User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: INTJ Matches?

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    Does it follow that they'd be less likely to find eachother? I've heard IN's in general are sorta rare, but I know several. I think they gravitate to similar activities and social groups.

Also, who's to say that statistic is accurate? *shrugs*
    Yeah that's true..
    Out of my circle of friends at school, four out of seven of us are INTs. Three of which are INTJ, one is INTP.

I know three INFJs in real life.
    My mom.
    My childhood friend.
    And the mother of my INFP friend. We are friends also though, me and her mother.
    But no INFJs in real life who are romantic interests.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Based on my experiences with INTJ girls.....I'd advised against the whole INFJ/INTJ pair. If it works, I guess things would be fine. If it doesn't(like it did with me), well.......let's just say you have one incredibly shitty mess to clean up.
    Could be the whole male/female aspect.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

Other NJs, in my opinion, so to have an understanding of Ni. Or maybe any other J.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    Could be the whole male/female aspect.
    Well INTJ men are absolutely out of the question for me.

MBTI
    ENTP

I've run into many INTJ/ENFP couples. While I think In general (depending on circumstances and intratype differences) any NF/NT combo can work fairly well, I think Keirsey was right by saying this is the most natural. The key is that both partners must be well-rounded and mature, otherwise you get into situations where the INTJ could unknowingly manipulate an ENFP with poor tertiary growth into just about anything.... but such risks are with any relationship, right?
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."--George Carlin

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Well INTJ men are absolutely out of the question for me.
    Heh,
    I meant,
    Maybe the INTJ male/INFJ female match up is more ideal.
    - Albert Einstein

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    Heh,
    I meant,
    Maybe the INTJ male/INFJ female match up is more ideal.
    I agree that'd be better.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath Mania View Post
    I've run into many INTJ/ENFP couples. While I think In general (depending on circumstances and intratype differences) any NF/NT combo can work fairly well, I think Keirsey was right by saying this is the most natural. The key is that both partners must be well-rounded and mature, otherwise you get into situations where the INTJ could unknowingly manipulate an ENFP with poor tertiary growth into just about anything.... but such risks are with any relationship, right?
    I am most attracted to ENFP women(ENTP isn't bad but I like a little bit more F), just because I feel a draw to them. It is very symbiotic in that both enhance each other beyond by being just individuals. INTJ's think they are perfect, but it just feels like you become even more around a good ENFP promoting you (by pulling you out of your shell, getting you comfortable enough to show any passion you keep on the inside, can make you smile easily). Heck, even saw a post once that said an INTJ husband and ENFP wife took an IQ test together, and scored a 180. May be exaggerated but still, it compounds the theory of becoming something more.

ENFP's of course get the advantage in having an INTJ partner of someone to help ground them from their highs, can help sort out their ideas and sometimes put more meaning (or action) into them, and a constant source of interesting yet exotic ideas that flow from the Ni.

I am sure there are more benefits to both. Also the Ni+Ne effect when intimate can be interesting.

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    Really? Ne makes me nervous, not sure why, I guess it can seem so random and unpredictable. I'm more comforable with other J types.

Note that I'm talking about relationships. Ne is cute and totally acceptable in friends and acquaintances.
    Ne makes me nervous in all the good ways.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    I am most attracted to ENFP women(ENTP isn't bad but I like a little bit more F), just because I feel a draw to them. It is very symbiotic in that both enhance each other beyond by being just individuals. INTJ's think they are perfect, but it just feels like you become even more around a good ENFP promoting you (by pulling you out of your shell, getting you comfortable enough to show any passion you keep on the inside, can make you smile easily). Heck, even saw a post once that said an INTJ husband and ENFP wife took an IQ test together, and scored a 180. May be exaggerated but still, it compounds the theory of becoming something more.

ENFP's of course get the advantage in having an INTJ partner of someone to help ground them from their highs, can help sort out their ideas and sometimes put more meaning (or action) into them, and a constant source of interesting yet exotic ideas that flow from the Ni.

I am sure there are more benefits to both. Also the Ni+Ne effect when intimate can be interesting.
    I'm sure the vaguest interpretation of the advantages an INTJ gets is that an ENFP gets them a window to the outside world (once that isn't as suspicious as it can be, I think, for some INTJs) as well as a source for growing their emotional side (or their Introverted Feeling).

The Ne-Ni combo is definetly an attraction. INFJs tend to be the biggest draw for me.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."--George Carlin

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --Albert Einstein