• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Matches?

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
All this talk about ENFPs, what about INFPs?

Personally I find that I want to kill most E's once I stay with them for too long.

Wrath Mania

MBTI Type
ENTP

Personally I find that I want to kill most E's once I stay with them for too long.

How strong of an Introvert would you say you are? That might be a reason why. I bet a weak Introvert would work well with a very strong one, whereas perhaps either could find a very strong Extravert to be tiring.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
How strong of an Introvert would you say you are? That might be a reason why. I bet a weak Introvert would work well with a very strong one, whereas perhaps either could find a very strong Extravert to be tiring.

Well I took one test... and it said... 100% introverted :D

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
INFPs are quite attractive, actually. It's a shame that so many seem to have far more issues than other types (self-hate is really popular, for instance, and once they're in it, nothing you can say will get them to snap out of it, and they often do self-destructive things (if not immediately self-destructive, they get into bad relationships) because they see themselves poorly).

I just need to be around people that are sane and reasonable...

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ

I only know one INFP girl. She is married to an INTP. I've observed her interact with INTJs on a friendly basis. There seems to be mutual esteem and little personality clashing.

As far as a relationship goes, both parties having Fi might make communication a little difficult or boring at times? That's the only objection that springs to mind. But so much depends on other factors. I really do think type is negligible in comparison to a host of other considerations.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I only know one INFP girl. She is married to an INTP. I've observed her interact with INTJs on a friendly basis. There seems to be mutual esteem and little personality clashing.

As far as a relationship goes, both parties having Fi might make communication a little difficult or boring at times? That's the only objection that springs to mind. But so much depends on other factors. I really do think type is negligible in comparison to a host of other considerations.

Personality clashing?

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
All this talk just makes me want to make a law in which every person is required to wear their type on some sort of name tag. Or have it float above their head magically.

squibbles

MBTI Type
INTJ
What about INTJ/INTJ?

I hear one extreme or the other: mental connection but NO passion whatsoever, OR an incredible sense of companionship if they are willing to challenge each other.

I'm currently seeing another INTJ. We're both pretty introverted, but I'm really trying to get better at this and I've done fairly well so far. My SFP are much more developed than his are. I feel like I'm more grounded whereas he is more theoretical, I'm more in touch with the emotions of others whereas he is strictly logical, and I'm more willing to go with the flow. I feel like all of these are learned things, it's not how I was naturally, but I'm really liking the changes I've seen so far.

If I hadn't developed these other aspects of myself, I think we'd be abysmal together. Two robots. But I think that we're strong where the other lacks because of how I've changed*, even if our natural tendencies are the same.

*over time and for myself, it's not like I was trying to change for him.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
I've heard INTJ/INTJ works well, but it seems to have problems if the INTJs do not come from extremely similar backgrounds and/or have very similar mindsets.

Females are rare and they usually go for INTJ males, which may be an optimal pairing or could be due to a lack of options. Males can't do this because there are so few females of our type, therefore we are more likely to look outside our type. Introverted NTs are particularly-interesting to me, along with some NFs (both introverted and extroverted). We'll see how it works in actual implementation...

MBTI Type
INxJ
What about INTJ/INTJ?

I've only dated one INTJ and I've no inclination to try it again.

INFJ females, are my best match. They are intelligent enough to hold my attention, serious about their commitments, and more feeling than myself. They also seem to be private which I appreciate very much.

Edit: E's are fun as friends, but I couldn't be in a romantic relationship with one. I want to stab myself in the eye when I hang around E's for too long.

Last edited:

squibbles

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've heard INTJ/INTJ works well, but it seems to have problems if the INTJs do not come from extremely similar backgrounds and/or have very similar mindsets.
Well, we did have significantly different childhoods, but we think in strikingly similar ways and have pretty much the same beliefs. We haven't hit a major ideological clash yet.

Females are rare and they usually go for INTJ males, which may be an optimal pairing or could be due to a lack of options. Males can't do this because there are so few females of our type, therefore we are more likely to look outside our type. Introverted NTs are particularly-interesting to me, along with some NFs (both introverted and extroverted). We'll see how it works in actual implementation...
This does sound very plausible...but I can't really comment cause I'm the only female INTJ I know IRL. :/

Last edited:

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I don't know if I'd go for the whole INTJ/INTJ pairing. I find most INTJs annoy me almost as much as extroverts (online, anyway), and the two times I've gone on a date with INTJs, I was either incredibly bored or just plain weirded out.

I tend to click more with NFs, but most F males I meet make me feel masculine...It'd have to be a fantastic relationship to get past that.

Usehername

On a mission
Hypothetical MBTI S.O. Preference Order For Me As An INTJ (subject to change as my moods and experience change):

1. ENFJ
2. ENTJ
3. INFP
4. INFJ*
5. ENFP
6. INTJ
7. ISTJ
8. ESFP
9. ESTJ
10. ISTP*
11. ESTP
12. ISFP
13. INTP
14. ENTP
15. ISFJ**
16. ESFJ**

* = types I have little life experience with
** = types I have had extremely adverse life experience with, which strongly and irrationally biases my opinion

Generally, I like xxxJ to deal with in everyday life because it causes me the least stress; I like xNxJ in initimate relationships though have formed good things with xNFPs.

squibbles

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't know if I'd go for the whole INTJ/INTJ pairing. I find most INTJs annoy me almost as much as extroverts (online, anyway), and the two times I've gone on a date with INTJs, I was either incredibly bored or just plain weirded out.
INTJs online annoy me if they try oh-so-desperately to be a cold and ruthless robot, simply because that's the extreme of the INTJ type description and they want to be hardcore. :steam:

With "my" INTJ, I've pretty much never felt bored; I usually come away from all out conversations with something interesting.

Here
is a thread on that subject.
haha when I was doing my research to find out whether we'd be compatible (yes, I realize how stupid that is now) I read that thread several times, but thanks for the thought! :D

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tend to click more with NFs, but most F males I meet make me feel masculine...It'd have to be a fantastic relationship to get past that.

Don't take this wrong, but what would you see as fantastic? Also, what would make you feel more feminine?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think the best matches for me would be ENFP & INFJ or possibly INTJ as already mentioned.

Hypothetical MBTI S.O. Preference Order For Me As An INTJ (subject to change as my moods and experience change):

10. ISTP*

* = types I have little life experience with

I would be interested to know why you rate ISTP as 10/16 based on experience, I'm curious as I've been thinking this match might work for me.

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Don't take this wrong, but what would you see as fantastic? Also, what would make you feel more feminine?

Fantastic as in incredibly great...lol No, seriously though, when I say fantastic, I mean the sort of relationship where I feel some sort of emotional/mental intimacy that goes both ways (as opposed to the sort of relationship I've had in the past, where the guy leaned on me too hard for emotional support without bothering to see if I had needs as well). I think if I had a healthy sort of relationship, it'd be easier to accept a "feeling" man without needing to run screaming.

And I honestly don't know what would make me feel more feminine. The only thing that has worked at all so far is being around tall guys...not exactly sure how that works, but I'm man-sized as well as being an INTJ, so when I'm around taller guys...yeah, I dunno.