User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: INTJ Matches?

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by squibbles View Post
    What about INTJ/INTJ?
    I've only dated one INTJ and I've no inclination to try it again.

INFJ females, are my best match. They are intelligent enough to hold my attention, serious about their commitments, and more feeling than myself. They also seem to be private which I appreciate very much.

Edit: E's are fun as friends, but I couldn't be in a romantic relationship with one. I want to stab myself in the eye when I hang around E's for too long.
    Last edited by 01011010; 08-10-2008 at 04:56 PM.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I've heard INTJ/INTJ works well, but it seems to have problems if the INTJs do not come from extremely similar backgrounds and/or have very similar mindsets.
    Well, we did have significantly different childhoods, but we think in strikingly similar ways and have pretty much the same beliefs. We haven't hit a major ideological clash yet.

Females are rare and they usually go for INTJ males, which may be an optimal pairing or could be due to a lack of options. Males can't do this because there are so few females of our type, therefore we are more likely to look outside our type. Introverted NTs are particularly-interesting to me, along with some NFs (both introverted and extroverted). We'll see how it works in actual implementation...
    This does sound very plausible...but I can't really comment cause I'm the only female INTJ I know IRL. :/
    Last edited by squibbles; 08-11-2008 at 02:33 AM.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I don't know if I'd go for the whole INTJ/INTJ pairing. I find most INTJs annoy me almost as much as extroverts (online, anyway), and the two times I've gone on a date with INTJs, I was either incredibly bored or just plain weirded out.

I tend to click more with NFs, but most F males I meet make me feel masculine...It'd have to be a fantastic relationship to get past that.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Hypothetical MBTI S.O. Preference Order For Me As An INTJ (subject to change as my moods and experience change):

1. ENFJ
    2. ENTJ
    3. INFP
    4. INFJ*
    5. ENFP
    6. INTJ
    7. ISTJ
    8. ESFP
    9. ESTJ
    10. ISTP*
    11. ESTP
    12. ISFP
    13. INTP
    14. ENTP
    15. ISFJ**
    16. ESFJ**

* = types I have little life experience with
    ** = types I have had extremely adverse life experience with, which strongly and irrationally biases my opinion

Generally, I like xxxJ to deal with in everyday life because it causes me the least stress; I like xNxJ in initimate relationships though have formed good things with xNFPs.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by squibbles View Post
    What about INTJ/INTJ?

Here
    is a thread on that subject.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Firelie View Post
    I don't know if I'd go for the whole INTJ/INTJ pairing. I find most INTJs annoy me almost as much as extroverts (online, anyway), and the two times I've gone on a date with INTJs, I was either incredibly bored or just plain weirded out.
    INTJs online annoy me if they try oh-so-desperately to be a cold and ruthless robot, simply because that's the extreme of the INTJ type description and they want to be hardcore. :steam:

With "my" INTJ, I've pretty much never felt bored; I usually come away from all out conversations with something interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post

Here
    is a thread on that subject.
    haha when I was doing my research to find out whether we'd be compatible (yes, I realize how stupid that is now) I read that thread several times, but thanks for the thought!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Firelie View Post
    I tend to click more with NFs, but most F males I meet make me feel masculine...It'd have to be a fantastic relationship to get past that.
    Don't take this wrong, but what would you see as fantastic? Also, what would make you feel more feminine?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I think the best matches for me would be ENFP & INFJ or possibly INTJ as already mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Hypothetical MBTI S.O. Preference Order For Me As An INTJ (subject to change as my moods and experience change):

10. ISTP*

* = types I have little life experience with
    I would be interested to know why you rate ISTP as 10/16 based on experience, I'm curious as I've been thinking this match might work for me.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Don't take this wrong, but what would you see as fantastic? Also, what would make you feel more feminine?
    Fantastic as in incredibly great...lol No, seriously though, when I say fantastic, I mean the sort of relationship where I feel some sort of emotional/mental intimacy that goes both ways (as opposed to the sort of relationship I've had in the past, where the guy leaned on me too hard for emotional support without bothering to see if I had needs as well). I think if I had a healthy sort of relationship, it'd be easier to accept a "feeling" man without needing to run screaming.

And I honestly don't know what would make me feel more feminine. The only thing that has worked at all so far is being around tall guys...not exactly sure how that works, but I'm man-sized as well as being an INTJ, so when I'm around taller guys...yeah, I dunno.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

So no one with any INTJ/INFP experience?
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein