User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: INTJ Matches?

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Default INTJ Matches?

In your opinion, and experience, what is the best match (significant other) for INTJs, and why?
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

INFJ, because we balance each other out.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFJ

Ooh, cool thread. Everyone is interested in the love lives of the silent, mysterious INTJs.

Seriously, I think the success and happiness of a relationship has a whole lot more to do with commitment, respect, affection, and all that good stuff than it does with personality type.

That said, I like the idea of INTJ/INFJ pairings-- all other things being equal, and so long as they are mature enough to handle Te/Fe differences. There is a lot of common ground-- (introversion, Ni, etc,) but enough difference to keep things interesting and promote personal growth.

In my highly humble and uninformed opinion.
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    Seriously, I think the success and happiness of a relationship has a whole lot more to do with commitment, respect, affection, and all that good stuff than it does with personality type.
    I completely agree. I think that is a major reason why INTJ/INFJ would work really well. They both value commitment.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    nnnn

I don't find INFJs attractive at all. Ni x 2 is too much.

I'll have to go with Ne users or P types in general. Note that my J is fairly low.

MBTI
    INTJ

INTJs, have you had any relationship experiences with INFPs?

And I also wanted to add, that even if the INTJ, INFJ thing worked out really well... those are two types that are both near 1% of the population...
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    I don't find INFJs attractive at all. Ni x 2 is too much.

I'll have to go with Ne users or P types in general. Note that my J is fairly low.
    Really? Ne makes me nervous, not sure why, I guess it can seem so random and unpredictable. I'm more comforable with other J types.

Note that I'm talking about relationships. Ne is cute and totally acceptable in friends and acquaintances.
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    And I also wanted to add, that even if the INTJ, INFJ thing worked out really well... those are two types that are both near 1% of the population...
    Does it follow that they'd be less likely to find eachother? I've heard IN's in general are sorta rare, but I know several. I think they gravitate to similar activities and social groups.

Also, who's to say that statistic is accurate? *shrugs*

Sniffles

Based on my experiences with INTJ girls.....I'd advised against the whole INFJ/INTJ pair. If it works, I guess things would be fine. If it doesn't(like it did with me), well.......let's just say you have one incredibly shitty mess to clean up.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Thanks Helen. I'm lazy (writing and expressing), I just know it works for us (INTJ husband and myself).
    Time is a delicate mistress.