User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: INTJ Matches?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    So no one with any INTJ/INFP experience?
    Previous experience = not an ideal match for me, the always-trying-to-please-me mixed with indecision was not attractive in a romantic relationship.

Might find this interesting though.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    Personality clashing?
    As in pointless bickering due to misunderstandings and not based on any "real" conflict.
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Previous experience = not an ideal match for me, the always-trying-to-please-me mixed with indecision was not attractive in a romantic relationship.

Might find this interesting though.
    Heh I actually read that thread when I was first getting into MBTI... I should read it again though.
    Thanks everyone for your replies and insight.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by squibbles View Post
    INTJs online annoy me if they try oh-so-desperately to be a cold and ruthless robot, simply because that's the extreme of the INTJ type description and they want to be hardcore. :steam:
    Some individuals are really like that though. There's no trying, they just are. BlueWing, while not an INTJ but still in the hard-core thinker category, is probably genuinely being himself. I can tell you from experience, non-feeling people exist.

Should they loosen up now and then? Hell yes. lol

Yet, you should still take into consideration that probably half of the online people aren't pretending. It's just how they are.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I think the best matches for me would be ENFP & INFJ or possibly INTJ as already mentioned.

I would be interested to know why you rate ISTP as 10/16 based on experience, I'm curious as I've been thinking this match might work for me.
    The only ISTP I know is a female cousin; she and I respect each other, have similar interests in sports, have even taken the same classes at university together, but yet continually make the most boring conversation partners. And we both know it.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Firelie View Post
    Fantastic as in incredibly great...lol No, seriously though, when I say fantastic, I mean the sort of relationship where I feel some sort of emotional/mental intimacy that goes both ways (as opposed to the sort of relationship I've had in the past, where the guy leaned on me too hard for emotional support without bothering to see if I had needs as well). I think if I had a healthy sort of relationship, it'd be easier to accept a "feeling" man without needing to run screaming.
    I thought a person should be able to expect this from a relationship...

And I honestly don't know what would make me feel more feminine. The only thing that has worked at all so far is being around tall guys...not exactly sure how that works, but I'm man-sized as well as being an INTJ, so when I'm around taller guys...yeah, I dunno.
    fair enough
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I thought a person should be able to expect this from a relationship...
    I can expect things 'til I'm blue in the face, that doesn't mean I get them.

To be fair, I think I probably attract the not-so-stable ones, and I'm not exactly well-versed in opening up in a mental/emotional way with other human beings, so maybe my case is just fraught with problems to begin with.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Firelie View Post
    I can expect things 'til I'm blue in the face, that doesn't mean I get them.

To be fair, I think I probably attract the not-so-stable ones, and I'm not exactly well-versed in opening up in a mental/emotional way with other human beings, so maybe my case is just fraught with problems to begin with.
    LOL, I recognize this problem; I've dealt with it myself. I'm trying a few different methods to get around that though just incase there's a healthy relationship waiting for me around the corner. I won't expect it right away, and definately expect some trouble, but if I keep my focus I'll find her.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by squibbles View Post
    INTJs online annoy me if they try oh-so-desperately to be a cold and ruthless robot, simply because that's the extreme of the INTJ type description and they want to be hardcore. :steam:
    Danger Will Robinson! Danger!

Those INTJ's just need to reevaluate themselves as INTJ. I think the true calling of an INTJ is almost a renaissance man/woman understanding of the world. I mean, you do want to constantly learning and perfecting your skills right INTJ's?? That includes your EQ and social aptitude.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    Those INTJ's just need to reevaluate themselves as INTJ. I think the true calling of an INTJ is almost a renaissance man/woman understanding of the world. I mean, you do want to constantly learning and perfecting your skills right INTJ's?? That includes your EQ and social aptitude.
    Well said!