Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    I think the SF types are too sensitive and stupid to understand and accept and respect honesty cause they're too weak for the truth.
    Please, do go on.
    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    ...Not sure I even want to touch this.
    Me wanting to touch this comes in fits and spurts. It's hard to be bothered with an effortpost, for sure.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    Self-deprecation comes pretty easily when I'm constantly blessed with reminders that so many have so much less to work with.
    I can feel the love

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Weird how all of the said things fit really well to my personality, because I'm an INTP (the NT counterpart). I don't bully, in fact, I hate bullying because I was bullied in my childhood. It hardened me though.
    They say I'm narcissistic, and I agree. In fact, I'm proud of being a narcissist. Also, Pride (tied with sloth) is my greatest sin. And I hate being wrong as well (mainly becausse I know I'm right and their arguments never prove me wrong but they accept it anyway). Also, I value competence above all else and I feel ashamed when I'm wrong, because it shows a lack of intelligence, but it only makes me stronger in the end.

Also, I believe ENTJs aren't mean, but rather, ENTJs are HONEST. I am usually honest in public and what happens? They call me an ASSHOLE. Seriously? I think the SF types are too sensitive and stupid to understand and accept and respect honesty cause they're too weak for the truth. But then again, it's the survival of the fittest (and not the nicest).
    I am a truthful person (and I am a great liar despite this hehehe) and demand for everyone else to be truthful. But because I am great at detecting liars, the liars hate my guts for this. there are only 3 types of people that could possibly hate ENTJs. Liars, sensitive people, and stupid people. And other ENTJs.

How about that, ENTJs? That's the ENTJ from an INTP's perspective. ENTJs, you're awesome, and you should stay that way! (INTPs are still better in every aspect but that's besides the point...)
    Honesty phrased in an abrasive fashion shows a lack of effort or skill with language. Why value that?

Pride shows a lack of understanding because otherwise you'd be convinced that you're probably wrong and are just waiting for the next step toward truth (what I consider the quintessential INTP trait).

Not listening to people who are sensitive means you'll never understand half of human nature and that is either wilful ignorance or laziness. Not good in the pursuit of intelligence.

Other than that, I concur. I much prefer someone to be straight with me. However, I just wish that on occasion they'd be less straight with others as I can often see the approaching train wreck.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?
    Likes Wind Up Rex, Bush Did 9/11 liked this post

Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Honesty phrased in an abrasive fashion shows a lack of effort or skill with language. Why value that?

Pride shows a lack of understanding because otherwise you'd be convinced that you're probably wrong and are just waiting for the next step toward truth (what I consider the quintessential INTP trait).

Not listening to people who are sensitive means you'll never understand half of human nature and that is either wilful ignorance or laziness. Not good in the pursuit of intelligence.

Other than that, I concur. I much prefer someone to be straight with me. However, I just wish that on occasion they'd be less straight with others as I can often see the approaching train wreck.
    I see what you mean. Let me explain.

1. The reason I wrote "honest" in capital letters is to get people's attention when the are scrolling down. I want them to read the section "ENTJs are honest" at least before they keep scrolling down.

2. Wrong. I value the truth more than anything. "The truth sets you free" is my life right there. I know the truth and I want to tell it to everyone and prove it if they don't believe me. But you contradicted yourself right here. If INTPs value the truth and argue about it, why assume you are wrong? You know the truth and you have to prove it. If I am wrong and know it, I don't argue. It's simple.

3. No. The ENTJ is talking and the sensitive is listening. The sensitives don't want to understand the truth because they can't handle it. I can understand that, but what I can't understand is, how can they be so happy living a lie?

4. I totally understand what you mean. But the thing is, emotions are necessary, but not when they get in the way of the truth.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

2. Wrong. I value the truth more than anything. "The truth sets you free" is my life right there. I know the truth and I want to tell it to everyone and prove it if they don't believe me. But you contradicted yourself right here. If INTPs value the truth and argue about it, why assume you are wrong? You know the truth and you have to prove it. If I am wrong and know it, I don't argue. It's simple.
    I generally try to admit when I'm ignorant. If someone manages to prove me wrong, I will happily concede the point.

I think people benefit from knowing the truth, and therefore, it is morally better for me to provide it. I'm denying them something that could be helpful by concealing things, or staying silent.

Admittedly, I do not always live up to my ideal, as sometimes expediency and my desire to be left alone sometimes interferes with my ideal.

That being said, there is a right way and a wrong way to communicate truth. Diplomacy and truth are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

4. I totally understand what you mean. But the thing is, emotions are necessary, but not when they get in the way of the truth.
    Yes... just because I'm afraid of something, for instance, does not mean my fear is valid or correct or justified or that people should assign some validity to my fear.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I generally try to admit when I'm ignorant. If someone manages to prove me wrong, I will happily concede the point.

I think people benefit from knowing the truth, and therefore, it is morally better for me to provide it. I'm denying them something that could be helpful by concealing things, or staying silent.

Admittedly, I do not always live up to my ideal, as sometimes expediency and my desire to be left alone sometimes interferes with my ideal.

Yes... just because I'm afraid of something, for instance, does not mean my fear is valid or correct or justified or that people should assign some validity to my fear.
    Don't misunderstand me. If someone says I'm wrong, I will listen to them, but then I willl prove them wrong and win the argument (and show them the truth). And honestly, I'm slightly extroverted, and love arguing with people. I'm a hypocrite though. i want to be left lone, but I never leave anyone alone. I decide when I interact with people (always spontaneous) and that's how I like it.

And to the last phrase:
    Exactly. I think and feel the person should know the truth no matter how he/she will feel. For example, if someone has aids, I will tell them they have aids. If they feel bad, it's their problem, not mine. They let their emotions get in the way of reality and they are responsible of accepting it. What do you think?

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Exactly. I think and feel the person should know the truth no matter how he/she will feel. For example, if someone has aids, I will tell them they have aids. If they feel bad, it's their problem, not mine. They let their emotions get in the way of reality and they are responsible of accepting it. What do you think?
    Hmmm... well, I'd say it's not that simple. I also try to be mindful of what my own motivations are in telling someone something. It's also helpful to think of how they will react. If it's likely that they will react poorly, one has to decide if they're ok with that or not. Sometimes I will tell someone even though they will react poorly because I am convinced that it will work better for them in the long run. In these cases, I'm often I'm tired of dealing with the issues caused by keeping silent about it, and hope to bring about a positive change in affairs.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    That being said, there is a right way and a wrong way to communicate truth. Diplomacy and truth are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
    What exactly are these?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    What exactly are these?
    If you announce some sort of truth to people without tact, or understanding of who the audience is, then it's very unlikely to be well received or received at all.

If you take into consideration who people are, and what needs to be said and how to increase the odds of them accepting a truth, then it is more easily and efficiently taken.

It comes down to the human element, which unfortunately the truth must be fit to. Truth does no good if others don't regard it.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    If you announce some sort of truth to people without tact, or understanding of who the audience is, then it's very unlikely to be well received or received at all.

If you take into consideration who people are, and what needs to be said and how to increase the odds of them accepting a truth, then it is more easily and efficiently taken.

It comes down to the human element, which unfortunately the truth must be fit to. Truth does no good if others don't regard it.
    That's basically what I was going to say. The difference is tact. You can tell someone he's an idiot, and it might be true. But it's not going to be as well received as, say, "I'm afraid you're misinformed."