• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Why do ENTJ's bully

Bardsandwarriors

Xena's boyfriend
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's rarely if ever "all system". I suppose ENTJs are only "all jerks" some of the time, if ever (*).

We're just mixing it with different spoons.

* classic enfp point of view.

What I see as the entj bullying behaviour is when they have some clear idea of how the thing needs to work, and the people they put into it, aren't doing exactly as they want them to. Well, that's people for you ;) So they get a bit frustrated and start ordering them around, which comes off.

Or a hundred variations of the above.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The problem is that people are mindless reactionary cavemen with a vicious nature and a cowardly streak a mile wide. An individual, however, is a reasonable thinking person capable of great compassion and honour. How do you put a system into place to ensure that both are catered for? The answer is probably that you lock an ENTJ and an ENFP in a room to figure it out and any idea they both agree on , you implement.
(of course you'd ask an INTP to check your work first for errors and logical inconsistencies)

Trust me, my father ENTJ finds my long term friend ENFP as much of a douche as vice versa. They both see the others point, respect it, the person saying it and their intelligence but neither could walk as the other. It just doesn't fit right.

Now take that experience and understanding away and you have the potential for conflict. At which point I would expect the ENTJ to emerge the victor due to their superior constructive and destructive ability as they sum their efforts (J) where as the ENFP is half at war with himself (P). In the aftermath both sides would see the other in a less than favourable light but it's the ENTJ who has used a style closest to what is commonly referred to as bullying and hence they'd get the label.

NUH UH. YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD, XANDER.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see what many ENTJs do as "bullying", so much as "bull-dozing". They can be unstoppable juggernauts when they have an object in mind, and heaven help you if you're in their path.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't see what many ENTJs do as "bullying", so much as "bull-dozing". They can be unstoppable juggernauts when they have an object in mind, and heaven help you if you're in their path.

accept that i've had ENTJs try to start shit with me and tell me how i was wrong when i had very little to do with their lives, and what i did or what i was accused of doing did not affect their success. so BAM! in your face

Lark

I think a much better question would be "ENTJs why do they bother?"

Its exactly what I feel like today. Worked hard. Stressed the fuck out. Was then stressed further by some thoughtless asshole. Went home.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People are the start and the end of every system in society. (I may be going round in circles here, putting F before T). From my pov, the system is a tool of the people; rather than people being a tool of the system.

Those people that you put into the system, are also supposed to be the beneficiaries of it.
Ultimately, the system is always a tool for people. Most of the time, however, they are also part of that system. People often resist attempts to remove people from systems on the grounds that it will dehumanize the system too much, and deprive it of the benefit of human judgment. (Consider, for example, debates in the military on "man in the loop" for weapons systems.) The distinction is easiest to see when the people involved in the system are separate from its beneficiaries, but this isn't always the case. A human working poorly within a system can easily jeopardize the benefit to himself and others. Then it's a bit like a variable whose rate of change is proportional to its value.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
accept that i've had ENTJs try to start shit with me and tell me how i was wrong when i had very little to do with their lives, and what i did or what i was accused of doing did not affect their success. so BAM! in your face

I think there's some cross over with an ENFJ style. You don't have to be deliberately involved to be considered a valid "target". Just not opposing well enough or letting things happen can be enough to draw their ire.

Just hug the teddy... most are big softies if you can find the teddy.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think there's some cross over with an ENFJ style. You don't have to be deliberately involved to be considered a valid "target". Just not opposing well enough or letting things happen can be enough to draw their ire.

Just hug the teddy... most are big softies if you can find the teddy.

i don't want to, that's the thing. it's usually out of left field. i leave most people alone

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
i don't want to, that's the thing. it's usually out of left field. i leave most people alone
My boss (ENFJ) considers silence a form of acceptance and ergo qualifying as a target.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
or maybe they could just hug each other
I believe that's another similarity, once you've been assessed as needing to be removed from the face of the earth, there's few ways back. I think it's just the form of execution favoured which differs ;)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I believe that's another similarity, once you've been assessed as needing to be removed from the face of the earth, there's few ways back. I think it's just the form of execution favoured which differs ;)

oh that's fine if they want to murder me, actually i'd prefer not to be. if it means they leave me alone. i'll accept murder.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
EJs. Can't live with them, can't think of a way to finish that sentence.

Just kidding, [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]. ;)

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
oh that's fine if they want to murder me, actually i'd prefer not to be. if it means they leave me alone. i'll accept murder.
Try the pit droid technique, "just hit the nose".

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
EJs. Can't live with them, can't think of a way to finish that sentence.

Just kidding, [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]. ;)
:irked:

I see how it is.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Try the pit droid technique, "just hit the nose".

i have terrible aim, I'll have to practice. actually most of them leave me alone now. i don't think i hit the nose, i think its more of they gave up. which is also completely fine with me.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:irked:

I see how it is.
200w.gif

There, there. I like you, too.