• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Why do ENTJ's bully

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do INTJ really understand people better? Usually this sort of interpersonal insight is considered one of our weaknesses. Then again, perhaps you are just saying that ENTJ is even worse.

Actually, I think that INTJs understand people just fine when they care to. My observation on where you guys fall down is not the insight, but the ritual. Fi seems to work in you guys such that when you want to express something to someone else, you can be kind of insistent on the right to express not just what you feel, but conveying it in a way that feels right to you personally. Sometimes this need for it to "feel right" for the INTJ will trump the needs/feels/preferences of the other party. It's like "HEY, I'M FEELING THIS FEELING RIGHT NOW", and the other party just has to figure out what to do with it.

Bardsandwarriors

Xena's boyfriend
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You can either defend the individuals rights above that of the populace or you have to back down a certain degree and that's where the ENTJ typically comes unstuck because they are more prone to value the system than the individual.

It's somewhat more nuanced than that. The ENFP trait, at least in me, is not to value the individuals more than the system - but to permit the individuals to operate in a self-directed, self-respecting way within society. Society needs systems, but if they are designed in a way that shuts down honest people, then it grates. Where chaos is good, is when the chaotic people are acting for the good. Where chaos is bad, is when dishonest and overly selfish people are permitted to abuse other people. So a system on which society operates needs to permit one, while curbing the other.

People are the start and the end of every system in society. (I may be going round in circles here, putting F before T). From my pov, the system is a tool of the people; rather than people being a tool of the system.

Those people that you put into the system, are also supposed to be the beneficiaries of it.

You also mention manufacturing. Well, that's a whole nother kettle of fish - production lines and robots :)

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's somewhat more nuanced than that. The ENFP trait, at least in me, is not to value the individuals more than the system - but to permit the individuals to operate in a self-directed, self-respecting way within society. Society needs systems, but if they are designed in a way that shuts down honest people, then it grates. Where chaos is good, is when the chaotic people are acting for the good. Where chaos is bad, is when dishonest and overly selfish people are permitted to abuse other people. So a system on which society operates needs to permit one, while curbing the other.

People are the start and the end of every system in society. (I may be going round in circles here, putting F before T). From my pov, the system is a tool of the people; rather than people being a tool of the system.

So your issue boils to down to ENTJs are not ENFPs. Got it.

fyfwie.gif

Bardsandwarriors

Xena's boyfriend
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You ain't got it. It's not about stereotypes - individuals OR system. It's about getting the mix right. If it's all system, ENTJs are jerks. If it's all individuals, it's almighty chaos.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
what? this thread is fiction. whats the name of the fairytale your discussing here, guys?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You ain't got it. It's not about stereotypes - individuals OR system. It's about getting the mix right. If it's all system, ENTJs are jerks. If it's all individuals, it's almighty chaos.

How about I handle my area of strength and competency, you handle yours and we both just have enough respect for each other to recognize that both are equally valuable even if the other's thing isn't really our thing. That way you don't have to proselytize to me, I don't have to be dismissive of you, and something might actually get done here. How does that sound?

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
uhm :thinking:

INTJs don't understand people better, they want to understand them. And any Ne type is going to make that difficult for them.

Bardsandwarriors

Xena's boyfriend
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How about I handle my area of strength and competency, you handle yours and we both just have enough respect for each other to recognize that both are equally valuable even if the other's thing isn't really our thing. That way you don't have to proselytize to me, I don't have to be dismissive of you, and something might actually get done here. How does that sound?

I have no idea what your "area of strength and competency" is. If it's being completely dismissive and demeaning to a relative newbie posting his own answer in good faith, you're doing very well.

"So your issue boils to down to ENTJs are not ENFPs. Got it."

Can we leave it there. I'll continue discussing it with Xander.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have no idea what your "area of strength and competency" is. If it's being completely dismissive and demeaning to a relative newbie posting his own answer in good faith, you're doing very well.

"So your issue boils to down to ENTJs are not ENFPs. Got it."

Can we leave it there. I'll continue discussing it with Xander.

You're welcome to lurk until you're ready for your seat at the adults table.

Bardsandwarriors

Xena's boyfriend
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What a nasty boy. I've reported your post for unprovoked belligerence.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let's both of you dial it back a bit, shall we? Thanks.

Bardsandwarriors

Xena's boyfriend
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
May I continue discussing this with Xander, without unsolicited insults from anyone else?

Jaguar

If it's all system, ENTJs are jerks. If it's all individuals, it's almighty chaos.

Out of curiosity, why is it you stated ENTJs are "jerks" if it's "all system," but there is no corresponding type that is also a "jerk" if it's "all individuals"?

Bardsandwarriors

Xena's boyfriend
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Out of curiosity, why is it you stated ENTJs are "jerks" if it's "all system," but there is no corresponding type that is also a "jerk" if it's "all individuals"?

Jerk aka bully is a reference to the thread title and theme. I was not implying that all entj's are jerks, just as the thread opener is not implying that all entj's are bullies. I was paraphrasing, with explanation of when and why the appeaance of bullying seems to take place.

Chaos was a direct reply to Xander's "chaos" = what happens when systems are not in place.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8

Those people that you put into the system, are also supposed to be the beneficiaries of it.

You also mention manufacturing. Well, that's a whole nother kettle of fish - production lines and robots :)
:) classic ENFP to my ears.
"I'm not sure what rules I want to obey so I'm certain I don't want you deciding for me"

The problem is that people are mindless reactionary cavemen with a vicious nature and a cowardly streak a mile wide. An individual, however, is a reasonable thinking person capable of great compassion and honour. How do you put a system into place to ensure that both are catered for? The answer is probably that you lock an ENTJ and an ENFP in a room to figure it out and any idea they both agree on , you implement.
(of course you'd ask an INTP to check your work first for errors and logical inconsistencies)

Trust me, my father ENTJ finds my long term friend ENFP as much of a douche as vice versa. They both see the others point, respect it, the person saying it and their intelligence but neither could walk as the other. It just doesn't fit right.

Now take that experience and understanding away and you have the potential for conflict. At which point I would expect the ENTJ to emerge the victor due to their superior constructive and destructive ability as they sum their efforts (J) where as the ENFP is half at war with himself (P). In the aftermath both sides would see the other in a less than favourable light but it's the ENTJ who has used a style closest to what is commonly referred to as bullying and hence they'd get the label.

Bardsandwarriors

Xena's boyfriend
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
TBH, I was pitching my comments directly at Xander, having got some measure of his easy-going style of discussion. I was not expecting someone else to hotly misinterpret my comments and stamp all over me.

Last edited:

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8

Personally I'd say that if someone is all anything then they're a jerk to many people.

Balance... I'm all balance...

:devil: