User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    And once again, an avoidance of my question.
    Some people think objects are the thing and relationships are the byproduct and some people think relationships are the thing and objects the byproduct. Truth is we can learn to see it both ways.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Can you answer my question? Do you or for that matter, anyone else in this thread, feel I've bullied them in this thread?
    Uh no. You're a wimp
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Uh no. You're a wimp
    A wild loki appears!

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    Some people think objects are the thing and relationships are the byproduct and some people think relationships are the thing and objects the byproduct. Truth is we can learn to see it both ways.
    You are still avoiding her question. And still avoiding mine.
    Likes bechimo liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Back on topic here:

Earlier I mentioned that ENTJ's are more prone to anger displacement. The truth is all people are prone to anger displacement.

But what is true particularly for the ENTJ, and maybe the cause of ENTJ bullying or seeming as a facade, is that the ENTJ will overlook displacement as a symptom of success after the fact. This ties into the "ends justify the means," syndrome we have spoken about and which is indicative of TE stuck in the grip of inferior FI. This actually may seem to make the ENTJ a sort of bully which he is not, but if he becomes conscious of his displacement and does not resolve it we could say that this would imply a sort of haphazard bullying or simply a recklessness where one does not consider the effect on others. Instead, the ENTJ becomes skewed more towards object gratification (inferior FI seeping into SE and hijacking TE) or unconscious actions.

some source material:
    ENTJ Growth & Careers

ctrl-f: "motto"
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I always just assumed it was E outward demonstration, T preference for impersonality, NJ tendency to have strong, focused opinions, and J tendency to actively control the environment combining to yield assertive, pointed action that can feel threatening to more mellow and/or fuzzy types. When ENTJs lean unhealthy, it can definitely turn into bullying, but otherwise it could equally be another type responding poorly to the ENTJ.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I always just assumed it was E outward demonstration, T preference for impersonality, NJ tendency to have strong, focused opinions, and J tendency to actively control the environment combining to yield assertive, pointed action that can feel threatening to more mellow and/or fuzzy types. When ENTJs lean unhealthy, it can definitely turn into bullying, but otherwise it could equally be another type responding poorly to the ENTJ.
    It's definitely a possibility although I have to say based on some ENTJ's themselves are mellow. I myself can range from entirely drab to talking for endless hours upon hours about executing a plan or some Idea I have for business.

This video does a good job of explaining the range of ENTJ expression.

The way he describes the physical posture is how I spot other ENTJ's and it's entirely true and I exhibit the same sort of posture.

I must say though that I've seen a lot of of ENTJ interviews on the net and many of them seem shaky and weak in their stance. From poker, I get the sense that they are always bluffing.

Also, I think ESTP's are generally pretty tough and they get similar vibes from the attitude of some ENTJ's stuck in their inferior function.
    it was open
    -the end"

Likes Bknight liked this post

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I haven't visited ENTJ sections on other forums so I can't comment on this. I have known/been close to a few ENTJs and didn't think of them as bullies. I've always liked them and got along very well with them.

They can rub people the wrong way by being brusque, impatient, and callous (read: "I'm just being real!")? Yeah. I think there are some that are knocked a little off center by ENTJs because they take a direct path to a goal and it can trigger feelings of insecurity in others (in other places, the rudeness meter will be off the scale). Even though I think this is more likely with ESTJs because they are more likely to explain to you why this is screwed up and you need to do it this way...I do feel bullied when this happens. "Lemme show your puny Te how it's REALLY done! And get your Si out to take notes so that this crap doesn't happen again!"

ENTJs, like INTJs, don't explain and seem...well have always seemed much more patient to me and willing to let me feel my way through a process as long I am picking it up quickly.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I have found a lot to disagree with in this thread.
    Likes johnnyyukon, Little_Sticks liked this post

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    so none of this is passive agressive?
    I have learnt to be passive agressive with ENTJ much more than with ESFJ

ESFJ can calm down with constant taunts... where ENTJ can resist.
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post