User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Sorry to cut in, but I've never been bothered by INTJs. I could see it and also, half the people don't have their type up.

And strangely, IRL, 3 different times ENTJs were trying to test me, I got the exact same 3 statements "I only do it to you, Johnny."

I wonder if there's an ENTJ/ENTP thing/something going on.
    Looks like an ENTJ thinks you're speshul.

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

The INTJ I know never tried to control me. They remain introverts and thinkers. We share great ideas, and they like me to decide for my own life.

I don't think I have ever dated an INTJ, so I can't talk about their behaviour within a relationship. I know them as reflective, respectful, intelligent, and secret.

ENTJ is the king of test, but with other NT the challenge is less easy for them.

I used to enter their game for the thrill of arguments. As I'm now working on my own feelings, I can become more remote under stress...

ENTJ/ENTP... something going on ? I become generally very stubborn facing EXXJ authority in a work place.

Depending on our values, more than our types, yes, some great friendship can take place. I love their frankness. Their cynism is ignored.

What do you think of Eric Cantona, is he an ENTJ ?

Unhealthy ENTJ love to impress others.
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Looks like an ENTJ thinks you're speshul.
    Aw shux.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I suppose if a INTJ insulted you, you could miss it, but you couldn't with a ENTJ.
    I would be more hurt by the words of an INTJ than ENTJ because INTJs understand people better and are better able to recognize how their actions can hurt people. It also feels more personal with INTJs whereas the Fi of ENTJ is stunted; they don’t choose people based on their understanding of someone’s individual weakness, they choose anyone that can’t speak Te.

ENTJs (especially the young ones) have such fear and awe for the Fi parts of themselves they seem desperate to disguise, safeguard and imprison it from intruding ideas/thoughts/feelings.
    Just like an Fi-dom, they are confused on what to do with their inferior function. You’re projecting a lot of negativity onto it, think about it, what do you do with your Te? No ones knows what to do with their inferior, it’s invasive and bewildering.

Often rather than defend a view to an undesirable counterargument they seem to prefer to go on the offensive and attack others; turn things back on the other person rather than internalise the counterargument, evaluate it and consult their own opinion of it.
    That sounds like an ENTJ under a lot of stress, they’re much more reasonable and focused usually.

They can run interference on themselves like no other type, and that's why you often get them saying "you're an idiot", when they really mean "I like you" (or "you're an idiot" rather than "I don't want to have to deal with this"). Maturity comes from greater comfort with Fi and being able to internalising the world without freaking out.
    I’m not sure I agree that they run interference on themselves. They’re very literal people, what you see is what you get. The only difference between them and ESTJs is that you can get a explanation out of the ESTJ, ENTJ are good at explaining, they just can’t be bothered.

-----------

People have to remember when dealing with ENTJs, you’re dealing with a rougher, more goal-orientated, extroverted, expansive, and efficiency driven version of the INTP. Both aren’t people focused and forget to consider the values and feelings of those around them. The difference is that INTPs are focused on the possibilities of the system, ENTJs are focused on bringing the most efficient possibility to life. One is theoretical, the other is practical.

The other difference is that Te-doms have the least Fe (and since their Fi is baby) of all types therefore they’re the type most likely to dismiss social harmony, values and personal values. This makes them appear merciless and egoistical but they’re not. An ENTJ is the most loyal, hardworking type you’ll meet. They dedicate their lives to improving everyone else’s through practical means just as an Fe-dom dedicates their life to maintaining social values.

Also, in regards to being bullied, in their minds you’re not being bullied, they disregard their Fi and charge through thinking it’s appropriate behavior. Before you judge them, remember your inferior function and what you neglect. Charge back at them, they’ll respect you more. Think about it, you love it when people speak with your functions, therefore ENTJs want you to speak through their functions. Do it, charge back at them, they're hard to offend.

-----------

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    How come ENTJs are so mean for telling other people what they think and yet, everyone loves to tell ENTJs their negative thoughts about them? This I find to be pretty funny, in an ironic way.
    I agree but at the same time, some people genuinely don't understand ENTJs.
    Likes chubber liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

when someone says something in a thread about it the other person is a hypocrite stupid baby ass fi. If there was a thread inviting criticisms on a different type the ENTJs could come on and criticize. what i'm talking about is the other type is eating a sandwhich minding their own business not asking for anything opinion wise from the ENTJ and the ENTJ comes over and tells the other person what's wrong with them. If you don't want to hear criticism about your type don't come into a thread called "Why do ENTJ's bully"
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    when someone says something in a thread about it the other person is a hypocrite stupid baby ass fi. If there was a thread inviting criticisms on a different type the ENTJs could come on and criticize. what i'm talking about is the other type is eating a sandwhich minding their own business not asking for anything opinion wise from the ENTJ and the ENTJ comes over and tells the other person what's wrong with them. If you don't want to hear criticism about your type don't come into a thread called "Why do ENTJ's bully"
    LOL. In fairness to Andante, this thread did sort of turn into a "victims of ENTJs" support group. Hopefully, we can get some understanding on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    Haha, but it's good to have someone explain the misinterpretation and I also don't want to see this thread derailed.
    Understood. No disagreement from me.

There are two types of ENTJs. Assholes and ones who try not to be assholes. The ones who try not to be assholes, lean towards Enneatype threes or assorted Enneatypes with SO as their top instinctual stacking, since social veneer is important to them.

ENTJs can be bullies or misinterpreted as bullies. It really depends on their motivation behind the behaviour. But one thing that I find curious, is the belief that we don't know what we're doing. We do know but just don't care, since there are people who are relevant or irrelevant to us. Inner circle people are relevant, in terms of caring about their feelings. These are the people who can hurt us. The next circle would be people who we're neutral towards, respect or are friendly with, whose feelings matter to us to some extent although they can't hurt us. Outside these two circles, others are largely irrelevant unless they become useful to us.
    Likes johnnyyukon liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

I think ENTJs know exactly what they're doing.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    There are two types of ENTJs. Assholes and ones who try not to be assholes. The ones who try not to be assholes, lean towards Enneatype threes or assorted Enneatypes with SO as their top instinctual stacking, since social veneer is important to them.
    I don't think it's that easy to generalise, I think it's different from ENTJ to ENTJ. My father and friends are both e8 sx-doms yet they get along well with everyone and have noble pursuits.

ENTJs can be bullies or misinterpreted as bullies. It really depends on their motivation behind the behaviour. But one thing that I find curious, is the belief that we don't know what we're doing... Outside these two circles, others are largely irrelevant unless they become useful to us.
    What I meant is that you don't always recognise the extent of how much it hurts someone nor do you put much weight on it. You do care more for your inner circle but at times you get carried away, eschewing personal values and integrity for the goal because that's what you're mostly focused on. You're hard to offend therefore don't put weight onto the importance of feelings (low fi).
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    I don't think it's that easy to generalise, I think it's different from ENTJ to ENTJ. My father and friends are both e8 sx-doms yet they get along well with everyone and have noble pursuits.
    Without knowing them, I can't comment.

You're hard to offend therefore don't put weight onto the importance of feelings (low fi).
    It's interesting how you've worded this, putting effect before cause. It points to our differences in focus which most likely correlates to the differences in our functional stacking. You don't have your type in your profile but based on our interactions, it's possible to guess two letters.