User Tag List

First 162425262728 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

There's a Buddhist concept "Grant the victory".
    When a conflict is petty enough, and the opposition overly invested, the most logical course of action is to just grant the victory. It means more to them than to me, so why waste any more time? If you know your own internal power, there is no need to prove it externally in all cases. If you can live with perceived defeat, with nothing to prove externally, then you are unconquerable.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    There's a Buddhist concept "Grant the victory".
    When a conflict is petty enough, and the opposition overly invested, the most logical course of action is to just grant the victory. It means more to them than to me, so why waste any more time? If you know your own internal power, there is no need to prove it externally in all cases. If you can live with perceived defeat, with nothing to prove externally, then you are unconquerable.
    Seriously. Why even bother to play such a game? If someone's looking to scrap.. well, they can get their sense of self-satisfaction without me having to waste my time or energy.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    I was thinking on the ENTJ/INTJ divide and have found two clips that I feel summarize both sides pretty eloquently.

ENTJ Bullying

INTJ Intimidation

If you see those characters as NTs, there's a problem.
    Likes chubber liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    If you see those characters as NTs, there's a problem.
    I think the type of the characters in and of themselves is besides the point, really. The clips are interesting because of the point of view expressed, and how they juxtapose two differing displays of aggression. Could an ENTJ make Vito's quiet threat? Sure. Is an INTJ capable of Col. Jessup's jingoistic bluster? Why not. We're pretty much talking in stereotypes, anyways.

But, since we're on the subject, Jessup is more likely than not ETJ, and Vito is pretty solidly INTJ. I'd still be interested in your arguments to the contrary, though.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

I think the type of the characters in and of themselves is besides the point, really. The clips are interesting because of the point of view expressed, and how they juxtapose two differing displays of aggression. Could an ENTJ make Vito's quiet threat? Sure. Is an INTJ capable of Col. Jessup's jingoistic bluster? Why not. We're pretty much talking in stereotypes, anyways.

But, since we're on the subject, Jessup is more likely than not ETJ, and Vito is pretty solidly INTJ. I'd still be interested in your arguments to the contrary, though.
    I see two authority-centered SJs hungry for the respect of others. If they can't get it, maybe they'll just kill you. Big thinkers, eh? Hardly visionaries, or knowledge-centered individuals.

Col. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Kaffee: Did you order the Code Red?
    Col. Jessep: I did the job I...
    Kaffee: *Did you order the Code Red?*
    Col. Jessep: *You're Goddamn right I did!*
    Screams ESTJ.

And Vito is as abstract as a brick.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I see two authority-centered SJs hungry for the respect of others. If they can't get it, maybe they'll just kill you. Big thinkers, eh? Hardly visionaries, or knowledge-centered individuals.
    Jessup, I'll cop to being ESTJ. But if you think that Vito Corleone is a man with any inclination towards "authority" then you have a fundamental misunderstanding of that character. Corleone was exceptional because he was unwilling to accept society's expectations for him or his family. He adopted the rules old world to the circumstances of the new one and built an empire. The man saw a way where there was none. That's a visionary.

As for being hungry for respect, I mean, that's just about it being better to be feared than loved.

Jessup, I'll cop to being ESTJ. But if you think that Vito Corleone is a man with any inclination towards "authority" then you have a fundamental misunderstanding of that character. Corleone was exceptional because he was unwilling to accept society's expectations for him or his family. He adopted the rules old world to the circumstances of the new one and built an empire. The man saw a way where there was none. That's a visionary.

As for being hungry for respect, I mean, that's just about it being better to be feared than loved.
    If you don't put a friend of mine in your movie, Mr. Director, I'll just order your horse's head be cut off. Damn, that's a visionary.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

If you don't put a friend of mine in your movie, Mr. Director, I'll just order your horse's head be cut off. Damn, that's a visionary.
    Huh. Never would have taken you for the guy who would have asked Mrs. Lincoln about her thoughts on the play, but I stand corrected.

Ask me sometimes to explain the difference between tactics and strategy to you. I think you'd get a lot out of it.

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Not all ENTJs bully, they have more chances of doijng it, but really..
    I don't accept this insult.
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

Huh. Never would have taken you for the guy who would have asked Mrs. Lincoln about her thoughts on the play, but I stand corrected.

Ask me sometimes to explain the difference between tactics and strategy to you. I think you'd get a lot out of it.
    And if you think cutting off a horse's head is a strategy or a tactic, stay away from a chessboard. Or would you consider it strategic to pick it up and bash it over someone's head? The brilliance . . .