User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: INTJ Matches?

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

All this talk about ENFPs, what about INFPs?

Personally I find that I want to kill most E's once I stay with them for too long.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post

Personally I find that I want to kill most E's once I stay with them for too long.
    How strong of an Introvert would you say you are? That might be a reason why. I bet a weak Introvert would work well with a very strong one, whereas perhaps either could find a very strong Extravert to be tiring.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."--George Carlin

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath Mania View Post
    How strong of an Introvert would you say you are? That might be a reason why. I bet a weak Introvert would work well with a very strong one, whereas perhaps either could find a very strong Extravert to be tiring.
    Well I took one test... and it said... 100% introverted
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

INFPs are quite attractive, actually. It's a shame that so many seem to have far more issues than other types (self-hate is really popular, for instance, and once they're in it, nothing you can say will get them to snap out of it, and they often do self-destructive things (if not immediately self-destructive, they get into bad relationships) because they see themselves poorly).

I just need to be around people that are sane and reasonable...
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    ENTP

Well I took one test... and it said... 100% introverted
    Well there you have it. Couldn't imagine a very strong I ever working with a strong E. Although a moderate or weak E would be a possibility.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."--George Carlin

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INFJ

I only know one INFP girl. She is married to an INTP. I've observed her interact with INTJs on a friendly basis. There seems to be mutual esteem and little personality clashing.

As far as a relationship goes, both parties having Fi might make communication a little difficult or boring at times? That's the only objection that springs to mind. But so much depends on other factors. I really do think type is negligible in comparison to a host of other considerations.
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    I only know one INFP girl. She is married to an INTP. I've observed her interact with INTJs on a friendly basis. There seems to be mutual esteem and little personality clashing.

As far as a relationship goes, both parties having Fi might make communication a little difficult or boring at times? That's the only objection that springs to mind. But so much depends on other factors. I really do think type is negligible in comparison to a host of other considerations.
    Personality clashing?
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INTJ

All this talk just makes me want to make a law in which every person is required to wear their type on some sort of name tag. Or have it float above their head magically.
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INTJ

What about INTJ/INTJ?

I hear one extreme or the other: mental connection but NO passion whatsoever, OR an incredible sense of companionship if they are willing to challenge each other.

I'm currently seeing another INTJ. We're both pretty introverted, but I'm really trying to get better at this and I've done fairly well so far. My SFP are much more developed than his are. I feel like I'm more grounded whereas he is more theoretical, I'm more in touch with the emotions of others whereas he is strictly logical, and I'm more willing to go with the flow. I feel like all of these are learned things, it's not how I was naturally, but I'm really liking the changes I've seen so far.

If I hadn't developed these other aspects of myself, I think we'd be abysmal together. Two robots. But I think that we're strong where the other lacks because of how I've changed*, even if our natural tendencies are the same.

*over time and for myself, it's not like I was trying to change for him.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I've heard INTJ/INTJ works well, but it seems to have problems if the INTJs do not come from extremely similar backgrounds and/or have very similar mindsets.

Females are rare and they usually go for INTJ males, which may be an optimal pairing or could be due to a lack of options. Males can't do this because there are so few females of our type, therefore we are more likely to look outside our type. Introverted NTs are particularly-interesting to me, along with some NFs (both introverted and extroverted). We'll see how it works in actual implementation...
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.