User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Thread: INTJ Matches?

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    They do, that is why they hate each other.
    I here that a lot, and I don't believe it.

I guess it's just a matter of different experiences. *shrugs*
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    I here that a lot, and I don't believe it.

I guess it's just a matter of different experiences. *shrugs*
    I'm pretty sure that's true with most if not all types...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years is an ENFP and we get along fantastically. She's just so much fun to be around and she brings out this side of me that i didn't know existed, but it's definitely a good thing. She's pretty reckless and clumsy when it comes to some stuff but i balance her out pretty well just like she balances me out. It seems like she gets lost in whatever she's doing, like she completely immerses her whole awareness in whatever event is happening. We have a lot of random conversations and she's always interested in what i have to say. I can hang out with her all day and i won't get annoyed at all. We usually spend most of the day together but i feel like it's not enough time. I wish i could be with her all the time.

MBTI
    INTJ

My husband of just over 3 years is INTJ like me. It's an incredibly great match. INTJs also make great male friends for me.

I've dated a couple INFPs - one was way too passive and immature, while the other turned evil suddenly (Fi subject to whim, plus P indecisiveness...)

I've also dated a couple ENFPs. I felt like they were trying to dominate me or make me feel like I was some backward, naive little girl. I didn't like it.

I can't speak for all INTJs of course, but a fellow INTJ was definitely the best match for me.
    j'adore les chats

MBTI
    INTJ

I hate the idea of dating another INTJ. I am insanely bored by people whom I think are too similar to me.

If I had to name types...that's kinda hard I guess, the only ones I'd really exclude are INFJ, INTJ, INTP, ENTJ, ISTJ, ESTP, and ESFP. Life may prove me wrong later, but that's what I know I don't want.
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by FallsPioneer View Post
    I hate the idea of dating another INTJ. I am insanely bored by people whom I think are too similar to me.

If I had to name types...that's kinda hard I guess, the only ones I'd really exclude are INFJ, INTJ, INTP, ENTJ, ISTJ, ESTP, and ESFP. Life may prove me wrong later, but that's what I know I don't want.
    INFJ? That's odd.
    Elaborate?
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    intj

I have dated two beautiful INFP women in my adult life and they both were failed efforts. They are charming for about a week until you realize the fantasy world (to them) is real. Not a great match for an INTJ as we base our views on strict pragmatism. I avoid them at all costs. I found myself trying to "make it work" and spent a lot of energy on problem solving. They dont like when "the fantasy" is contested.
    "A species of perfection and fantasy"......

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
    I have dated two beautiful INFP women in my adult life and they both were failed efforts. They are charming for about a week until you realize the fantasy world (to them) is real. Not a great match for an INTJ as we base our views on strict pragmatism. I avoid them at all costs. I found myself trying to "make it work" and spent a lot of energy on problem solving. They dont like when "the fantasy" is contested.
    This is where being the eldest in my family and having to take care of my siblings almost as much as my parents did helped me over the fantasy thing. Those two girls needed to grow up a little still, because the best fantasy is the kind you can make truly real rather than just in your own head.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    This is where being the eldest in my family and having to take care of my siblings almost as much as my parents did helped me over the fantasy thing. Those two girls needed to grow up a little still, because the best fantasy is the kind you can make truly real rather than just in your own head.
    Are you sure you are an INFP? I detected a hint of pragmatism.....I have found INFPs to be extremely conflicted. They attempt to escape the harsh reality of existence vicariously inventing a "better place" in their mind. It NEVER works out and that truth (which is unconsciously ignored) comes up on them in a hurry. Its the shadow they cant escape and always present. This is why INTJs tend to be successful...they accept the world as a chaotic place. Doesnt make it any easier...you either fight or be eaten. Animals dont have the luxury of contemplation...they have to move on a dime. The beauty of survival.
    "A species of perfection and fantasy"......

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Eh, I'm pretty convinced I'm INFP, quite a few other people are too. I've just been through a lot of crap that has either helped me develop my ESTJ shadow some, or I've become very jaded. Desperate situations can bring about desperate changes; had I not become more pragmatic I would not have survived.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]