First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    It's also helpful if they have Fe-dom around, they learn a bit faster.
    Not always though. I can get along with ENTJ's really well. That said it can also result in a spectacular explosion if either party digs their heels and refuses to move.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Not always though. I can get along with ENTJ's really well. That said it can also result in a spectacular explosion if either party digs their heels and refuses to move.
    Je...Always the victor...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

So I went to this grad school with a lot of female ENTJ Art Directors (for some reason the males were LESS inclined to be disrespectful, but maybe that was my experience) and boy, they liked to talk shit, and in public.

At first it caught me off guard, but it takes one lesson for me, so I always had my guns loaded after that.

And from then on, whenever an ENTJ tried to belittle me, I struck back pretty hard (verbally mind you, haha) in public around their peers, and occasionally left them crying (keep in mind I don't LIKE doing that sort of thing).

A few came up to me and asked why I was so mean. It was ironic because they were the ones being assholes first, I was merely responding, in fact I said "You get what you give with me."

They never tried anything after that, like a mutual respect, and actually I became friends with many of them.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

ENTJ seem strong (which does not mean stable), but under the armor, there are big fears of losing control.

I'm dating an ENTJ. If you are too dependent they almost reject you.

If you are remote they start to worry and do as if they don't give a damn !

If you explain them you have your own ideas, feelings, and need your own space and points of view,

if they are healthy enough there is a chance that they could understand you.

I refuse to fight with "my ENTJ". They can be cynical, which make me even more remote, and even completely cut off emotionally.

They think they are right. But I love proving them they are wrong

Like ENTP they have to learn their weaknesses and appreciate living their emotional life in a more healthy way.

Avoid falling in their trap : they often wait for you to react to what they say.

When the last email of my date said : "So that's fine, we're gonna meet for christmas", I did not answer.

When we phoned each other next he forgot what he said ! I answered him :
    "Christmas is fine to me !"

Then he immediately tried to convince me. And here, one has to be firm : if you need some space, some loneliness and peace, just go for a long walk and tell them once. JUST ONCE. CLEARLY.

They should understand different points of views and feelings. And adapt to them or will be abandoned sooner or later
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Je...Always the victor...
    Not really. I actually don't care about winning most of the time. What I care more about is things being right. I'll easily aquiesse for even if it means losing if there is a reason to.

More of it comes from being determined if one knows they are right with what they have done. I can't speak for Te-doms, but I have observed they have a strong drive to win debates more so than Fe-doms. Usually what I'll do is state my piece and if the other party fails to acknowledge it then that's their issue not mine. Most Fe-doms lack the patience for that.

The times where I'll dig my heels in are when I know I am right, and if being unable to hold that would result in bad consequences.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Actually, I have FAR more problems with xNTPs on forums than ENTJs.

IRL I have been bullied by 2 ENTJs but only one was in a truly unforgivable manner. That one exempt, mostly it's a matter of getting used to the bluntness and condescension. They can't say what they really feel half the time and so you have to learn to read their backwards strange methods of expression. Like getting used to the idea that, "you fucking idiot" is actually is a term of endearment. But seriously, maturity is a big factor in all this - if they haven't learn to use Te as anything other than a hammer, they're going to struggle in the people skills department. I had a ENTJ lecturer at uni who was blunt and critical but was the best teacher I've ever had.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Actually, I have FAR more problems with xNTPs on forums than ENTJs.

IRL I have been bullied by 2 ENTJs but only one was in a truly unforgivable manner. That one exempt, mostly it's a matter of getting used to the bluntness and condescension. They can't say what they really feel half the time and so you have to learn to read their backwards strange methods of expression. Like getting used to the idea that, "you fucking idiot" is actually is a term of endearment. But seriously, maturity is a big factor in all this - if they haven't learn to use Te as anything other than a hammer, they're going to struggle in the people skills department. I had a ENTJ lecturer at uni who was blunt and critical but was the best teacher I've ever had.
    I have seen most of these criticisms levelled against INTJs as well. Do you notice a difference in your interactions with the two NTJ types?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I have seen most of these criticisms levelled against INTJs as well. Do you notice a difference in your interactions with the two NTJ types?
    I suppose it is true of both to some extent, but subjectively speaking, I have trouble even seeing INTJs and ENTJs as similar types. They are both intelligent and keen minded, but the forcefulness, decisiveness and reactivity of ENTJs is so distinct. I suppose if a INTJ insulted you, you could miss it, but you couldn't with a ENTJ. INTJs are also more studied and cautious in presenting their thoughts; they think things over so entirely and present it holistically, which lessens the chances of giving offence or having their intentions being misunderstood (and perhaps helps conceals their annoyance with others). ENTJs do this more same process instinctively and skip the detailed analysis, allowing themselves to react and express it more immediately*. This is far more likely to result in treading on toes and potentially makes it harder to conceal displeasure. ENTJs also learn by prodding information (and people) in order to provoke new thinking, whereas INTJs prefer to absorb and retreat to mull things over (am I correct?). This doesn't always go down well.

I don't find INTJs have that same backward emotions thing either - they seem altogether more comfortable with and aware of their feelings and inner drives. ENTJs (especially the young ones) have such fear and awe for the Fi parts of themselves they seem desperate to disguise, safeguard and imprison it from intruding ideas/thoughts/feelings. Often rather than defend a view to an undesirable counterargument they seem to prefer to go on the offensive and attack others; turn things back on the other person rather than internalise the counterargument, evaluate it and consult their own opinion of it. They can run interference on themselves like no other type, and that's why you often get them saying "you're an idiot", when they really mean "I like you" (or "you're an idiot" rather than "I don't want to have to deal with this"). Maturity comes from greater comfort with Fi and being able to internalising the world without freaking out.

Would you agree with all this? Or is your experience of it different?

*Strangely I relate to this more lately. I find myself telling people, "No. You're wrong", before I've thought through how that comes across (which is not well). It's not an insult - it's just a knee jerk reaction to inaccuracy that I fail express tactfully. Actually, I've found myself becoming more resistant to the internalising aspect and going on the offensive too. With development, the Fi-Te axis grows surprisingly alike over time...
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I suppose if a INTJ insulted you, you could miss it, but you couldn't with a ENTJ.
    Some of the biggest insulters in forum history are INTJs. Are you new to the forum?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Sorry to cut in, but I've never been bothered by INTJs. I could see it and also, half the people don't have their type up.

And strangely, IRL, 3 different times ENTJs were trying to test me, I got the exact same 3 statements "I only do it to you, Johnny."

I wonder if there's an ENTJ/ENTP thing/something going on.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.