me head through the nearest window, jump off the closest bridge, walk in front of a bus, or jump off off a bridge through a window and then land in a bloody heap to be slaughtered by the nearest greyhound. *cough* ya sorry bout that. but ya.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Come work in IT. You will be in NT male 35 and under heaven.

You'll get giddy talking about C++, Cobalt, Quake tournaments, and... :sleeping:

Oh sorry, what?

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't think it would work.

ENTJs would fall in love with the rapid development of solid ideas and devise a direction for the group to take, thereby corrupting it's original purpose in the eyes of the INTPs, stifling the independence of the INTJs and boring the ENTPs.

*This* ENTP would be excited and stimulated actually, by generating methods and means whereby ENTJ's plans can be achieved.