• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Is he going to ignore me?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Thank you! Your posts have really helped me. But if someone doesn't feel safe to open up, in the meantime how does one learn to read and understand the other if they don't speak up?

Like how am I supposed to understand what I'm doing wrong or how to improve if it's not told to me?

You're welcome. :)

If you mean if you guys do get together, then oddly enough, I think you're lucky that you've gone through all of this hell.

Because when you do talk with him, then you now have this experience to refer to when you bring up how much communication and openness is necessary and important. The proof of what can happen when a couple isn't communicating is right there for him to see, and neither of you are apt to ever forget all of this. When he does inevitably go quiet, because these habits are hard to break (but they are breakable), then just refer to these days. Tell him the relationship is important and you don't want to repeat the same mistakes. If he's INTJ, he should relate to that well. They don't like repeating mistakes. (NTs just don't like that.)

We'd much rather learn from them.

And, if he doesn't choose to give it a go, then hey, you've got this experience to refer to in the future no matter who you choose to be with. You know how important communication is now, so you'll be much more aware of when it's needed no matter who you are with and that relationship will be much better for it.

As for learning to read them, that just takes experience with them. Making them feel safe when they do open up will help make sure that they will open up more easily in the future. Caring, just caring, enough to watch how they are under different circumstances is all it takes to learn when they're probably bothered.

rayna

MBTI Type
ENFP
Sorry, but all of this, especially the bolded, is reason for you to not only decide for yourself that you're better off, but RUN while doing it.

This was complete emotional manipulation at its worst AND treating you like a piece of shit. Not a person at all. There is no excusing this crap no matter what your problems were. He's not a communicator, he's an action taker (in addition to this incident, he stalked you in the beginning and he's punishing you now with active silence), and his actions are selfish because he is. Being with him would be this moment you described here over and over, but worse each time.

He's not answering you because he couldn't control you. If he does answer you, it's because he thinks you've 'learned your lesson.'

Chalk this up to experience, and run.

You're welcome. :)

If you mean if you guys do get together, then oddly enough, I think you're lucky that you've gone through all of this hell.

Because when you do talk with him, then you now have this experience to refer to when you bring up how much communication and openness is necessary and important. The proof of what can happen when a couple isn't communicating is right there for him to see, and neither of you are apt to ever forget all of this. When he does inevitably go quiet, because these habits are hard to break (but they are breakable), then just refer to these days. Tell him the relationship is important and you don't want to repeat the same mistakes. If he's INTJ, he should relate to that well. They don't like repeating mistakes. (NTs just don't like that.)

We'd much rather learn from them.

And, if he doesn't choose to give it a go, then hey, you've got this experience to refer to in the future no matter who you choose to be with. You know how important communication is now, so you'll be much more aware of when it's needed no matter who you are with and that relationship will be much better for it.

As for learning to read them, that just takes experience with them. Making them feel safe when they do open up will help make sure that they will open up more easily in the future. Caring, just caring, enough to watch how they are under different circumstances is all it takes to learn when they're probably bothered.

Thanks so much for your input. I suppose it matters less now since that situation is said and done but at least now I know why he might have been upset with me. After getting to know him I do at least know that the silent treatment= I'm upset with something you did. Especially if he's silent over two consecutive days of me reaching out to him. The cycle usually goes, he ignores me or gives me the silent treatment until he is either ready to talk to me again or until I confront him asking for an explanation, or if I understand what I did wrong before he comes to talk to me, I will reach out and apologize and all well. Ninety percent of the time though Ive had to confront him once he's did the silent treatment in order to figure out what was wrong. There were perhaps few occasions where he came back to me and explained right away what I did. And there were a couple of ocassions where I came to him before he had chance to explain and apologized for what I did, once I realized what it was I did.

Sadly beyond that cycle--which is IMO a bit unhealthy because I think the silent treatment is wrong to use on someone as a mechanism to punish them--I usually have no way of knowing when he is upset because he never verbalizes it. So just like in that situation I'm left trying to figure out what went wrong.

At this point I'm becoming more certain that his silence after getting the letter is deliberate. I think that he he going to intentionally withhold a response pass the 1 month mark, since I specifically asked him to not leave me hanging for a month. I thinks he's also testing me during this time frame to see what I do.., will I confront and demand answers like I normally would, will I send another letter, will I just leave him alone, etc. In other words I think it's a mixture of calling my bluff, asserting that he is nfg about my timeline and probably on some level is weighing whether or not he even wants that with me. Or at least this is what I believe based on what i know of him and how his mind works.

Time will tell I guess. But I will keep everyone updated.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gosh... It's painful for me to see how much you're trying.

rayna

MBTI Type
ENFP
How am I trying so hard? I sent him the letter. Since then I've done nothing. I could see if I was begging and pleading for him to take me back and bombarded him with calls and messages in the process but i haven't... I have a habit of analyzing and trying to understand situations that don't make sense(which is what I'm doing in regards to the intj). So that's the gist of this thread at this point.

Why is it painful for you to see a stranger try to make sense of something that meant a lot to her? Perhaps objectively you see this as something that is futile-you don't believe he wants me and you don't believe I care about him the way I do. You think I could potentially meet someone much better, have a clean slate and be with someone who has the decency to respond with urgency at the prospect of being exclusive with me.

Honestly I feel this way as well. I KNOW that there are other guys and that regardless of what happens there will be another guy that might create the same feelings i have for the intj. I myself feel as though its perhaps futile to "wait". But on the other hand I know him. And far more than you do. And i know the interactions and the relationship we shared (which I did not speak about the many positive situations between us and the entire picture, in much detail on here) and thus at the very least i consider myself a bit more knowledgeable about him and me, and whatever could be or could not, than you.

I do an internal deadline and I'm going to stick to that even if it means that I walk away without closure. I tend to have a difficult time leaving relationships or men that I develop deep feelings for but once I make the final decision to close my heart, it's done. And I walk away for good. Usually months down the road the guy always comes back. But I'm done. When I'm done, I'm done.

Knowing that about myself and knowing him, I haven't made the decision to leave yet because deep down my instincts are telling me that he isn't done. I want to give him a chance...

On the other hand, no I have no intention on obsessing about him still, once i hit my internal deadline and no progress or closure has been made.

If I didn't care as much as I did and if I didn't hurt him as much as I did, then I would have walked away awhile ago.

Edit: this thread hands down describes why its so difficult for me as an ENFP to let go: [ENFP] ENFPs and Emotional Hang-ups

Really narrowed down to a tea EXACTLY what I'm going through.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, so all of your assessments are correct... But the reason I acted like that is because after we hooked up for the first time, I had tried to keep things true to our fwb, and make it about being friends that have sex. I won't get into specifics but I did things to indicate that position and when I did he went off on me and got very angry and told me not to come at him again asking to meet up to have sex. He was so angry with me and I was confused because I thought we were fwbs.

After a week of not talking, I told him that I was sorry and that my feelings were deeper than that when it came to him and he asked me on a date but I flaked at the last minute because a lot of things happened that day I no longer could go. After that, he was very distant and nontalkative. I assumed he wanted me to finally leave him alone. So that is when I asked him if he wanted me to stop contacting him, and he responded with "no I don't want you to leave me alone".,. I also made the mistake of indicating my disappointment with him(as I saw it) cutting off the fwb. He didn't respond but a few days later he invited me over.

He is not communicating effectively in any of the above.

I did not know how to act because I assumed we were not fwbs anymore because of how angry he was when I had tried to make it about sex. So I played it cool. I felt awkward when he was cuddling with me because I didn't understand what was going on between us. I guess he might have gotten aroused because after that he kept rubbing my thighs and trying to pull me close but my thighs are a point of insecurity so I pushed him away. It never dawned on me that be was rubbing them because he wanted sexy time. After that, he moved away from me but kept sighing and he seemed irritable. I didn't get it, I thought he was mad at me but didn't know why, after the movie was over I asked him to sit back next to me, and he was like "I was sitting next to you, you didn't want me to" and I said "fine... But I did" and so I assumed that was why he was mad, so when he came back over and sat next to me, I gave him a kiss on the forehead to show my affection and he grabbed my hand and put it inside of his pants.

Here neither of you communicated. No wonder it was so weird and push/pull, you were both totally unsure! Why not just come into the situation with, "so, where do we stand now?"-- really, you could have said that at any point in this scenario.

I did stuff with him anyway but when I left I was fuming because I felt semi-used, and I was confused... Like one minute he gets angry when I make things about sex, on the other hand I felt like he had used me that night. He had told me to call him the following day but because I was upset I did not call him for a couple of days. But when I did and we spoke things seemed fine. Same with the second time when we spoke. That is why I was surprised when a few days later I reached out to him and he ignored me.

So that's when you call/text him and say, "this is what happened and how I feel. What's going on?" That was no small matter at all, swallowing it is disrespectful to both of you. :( Communication is vital, even if all you are saying is that you have no idea what's going on. Especially that!

I understood after that night that either he was upset because I pushed him away when he wanted sexy time(but I did do stuff with him at the end of the night) and he was sick of feeling misunderstood. On the other hand because I felt used, by how aggressive he was sexually, I assumed he was giving me a peice of my own medicine. But because we spoke after that incident, it's too difficult to say whether or not he was truly upset with me about that or not. However I do believe we both are tired of the inconsitency. So I understand that this might be why he started ignoring me, and probably why he is hesitant to respond.

So many assumptions and mights! I know that kind of mentality is rampant in our culture, but it is not healthy and you do not need to buy into that kind of passive, indirect crap.

Like I said I would be completely understand if he said no with all this in mind. There were many misunderstandings happening. I suppose that since I've taken myself out of the situation, I've been able to look at things objectively and see where things went wrong... And so I understand more and more why he would not want a relationship, I just want him to say "no".

Or at least speak up and verbalize when he is upset with me instead of being passive aggressive.

Woah. Reading things like this whole post kills me, you were both completely not communicating. At all. :shock: Misunderstandings are entirely preventable, and solvable even after they've happened, if you nip them in the bud.

I still hope this works out for you, but can see why it's gone up in flames a bit.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Edit: this thread hands down describes why its so difficult for me as an ENFP to let go: [ENFP] ENFPs and Emotional Hang-ups

I have found beautiful and nourishing love elsewhere, and have been happily married for nearly a decade, a few kids, and my husband is--hands down--the Greatest Thing that has Ever Happened to me. He just doesn't replace the other one.

I don't even have words.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
After that, he moved away from me but kept sighing and he seemed irritable. I didn't get it, I thought he was mad at me but didn't know why, after the movie was over I asked him to sit back next to me, and he was like "I was sitting next to you, you didn't want me to" and I said "fine... But I did" and so I assumed that was why he was mad, so when he came back over and sat next to me, I gave him a kiss on the forehead to show my affection and he grabbed my hand and put it inside of his pants.

For the record. That is NOT cool. Ever ever ever. So so sorry this happened girl.

rayna

MBTI Type
ENFP
He is not communicating effectively in any of the above.

Here neither of you communicated. No wonder it was so weird and push/pull, you were both totally unsure! Why not just come into the situation with, "so, where do we stand now?"-- really, you could have said that at any point in this scenario.

So that's when you call/text him and say, "this is what happened and how I feel. What's going on?" That was no small matter at all, swallowing it is disrespectful to both of you. :( Communication is vital, even if all you are saying is that you have no idea what's going on. Especially that!

So many assumptions and mights! I know that kind of mentality is rampant in our culture, but it is not healthy and you do not need to buy into that kind of passive, indirect crap.

Woah. Reading things like this whole post kills me, you were both completely not communicating. At all. :shock: Misunderstandings are entirely preventable, and solvable even after they've happened, if you nip them in the bud.

I still hope this works out for you, but can see why it's gone up in flames a bit.

Heh, I know... He didn't communicate effectively at all, in the FWB situation. The kicker, is that I had sensed hesistency in the first place, for instance after he said that he did want me to be my fwb(after I asked him) it took him a month before it actually happened between us, he kept avoiding it, or acting scary about it. Finally right before it happened, he started to talk to me about his feelings, and he kept wanting validation about how I felt(but he didn't come out directly and say it but kept asking questions where I was almost forced to reveal my feelings--but I chose to brush around and downplay it because the way he was going about it was very awkward). Then I don't want to get into the intimacy details, but it was a bit uncomfortable, because he was watching my every move, and made a weird comment in the beginning. In any case, afterwards I honestly wanted to peel off and leave. But just to make sure things were still good, I asked him if we still were going to proceed with the FWB.

That is when he threw me through a loop. He said "well FWBS don't ever end well." And I said, "ok, like what the girl getting hurt" and he said, "yes that, but I'll put it this way, I don't date girls I have FWBS with" and then we got into a discussion about the one girl he did date that was an FWB, and then it led back to the, "well do you want to continue it anyway" and he responded with, "well that's up to you, you control the status of things, your the woman, so your the gatekeeper" when I asked him to elaborate, he said that "at any point I could always tell him no I won't have sex with you unless you do XYZ, or be my boyfriend, or something like that". And I was just like "ok..." By that point, I was starting to feel more and more like I got played. And then he finished with, "I mean no matter what, me and you are still going to see each other. and hang out" and I was like "ok..." and I didn't say anything, so then he said "I mean we don't even have to have a title, not everything has to have a title, let's just keep seeing each other and see where it goes."

And at that point, I started to feel like he was going in circles, like he was perhaps trying to say something, and was sending cues in my direction, but I didn't really know how to respond because I felt more and more confused about why he agreed to it in the first place if he had all these things in his head... I left at that point. But when I had asked if we could hook up again, and asked another question (that was a bit awkward) and related to the sexual encounter we had he exploded on me and sent me really mean angry texts and by the end of the conversation, he basically let me know that I can not talk to him about sex, or arrange a meet up about it again. If I want to hang out, fine, but don't bring up sex.

So I didn't.. And I apologized like I said. And everything happened after that(the flaking out on the date, him becoming distant, but not revealing why, telling me he does not want me to leave him alone, but not telling me what that means), so by the time I had seen him again, and could have possibly brought it u I felt so confused and awkward(and again didn't want to bring up sex again since it made him so angry) so I just didn't. I wanted him to. When he didn't, I just let it go.

But yeah, that is the main issue with our relationship(if you want to call it that) there are some clear communication issues. Even when I try to be direct I don't get directness back. As you can see above.

He can be direct about so many things, which is why it's so weird that he has not been as direct with me about what he wants.

rayna

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't even have words.

Well I agreed with her first post... The last one, however, I can't really respond. I have never been in her situation, so I'll leave it at that. But her description of the ENFP hangup issue, describes me exactly.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How am I trying so hard? I sent him the letter. Since then I've done nothing.
You have been beating yourself up in this thread ever since, second-guessing everything you said and did in this relationship, bending over backwards to try to understand everything HE said and did. it is fine - often necessary - to conduct a thorough analysis in support of a significant decision, or to learn from one's mistakes, but spinning one's wheels in endless recriminations is not productive.

Find something else to take your mind off all this until the end of the month, then move on with this, one way or another.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I know.

It's not cool, but don't make a trip to the psychiatrist for PTSD.

Boys will do this, mature men will not. And that's not even true, just get one drunk. However, even in my drunkest moments with a girl, I can tell if she's not down. Or even sober. I'm not going to ram her hand (or head, for that matter) on mr. winky, but I might gently guide it there if there's no resistance. Kind of a fine line, and your INTJ crossed it, but don't buy a rape horn yet.

But yes, pretty much everything said so far I agree with (I can't believe I'm still following this thread, but it's pretty intriguing).

You and this guy SUCK at communicating.

If a friend that I've been sleeping with is over and in my bed, fucking shit, I'm going to expect some booty. But I'm not going to force it. So if I say "I wanna fuck" well that's some pretty good communication and often leads to fucking.

If it doesn't, or I get a "I just can't anymore, I just wanna lay here with you" (even though you text me sexually loaded shit, kiss me on the lips as soon as you walk in my door) then my ass can take a hint, and I'll go sleep on the sofa, and kick her out the next day, and if it's sex I want and have communicated, then she'll stay kicked out. And ignored.

I'm not saying you were a that night between you two, but in the above situation, that's what's called a Cocktease. And it's goddamn infuriating.

Guys will throw that word around, but sometimes it's true. And a lot of the times, the girl doesn't know she's doing it, or more accurately, she has mixed feelings. She sexts when she's drunk and kisses you, but when it's go time, she changes her mind. THAT'S not cool either. Me no likey blue balls.

In fact, me no likey blue balls so much that it will give me more than enough frustration to totally end what was once a sexual relationship. "But I just wanna be friends and cuddle!!" Ok, good to know, but I'm horny, now gtfo.

In your situation, he didn't take the hint (you probably should have verbally told him) and did emotionally manipulate you. That's a weak ass punk move. But I do understand the sexual frustration.

edit: and yes, men can be vaginateases too.

rayna

MBTI Type
ENFP
It's not cool, but don't make a trip to the psychiatrist for PTSD.

Boys will do this, mature men will not. And that's not even true, just get one drunk. However, even in my drunkest moments with a girl, I can tell if she's not down. Or even sober. I'm not going to ram her hand (or head, for that matter) on mr. winky, but I might gently guide it there if there's no resistance. Kind of a fine line, and your INTJ crossed it, but don't buy a rape horn yet.

But yes, pretty much everything said so far I agree with (I can't believe I'm still following this thread, but it's pretty intriguing).

You and this guy SUCK at communicating.

If a friend that I've been sleeping with is over and in my bed, fucking shit, I'm going to expect some booty. But I'm not going to force it. So if I say "I wanna fuck" well that's some pretty good communication and often leads to fucking.

If it doesn't, or I get a "I just can't anymore, I just wanna lay here with you" (even though you text me sexually loaded shit, kiss me on the lips as soon as you walk in my door) then my ass can take a hint, and I'll go sleep on the sofa, and kick her out the next day, and if it's sex I want and have communicated, then she'll stay kicked out. And ignored.

I'm not saying you were a that night between you two, but in the above situation, that's what's called a Cocktease. And it's goddamn infuriating.

Guys will throw that word around, but sometimes it's true. And a lot of the times, the girl doesn't know she's doing it, or more accurately, she has mixed feelings. She sexts when she's drunk and kisses you, but when it's go time, she changes her mind. THAT'S not cool either. Me no likey blue balls.

In fact, me no likey blue balls so much that it will give me more than enough frustration to totally end what was once a sexual relationship. "But I just wanna be friends and cuddle!!" Ok, good to know, but I'm horny, now gtfo.

In your situation, he didn't take the hint (you probably should have verbally told him) and did emotionally manipulate you. That's a weak ass punk move. But I do understand the sexual frustration.

edit: and yes, men can be vaginateases too.

Well, in my defense, it wasn't as you described at all. Prior that incident, I had not sent him any sexual text messages, or any indications that I wanted to have sex with him. I did send him a text when I confronted him about his distance, saying that "although I was disappointed that he had ended the FWB before it even began, that I respect his wishes and have no problem with it, because I respect boundaries as long as they are clearly defined". And then I went off on him, for being so vague, and asked him if he wanted me to stop contacting him. And that was what led him to say that he didn't want me to leave him alone. Which didn't even address the question--telling me "no I don't want you to leave me alone", does not answer the question about his distance and about whether he would like me to stop texting him.

But because he had lashed out on me, when I had tried to ask if we could meet up and have sex again(amongst other things), I respected his wishes and I did NOT bring it up again. So on the night that I saw him, last, there was no teasing. When I came over, I had assumed it was just us hanging out. When he laid on me, I was shocked because I didn't understand why he was laying on me, especially since just the week before he had been very distant, and non-responsive to texts. So I just kind of sat there frozen and he told me I wasn't being comfortable with him. And then he reclined my chair back next to him, so that I was laying against him, and that is when he started rubbing on my thighs. And I pushed him away because it didn't even dawn on me, that he was rubbing them because he was turned on. I wasn't trying to tease at all.. I mean I know now that he was turned on, and that was why he was frustrated--for instance the pitch of his voice had changed, and he put his phone on his lap and moved away from me, he kept giving me frustrated looks, and everytime I shifted he would look over at me. He looked really uncomfortable the whole time. But in that moment where I had pushed him away, I didn't do it with the intent to be a tease or to be mean. He didn't speak up though.

He didn't ram my hands down, it was more of a glide, but it still felt like an awkward reaction to a kiss on the forehead--I mean who does that? And I went along with it, and did things with him anyway and he seemed better afterwards but I felt cheap. In any case, I didn't understand why he went off on me when I tried to keep things sexual between us--the weeks before--only to initiate sex when I came over and get frustrated when I didn't catch on. He was the one who told me not to bring up sex again, and all this other stuff. It was confusing. And perhaps I should have communicated that to him and expressed that his behavior didn't make sense to me. But by that point I was ready to leave.

Honestly, it's neither here or there though. Today was the first day, where the majority of the day I didn't even think about him, I was focused on other things. I met a few guys, when I was out(looking like what I felt was crap)--which might be a sign that perhaps I really should move on. I just don't think he's going to respond ever. And the communication between us is horrible, and neither one of us ever really speaks up--I do sometimes, but he just won't. No clue why. But I know deep down that he isn't going to respond by my timeline, lol. Oh well.

rayna

MBTI Type
ENFP
You have been beating yourself up in this thread ever since, second-guessing everything you said and did in this relationship, bending over backwards to try to understand everything HE said and did. it is fine - often necessary - to conduct a thorough analysis in support of a significant decision, or to learn from one's mistakes, but spinning one's wheels in endless recriminations is not productive.

Find something else to take your mind off all this until the end of the month, then move on with this, one way or another.

Your so right. I was thinking about that this morning, too, which is why I had tried to focus on other things. I'm going to keep myself distracted as best as I can(despite the hang up lol) and I've actually changed my mind-if no word by the end of the month, I think I'm just going to date someone else--rebounding is never good, but seems like the best option to keep myself from thinking too much about him. :shock:

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, in my defense

Weeelllll, to be more clear, that was a personal story that I probably should have told in the first tense, haha.

It was similar to his in a lot of ways.

That's great that you met some guys. Even if it doesn't go anywhere. Get out there, and don't sit at home obsessing.
aHGebuS.png

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When in love, or so called "love" craze, people tend to look at things through magnifying glass too often and not enough taking a step back to look at how all pieces make the big picture.

You cannot *give* anybody *time* to think. You are extending your own time to hang on to a hope, and hold somebody accountable for it. I completely sympathize because I've been there.
To be honest, making up one's mind about this kind of matter before the other one walks away is just like tossing the coin, the second the coin is about to drop, one will find oneself wanting for one particular side is up. Some people can defend, "oh relationships are not like coin tossing", but to be very honest and in attempt to simplify most bullsh, if one cannot make up their mind, they lean towards letting you go. Sadly and unfortunately, in that scenario, the one who is more infatuated and is being let go tends to hold on to the part that the other person is "not sure", "uncertain". Instead of focusing on the 55% I-cannot-do-this, these tormented folks build their lives around the 45% I-might-be-able-to-do-this, either of yourself or theirs.
The scale might change in your favor, but not by staring at it and being consumed by the whole thing.

When I said you tried so hard, I meant what's going on inside your head and heart, like Coriolis have explained.

Chthonic

You cannot *give* anybody *time* to think. You are extending your own time to hang on to a hope, and hold somebody accountable for it. I completely sympathize because I've been there.
Instead of focusing on the 55% I-cannot-do-this, these tormented folks build their lives around the 45% I-might-be-able-to-do-this.

This is awesome advice. Please take it.

rayna

MBTI Type
ENFP
When in love, or so called "love" craze, people tend to look at things through magnifying glass too often and not enough taking a step back to look at how all pieces make the big picture.

To be honest, making up one's mind about this kind of matter before the other one walks away is just like tossing the coin, the second the coin is about to drop, one will find oneself wanting for one particular side is up. Some people can defend, "oh relationships are not like coin tossing", but to be very honest and in attempt to simplify most bullsh, if one cannot make up their mind, they lean towards letting you go. Sadly and unfortunately, in that scenario, the one who is more infatuated and is being let go tends to hold on to the part that the other person is "not sure", "uncertain". Instead of focusing on the 55% I-cannot-do-this, these tormented folks build their lives around the 45% I-might-be-able-to-do-this, either of yourself or theirs.
The scale might change in your favor, but not by staring at it and being consumed by the whole thing.

When I said you tried so hard, I meant what's going on inside your head and heart, like Coriolis have explained.

I don't get your second paragraph. Or at least I do, but I think you misunderstand me. I'm not holding on to a hope that he is taking his time because he is uncertain or not sure. Like I said early on, I do believe that he knows exactly what it is he wants or doesn't want. Me and him have known each other for a year. I believe that he has known what he wants from me or with us by this point. So I'm not holding on to this notion that he is taking his time because he needs time to process. It was a few intjs on here that told me that, but overall knowing what I know about him, while it might be true that he needs some time to decide what he wants to do with the information I gave him, I don't believe that-that alone is why he is taking his time. I think it is deliberate. Again based on the knowledge I have on him. Why is he doing it, deliberately? I don't know. He might not want to hurt my feelings by telling me no, he might be calling my bluff, he might not give a fuck. I don't honestly know. I'm not holding on to hope though that his silence is due to indecision, because I know that he knows what he wants. I honestly expected him to say no right away once I sent him the letter. His non-response however does not cause me to think that he is leaning toward me, or that he is just undecided... I just want to clarify that. I realize that there is a chance he will say yes, a chance he will say no, and a chance he won't say anything at all.
I'm not infatuated with him, and again it's insulting to be told over and over again by *you* that you basically don't believe my feelings are real and that I'm in a love craze or infatuated with him. So stop. I know your trying to be helpful and I appreciate it but stop assuming that you know how I feel.
At this point I know this man better than you, so I know that there is a good chance that he will not respond(for many reasons, including him wanting to just let it go). I also know that there is a slimmer chance, based on my history with him, that he might respond but wait until much later before he does.

I have said all of this over and over again. I'm not holding to hope that he will profess his love for me and date me. I'm only giving him the chance to speak up and say his piece(whether it's yes or no) before I make the decision to move on entirely and close my heart to him.
It's as much about me getting closure as it is about me giving him the space to consider what I wrote in the letter and respond or not respond accordingly. That is why I said you misunderstand me. You assume that I'm infatuated, that I'm waiting for him based on some misguided hope that he will come back to me and be my boyfriend, or that I'm thinking that his silence means that he needs time. All of this is incorrect.
I do agree though that letting the situation consume me the way it is, is not healthy. I've already started not caring as much about the outcome. Realizing that there is a possibility that nothing will happen and feeling okay with it. In other words at this point I have no expectations lol.
In any case I appreciate your advice I know that your just trying to help-even when I've disagreed with you because I don't believe that you know what he is or is not thinking, etc--I do know that you genuinely just want to help.
Thanks!

rayna

MBTI Type
ENFP
Weeelllll, to be more clear, that was a personal story that I probably should have told in the first tense, haha.

It was similar to his in a lot of ways.

That's great that you met some guys. Even if it doesn't go anywhere. Get out there, and don't sit at home obsessing.
aHGebuS.png

Haha yeah you were pretty graphic, but I understood your story and I have been a cock tease with guys before. But in the case with the intj, while I might have appeared like a tease-his miscommunication to me about sex, and how he reacted weeks before about sex--muddled things. He can't on one hand tell me not to come at him talking about sex, or asking to meet up for sex, and tell me let's just hang out and chill. But on the other hand expect me to have sex with him when I see him, and think I'm a tease because I didn't catch on to his nonverbal horny clues lol. His actions didn't make sense.
Yours do--you have sex with a girl, you don't tell her not to bring up sex to you, and you verbalize what you want once you catch on that she might not get it. And then and only then do you get frustrated if she doesn't do it. That makes sense and I would be frustrated too.

And yeah I feel like rebounding is horrible as a concept but it's a good way to focus on all the possibilities that exist outside of the intj. I still care for him obviously but obsessing about it really has not helped me at all lol.

Thanks!

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He can't on one hand tell me not to come at him talking about sex, or asking to meet up for sex, and tell me let's just hang out and chill.

Thanks!

I mean, even if I have a girlfriend, I don't necessarily expect sex. Maybe she's not in the mood or something, or tired. I'd have to be some kind of royal asshole to expect it or demand it if that's the case. But I also know where we stand overall.

A cocktease incident is pretty isolated (though one can be an overall cocktease). Like kissing and heavy petting. haha, then just going cold. No beuno.

Again, poor communication, but you already know that by now.

And for the record, "Let's just hang out and chill!" is usually "Let's just hang out and chill and bone!" especially if you've already been sleeping together.

If a girl or boy isn't down for sexy time, and the other is, it's easy to just get upset and not say anything, or hide it. But verbally communicating that takes a bit of maturity. And if it doesn't lead to gettin' it ohhnn, then it may lead to a needed conversation about what's going on.

I told a girl I had slept with, after making out for a while and it going no where, "What's the deal? I would like to have sexual intercourse" and she said "Well it's that time of the month" and it just so happened to be the "wouldn't you know it" worst timing and I was drunk and said something like "prove it." Wellllllll....that didn't go over well, and I had about 6 unwrapped tampons thrown at my face. It was pretty funny. But I believed her.