User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: NT rulez

MBTI
    INTJ

Where can I find NT's? Where are they hiding?

Science Fiction conventions and gaming conventions. Anime conventions, although they are not quite as NT as science fiction and game conventions in my opinion.

Game stores, the type that specialize in (non computer) role playing games.

Libraries

Ilah

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Work is an interesting concept.
    Especially Night's buff form of shirtless cleaning. It's all the rage.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    People wonder if Pepsi is more bubbly than Coke? Sounds like your co-workers are idiots. It's obvious that Coke is wayyy more bubbly than Pepsi.
    You take that back!!!

Pepsi makes my nose feel all crispy and tingly on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Especially Night's buff form of shirtless cleaning. It's all the rage.
    Uh.... where?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilah View Post
    Where can I find NT's? Where are they hiding?
    Science Fiction conventions and gaming conventions. Anime conventions, although they are not quite as NT as science fiction and game conventions in my opinion.
    Game stores, the type that specialize in (non computer) role playing games.
    Libraries
    Ilah
    They're hiding in Ilah?
    (Is your middle name Legion?)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

Maybe your co-workers think you're boring. Sometimes it's nice to talk about banalities and just spend time... you don't know what you can learn about the others.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You take that back!!!

Pepsi makes my nose feel all crispy and tingly on the inside.
    Then that must be due to your own esophageal abnormalities, because even a cursory glance at two freshly poured glasses of Coke and Pepsi will make it abundantly clear that Coke produces far more bubbles, and a far frothier, long-lasting head, than Pepsi.

MBTI
    INTJ

Believe me, you'll be happier without INTJackoffs.

INTPipsqueeks are okay though.
    wails from the crypt.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Kora View Post
    Maybe your co-workers think you're boring. Sometimes it's nice to talk about banalities and just spend time... you don't know what you can learn about the others.
    Yep. As a veteran coffee klatcher, I'd say you learn a substantial amount about people through inane and idle chit chat so don't disdain it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Then that must be due to your own esophageal abnormalities, because even a cursory glance at two freshly poured glasses of Coke and Pepsi will make it abundantly clear that Coke produces far more bubbles, and a far frothier, long-lasting head, than Pepsi.
    Oh. I thought you mean COKE.

*kicks razor blade and mirror under the sofa, blows nose*
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Yep. As a veteran coffee klatcher, I'd say you learn a substantial amount about people through inane and idle chit chat so don't disdain it.
    Seconded.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Do you like freeze pops?

And do you think NTs like cherry or blueberry more?
    No model exists that can predict if NT like cherry or blueberry more so I cannot answer your question with certainty or even an educated guess. However, I define cherry as better, as the ENTJ gets to say what is better for others after all.

Quote Originally Posted by sriv View Post
    rofl. As NT as you say you are, your Ti must have malfuntioned if you spelled rulz wrong.
    Considering ENTJ define the rulez, if I say rulez then that is the correct spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    *chunks a brick through your cubicle*

Dirty Te primary!
    Thou shalt be sent to the crocodiles tomorrow morning to have your T reinforced for future use in order to make you one of us.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    If I was to hazard a guess then I would say that they are avoiding you. Maybe they are discussing the relative merits of Coca-Cola and Pepsi with the other inane temperaments, because if I was an NT that is what I would be doing. It really is a very important and interesting controversy.
    Your guess is obviously influenced by a personal bias I have no access to, since these topics of conversation arise independent of my personal presence. However, I can understand why they would avoid me, as my mere presence makes them look rather incapable, they prefer to avoid me in order to maintain a positive social comparison context.

Concerning the controversy, these inane temperaments seem unable to justify theoretically the relative merits of Coke vs. Pepsi, when models exist that predict that this preference comes from a stronger association between Coke and a positive valence due to enhanced marketing (and this can be shown using double blind studies and fMRI techniques highlighting the "pleasure zone" in the brain and related memory).