User Tag List

First 78910 Last

Thread: INTJ Matches?

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Eh, I'm pretty convinced I'm INFP, quite a few other people are too. I've just been through a lot of crap that has either helped me develop my ESTJ shadow some, or I've become very jaded. Desperate situations can bring about desperate changes; had I not become more pragmatic I would not have survived.
    Its a good thing to be pinned in a corner a few times. Its what defines and brings you to life. Some people are inherently afraid to fight/avoid confrontation.....the world must appear frightening to them.
    "A species of perfection and fantasy"......

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
    Its a good thing to be pinned in a corner a few times. Its what defines and brings you to life. Some people are inherently afraid to fight/avoid confrontation.....the world must appear frightening to them.
    It still is to me, I just use what I've learned to mitigate the danger where I can.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    INFJ? That's odd.
    Elaborate?
    Agreed. Please elaborate FallsPioneer.

INFJ has been my best match thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiana View Post
    My husband of just over 3 years is INTJ like me. It's an incredibly great match. INTJs also make great male friends for me.
    I read something about how male NTs are attracted to their opposites and female NTs like to date similar. I can agree with that observation somewhat.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

A few types come to mind as being ideal matches for INTJs:

ENFPs...I find ENFPs to be very attractive. I admire their creativity and inventiveness - even randomness. I have never dated one and thus I am not sure about long-term compatibility.

ISFJs...I seem to attract ISFJs. INTJs and ISFJs both tend to be well organized and diligent. In addition, I get the sense that ISFJs are romantics who appreciate nice dinners and being cuddled - more generally, ISFJs like to feel protected. Accordingly, the INTJs outward confidence provides a sense of comfort to the ISFJ. I reckon that the main conflict in an INTJ-ISFJ relationship is that ISFJs tend to be really high maintenance.

ESFPs...Recently I've gotten to know a certain ESFP and we get along great. She is very emotionally astute and knows how to lighten up the INTJ by taking a disarming approach. However, the NT vs. SF make me question the long-term compatibility with an ESFP. They are really kind but they don't give back much intellectually.

I*FP...My gf is an I*FP. We've been together for five years and get along great. This is definately my number one choice as an ideal match with INTJs.

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    LIE

It depends on how rigid/extreme the INTJ is. As for me, I really could not stand a relationship with an INFJ; it seemed like a perfect match but it turned out that he was way too sensitive and "weak" for me...couldn't stand it.

I think the best relationship so far is with an ENFJ as they are usually strong/charismatic/interesting enough to hold an INTJ's attention and not be clingy but still be patient enough to put up with an INTJ (unintentional insensitivity, unintentional coldness, etc.)

"I have no need for good souls; an accomplice is what I want"--Sartre

psychic changes are born in your heart, entertain.

Blog

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I read something about how male NTs are attracted to their opposites and female NTs like to date similar. I can agree with that observation somewhat.
    If it seems true, it's only because female NTs are much rarer than male NTs

My husband is not the only INTJ I'd ever dated, nor the only one who ever liked me that way. Most of my male INTJ friends seem to prefer females who are also IN types.
    j'adore les chats

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    INFJ? That's odd.
    Elaborate?
    Okay, I remembered this thing for like a month, so I'll finally address it now. I'll start by saying I'm slightly I, moderately N, and weak in T and J.

I've always I appreciated the strong sense of communion that I get hanging out with INFJs, but I don't think it would work out for me romantically. Most of the INFJs I know tend to be very similar to me and I'd get bored over time. Which is kind of an asshole thing to say but that's my personal thing on it. We've always sought each other out as "security friends," the kind of people that you hang out with to say you're hanging out with somebody, and it looks like it works because you're similar enough...I don't know of a single time that they've been attracted to me or I to them. (then again I'm not the best person to ask...because I automatically don't expect anything romantic from friends so my mind has that sort of tunnel vision thing going with regards to that.)
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by FallsPioneer View Post
    Okay, I remembered this thing for like a month, so I'll finally address it now. I'll start by saying I'm slightly I, moderately N, and weak in T and J.

I've always I appreciated the strong sense of communion that I get hanging out with INFJs, but I don't think it would work out for me romantically. Most of the INFJs I know tend to be very similar to me and I'd get bored over time. Which is kind of an asshole thing to say but that's my personal thing on it. We've always sought each other out as "security friends," the kind of people that you hang out with to say you're hanging out with somebody, and it looks like it works because you're similar enough...I don't know of a single time that they've been attracted to me or I to them. (then again I'm not the best person to ask...because I automatically don't expect anything romantic from friends so my mind has that sort of tunnel vision thing going with regards to that.)
    Wait till you get a sexy ass friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

INTP... I think not.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Though it is the most obvious, an ENFP would be a perfect fit with an INTJ.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    Though it is the most obvious, an ENFP would be a perfect fit with an INTJ.
    Hey, you can't say that and then say this on the other thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    ...NTs and NFs natural compliment each other BUT I would say its a bad idea.
    :1377: