• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Is he going to ignore me?

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
It's too late... I already sent him the email last week. I'll post a snippet of what I've said:

"And I deeply care for you. I want you and I want to connect with you physically, emotionally, sexually, mentally. I accept you for who you are—your quirks and all--in fact I like them. I like that you’re comfortable with me. I want you to be. I want you to be happy. I like when you tell me about your plans, about your ambitions, and your dreams. I worry about you at times too… I secretly want to know the things you like, the things you dislike. So that I can learn more about your hobbies. I respect what you say, and respect your opinion. I want to get to know the important people in your life. I want to be there for you if you need me to be… I want to be in your life… I want to be with you. Basically I want you to be my boyfriend. That’s the truth."

"Because after getting to know you, I knew that you were what I wanted… Despite all the attempts I made to keep you at a distance, and to keep you thinking I didn’t like you--you still were there. Even when you grew distant with me, aloof, and all those times when I thought you didn’t like me, or felt that maybe I had finally succeeded in pushing you away and that you would never talk to me again. You would surprise me and do something to let me know that you still cared and even when I know that I might have hurt you, with all the pretending I did, and all the games I played--you still talked to me. That has always been special to me… The fact that as crazy as I’ve been, despite how emotional and how much of a liar you know I am, you still put up with me, and you still cared."

There is obviously more texts in the email I wrote, but those two paragraphs pretty are some of what I said to emphasize how I felt.

The truth is that, the only times I've ever revealed that I've liked him, have always been through texts. So he knows I know do. But he doesn't feel like I act like I do, when we're in person. He often will ask me questions in person to get a gauge on how I feel, and I always downplayed my feelings or would even do as much as tell him to date other girls. Obviously I was trying to push him away because I was scared, but he knows I like him. I don't think he knew how much.

In the letter I did not say the word "love" because I don't know if it's love, and I think it would scare him off. In any case I sent that email out to him last Sunday, and no response from him at all. Though I know he got it. I feel stupid. I know that on some hand, he may find that as heartfelt as it is, it isn't backed up by actions that I've made thus far, but I feel silly to continue to text him or ask him to hang out, if he'll ignore me, and only respond once I confront him, or ask him repeatedly. It seems like I have to almost beg him(by being overly persistant) before he'll respond and I find it a bit degrading, because I've never had to chase after a guy before.

You don't think the email is enough?

This is what I wrote at the end of the email(and why I feel quite bad that he hasn't responded yet):

"Now that you know how I actually feel and what I actually want from you, since I’ve been 100% honest with you about it all, I just would really appreciate it if your honest with me. I don’t want you to tell me what you think will hurt the least, or what you think I want to hear. I want you to tell me the truth. Either that: you’re open to dating me, or that you can’t date me. That way I can move on. You don’t have to respond right away. I know you have an interview coming up. I know that you’re busy with work. I know that you have other shit going on. I want you to get back to me only after you’ve thought about what I’ve said and had the time to think about it. I’ll give you your space and leave you be (if that’s what you need) so you can think about it… But if you still want to hang out, while your making your mind up, then I still would like to hang out as well. Since obviously I wouldn’t mind seeing you… I don’t want to rush you, or pressure you into anything though and that’s why I would prefer that you take your time, if you need it, before you answer me… Just don’t leave me hanging--don't let a month go by for instance without saying anything... I can wait a few weeks, but please get back to me..."

I know the reasons I want him as a boyfriend, and that I want to date him. I don't know how he feels about me though, his actions lately indicate that he's overly distant... I don't know if he still even cares. I'd like to follow the steps you've indicated, and think about what you said, but in the email, I let him know I was going to give him space to consider what I said, so it wouldn't make it insignificant if I contact him next week, wanting to meet up, etc. I just want to be honest this time and actually give him the space, but as I said in my first post, I don't know if he's taken it seriously or if he'll contact me with his answer. A part of me, thinks he may not. :-(

When I read that I thought it was his reply on an e-mail you sent, so I freaked out and remade my plans..
Until I realised it was your e-mail, sorry *puts on glasses*

Last edited:

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I also want to add, that I know I've messed up a lot with him--in addition to not ever wanting to spend weekends with him, or communicating him on weekends, pushing him to date or talk to other girls, rejecting or declining his many attempts to hang out and only hanging out when I want to, I've also been very private about my life. In the beginning I was not as private, but I know that the last 6 months I have not revealed much of what goes on beyond the basics(work, school, etc). I know that he often will tell me about the problems some of his friends are experiencing, or give them advice, or tell me what he's told them to do to fix their problems, but he doesn't often get to "fix" anything for me, since I don't give him much to fix. I realize now that this might be a problem too. Overall, there's just so much distance that I put between me and him, and I'm not sure if the door has been slammed completely or not.

As I said, I did try to confront him two weeks ago, and asked if he wants me to stop contacting him, and he responded with "no I don't want you to leave me alone" but then right after he said that, every text message I sent him, he did not respond to--though he did invite me over a few days later. It just seems like he is being less responsive than ever, the last month and half or so(since we've been intimate basically)...

It's part of the reason why sometimes I distance myself, or keep that distance between us. Whenever he seems cold, or lukewarm, I figure he's not interested so I back off. But it was only recently(right before the first time we had sex) where he revealed that the entire time that I "thought" he was cold and did not like me, that he had liked me that whole time. It was then that I realized that I had been reading him wrong, and that his aloofness or coldness or "distance" doesn't always mean he doesn't want me, and that he could still have feelings. But it still feels hurtful, when you text someone messages and they don't respond a lot, or when you feel like your bothering someone when you don't want to be.

I've never ever sent him an email before, or one that spoke as honestly as I did in the email he got last week, so I'm hoping that though it wasn't face to face, that he'll read it and at least get a glimpse into how I feel. I don't know what else to do. For instance, I could have texted him and asked if he wanted to meet up, but because he had been ignoring my messages, I wasn't sure he would have agreed. So I sent the email. It just feels like a catch twenty-two.

Sometimes I think about just ending things completely or moving on when he gets distant like this but then I remember, that there have been times where he was very distant and then I would find that he actually felt for me during those times, in fact once this summer, for a week or two he was overly distant, and then I went to visit him at his job, and when he saw me, he sort of waved, and he came right over and hugged me--he had never done that before and it felt a bit awkward, and even he seemed awkward once he realized that he hugged me and we were at work, but still it indicated that he had missed me. It's those moments--the ones where he is distant, but then I see him again, and he shows me how he feels, that is partly why despite how unresponsive he is, I don't give up. But I'm feeling quite degraded and want to understand why with time, he is becoming more and more distant with me and why he can't tell me why... And why when I tried to end things, two weeks ago, did he tell me not to leave him alone, only to go back to ignoring me. I just am at a loss…:cry:

Girl, you rushed.
I could tell how how to have him surrender at your feet if you listened to me.
Anyway, now that he knows -as he always did- But now that he knows that you let him know.
Meaning that you admitted him.
He might be thinking and making plans..
Get in his way, with the bitch face on.
INTJs live like they’re playing chess, ..
It looks like he’s using force, for the time being, get heavy.
Don’t allow him to move you, make him feel the force he uses by reversing it.

You need to get smart and focus.
His actions are the only things he shows, and you could see.
Again, I tell you, focus on what’s exactly happening right know.
Watch him, but make sure you have a lot of excuses.
Appear in front of him without looking at him.
Beat him so he can admire you.
I admired my crush after he won against me in a dominos match, lol.
Ignore him + smile at him = I love you but you can’t tell for sure.
This way he’d think about you more.
Never text him twice, if he didn’t answer, don’t.
This could hurt you but behold, he’s testing you.
Be the unexpected results.
Also show him his insecurities (in a soft way = don’t tell him, just show him).
-When he talks, no matter if you understand what he said, show as if you didn’t understand at first time.
-Try to act as if the things he does is not normal, you’re unfamiliar with.
-Always have that little smile, make it sarcastic when you look at him.
-Beat him in all the things he can’t do, mini talks, parties, ..etc.
As for his own feelings and how he thinks about you, don’t worry even him might not know yet.
He’s thinking about it, ruin it, empower yourself by being insolvable problem, so he get’s attracted.
Remember only use these tips for a short time until you hear more about him, this is too dangerous, take my warning.

More importantly, don’t be hot and cold, instead apply these steps one by one.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Any kind of relationship that requires heavy mind games to succeed is not going to work out, ever. It's sports, no longer matter of the hearts. It's exhausting.

I can see that you both played games, intentionally and unintentionally. You each came out sincere at one point or another, but you kept missing each other's rhythm. It has stopped. The film just simply slipped off the reel.

I'm sure you are not in highschool and you don't have time to waste. You have told him everything to be told and put yourself in a vulnerable position. That was all you really needed to do. Now you can wrap it all back up and move on. But be sincere and direct in your approach with anybody else this time, carefully but fearlessly, if I may leave a word of advice.
If he really does want to be with you, and this has been said a million times, he WILL let you know. You did.

Chthonic

I scanned the opening post and immediately decided I would have no interest whatsoever in such a person. It's plain he liked you in the beginning and expected you, not to play games, but instead to consistently work to have a relationship with him, by showing your ability to develop a bond, plan for a relationship and move towards it. Instead you blew hot and cold, toyed around with the idea of fucking him with no strings attached then when that didn't pan out professed undying love via....text. Who does that? :shock: Coquettish bullshit will not work with an INTJ who already has a modicum of disdain for social games.

My last partner displayed that kind of flakey shit behaviour just twice before I decided the relationship was over, called him up and said two words 'good bye' then deleted his phone number from my mobile phone. Hell I wanted to stick an ice pick into my own brain just reading the OP. Is he going to ignore you? If he is any kind of INTJ, yes he will.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I scanned the opening post and immediately decided I would have no interest whatsoever in such a person. It's plain he liked you in the beginning and expected you, not to play games, but instead to consistently work to have a relationship with him, by showing your ability to develop a bond, plan for a relationship and move towards it. Instead you blew hot and cold, toyed around with the idea of fucking him with no strings attached then when that didn't pan out professed undying love via....text. Who does that? :shock: Coquettish bullshit will not work with an INTJ who already has a modicum of disdain for social games.

My last partner displayed that kind of flakey shit behaviour just twice before I decided the relationship was over, called him up and said two words 'good bye' then deleted his phone number from my mobile phone. Hell I wanted to stick an ice pick into my own brain just reading the OP. Is he going to ignore you? If he is any kind of INTJ, yes he will.

Agree. I actually kind of wanted to say this.

I don't know if it's INFP thing or not but I loathe mind games. I've seen people of all types who would react the same. Anybody who is sincere would.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
True, it’s gonna be tough.
But what’d ya say? Love is blind.
If she really needs it, this is a way heading into it.
But of course it’s up to her.
I don’t dare to affect her own feelings.
It’s up to her.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Let's face it, people. She dumped us. Let's just move on and ignore her if she texts us again.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Let's face it, people. She dumped us. Let's just move on and ignore her if she texts us again.

Correction:
She uses us.
Meaning:
She asks our opinions but doesn’t follow.

She got skills.
But makes bad decisions.

I personally respect* her opinions.
_______
*Respect, here, doesn’t mean admiration, it describes my direction here.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Correction:
She uses us.
Meaning:
She asks our opinions but doesn’t follow.

She got skills.
But makes bad decisions.

I personally respect* her opinions.
_______
*Respect, here, doesn’t mean admiration, it describes my direction here.

Basically, exactly what I meant. She left once she was done with us. I do wish people would give updates more when they do this. I need closure. ;)

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Basically, exactly what I meant. She left once she was done with us. I do wish people would give updates more when they do this. I need closure. ;)

Plus, being slow makes me forget the problem.

rayna

MBTI Type
ENFP
The general consensus was to leave it alone and that it was futile because he was done with me. And not that I necessarily listened to it, but I guess I started to think more about the situation a bit more clearly and realized that perhaps the best thing to do is just to give him space for a bit. When I saw him three weeks ago, he had mentioned that he hadn't been doing much lately--since May him and his closest friends have been drinking a ton, and hanging out a lot--to the point where about 90% of the time he was wasted. He said that he hadn't been going out lately, just working and keeping to himself. I suspect that he might be in a withdrawal or turn down phase(i.e. retreat) and trying to continue to make myself known to him, probably won't do much. Honestly, when we had spoke a few weeks ago(after I saw him last) he had seemed fine and we even talked twice after that. But then when I sent him a message a few days later, he did not respond, and when I sent him another message the next day he didn't respond. And that's when I gave up and sent the email. It was too difficult for me to tell if the distance is because he was through with me, or because he had been drained from how social he had been with partying for the last 3-4 months. In addition, this pattern isn't completely off with him. Last year I thought he disliked me, when he did the same thing(all the sudden seemed distant and cold), only to find out that he had liked me that entire time, and that he wanted me to *fight* for him, and when I hadn't, it was disappointing. Which was why I was going to try to fight...

Communication has always been sporadic with him. There's not a real way for me to know whether he's done or whether he's thinking, or if he even got the email. But at this point, I figure that I should at the least give him the month or so, I said I would, before attempting anything else(that is if I do decide to reach back out). originially I was going to ask him if we could meet face to face, so that I could talk with him(have a heart-to heart) and spill my heart out in person, but like I said, after I thought about it, I realized that perhaps I should at least wait to see what happens, over the next couple of weeks(if he gets back to me or not).

What I don't get, is even if he was completely done, why not just send me an email or text back saying "No I'm not interested" and then leave it alone. Why leave it up in the air?

OAN, last year when I had stopped talking to him for a couple of months, I had asked him to be my friend on linkein(sent him the request), he responded and roughly critisized my linkedin profile picture and did not accept the friend request(I figured it was because he didn't like the picture, was upset that I had cut him off, or forgot, etc). A month or so went by(no contact) and then all of the sudden he finally accepts the friend request(I got the email saying he did)--even though I know he was an active linkein user(after all the same day I sent him the request he responded making fun of the picture) and could have accepted him within the first few days I sent in. My point? That it's really difficult to assess that his nonresponse at this point means he completely ruled out the possibility of anything with me. He could be thinking it out, stressed, isolating himself, calling my bluff(I've done things similar to this before with him only to halfway through retract what I said, or do what I said I wouldn't and not give him the space, etc he might not believe the letter at this point) or uncertain. The last time(last year) when I listened to a forum board that gave me advice about him, I took it, and cut him off, only to find out that their assesment was not true. So while I'm obviously listening to what you guys have said(which is why I have not contacted him since the email and plan not to for the rest of the month) I don't know if the situation is as futile as some have said, or not. I also know that a few weeks ago when he was very distant and I asked him if he wanted us to stop communicating orand sent him several messages about it, he responded with "I'm at work... I'll get back to you", and the next day he told me "No, I don't want you to leave me alone" the phrase "I don't want you to leave me alone" indicated to me, at the very least, that as much as I might drive him crazy, play games, etc, that he still couldn't be done with me.

I also don't believe he would have been so weird the last time we saw each other, if he was already inching out--him being physically affectionate with me, when he's never been before, him letting me into his "space", him telling me that he didn't want me to leave that night even when he seemed to be falling asleep, heck even him telling me I could spend the night, to me indicates that there are feelings there... His friends even notice how he acts differently when I'm around(one of them hinted that I should go on a "date" with him to the city)-it was as if this friend was trying to encourage me to do it(as in they knew that he liked me).

So, I'm not ruling out completely, and still have hope, but I'm also not going to reach out or try anything at this point, and am just going to try to put it to the back of my mind. Perhaps I'm being stupid. And it is correct that I don't have time to waste, but at the same time, I do believe I love him, and because of that, I am willing to wait a bit longer to see what happens.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I can make you have him, have you even read what I said?
Anyway, your relation ship won’t last so long, every step is harder than the other, do you really think it worthies it?
He’s not the only guy on the planet as I said.
But again as I said, if you truly loved him,.. you can’t truly love again.

Up to your heart.

Want to keep it?

nita78

:(

There's really nothing I can do to fix this?

I'm an ENFP with an INTJ man.
If INTJ really wants you, he would make sure he can catch you and make you his.
However, understand how their thinking process, they would make sure they really really wanted you before decide to pursue you.

rayna

MBTI Type
ENFP
I agree that if a man really wants a woman he will pursue it. Especially being that I made myself vulnerable. However, unfortunately this is not the first time. Throughout our relationship at different points I've made myself vulnerable and revealed tidbits of feelings and he would typically respond back and reveal his vulnerability as well, but each time, I unintentionally hurt him. The most recent time, I was vulnerable, he responded back and I flaked. Ever since then he seems to be tight lipped about revealing anything to me at all. The only reason I had somewhat thought he might still like me, is that nonverbally he was still showing signs-but verbally he wont' do it anymore. I think I hurt him a lot the last time, because I flaked on him in front of his friends, after i knew he had been wanting to go on this date with me. In any case, that's the issue. Normally, when I reveal a vulnerability, he will too, or if he doesn't he'll at least respond with action(i.e. asking me on a date, coming around more often, inviting me over) but because of how I've been, lately he doesn't respond to it. He even said that I'm all talk, so I don't think he takes me seriously, he probably believes I say the things that I perhaps think he wants to hear, but that I'm not being genuine and what's worse is that he might feel that if he is vulnerable again with me, I'll just hurt him, like I did the last time. In that situation, what does one do? I realize that recently I've hurt him a lot, and that when I had the chance(when he did reach out to me), instead of embracing him, I rejected him.

I'm going to give him time, the full month, and then take it from there.

Madimoselle, I get what your saying. But I no longer work with him, and I do not see him anymore at all, the only way I see him, is if he personally invites me over to his place. There is no way to get in front of him--he lives 35 minutes away. There isn't a way to be indirectly beating him at anything. The only thing I can do, is do something differently that I've done in the past--which is stick to my word. I told him I would give him a month to think it over, and typically I used to say "ish" like that all the time, and then retract or demand answers right away, this time, I'm going to stick with it. It's his birthday in a week and a half, I won't even text him. I'm just backing away completely.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I forget [MENTION=22970]rayna[/MENTION], did you say in the email that if he doesn't respond, you'll assume he's done and move on?

And, what day is the last day of this month you've given him?

rayna

MBTI Type
ENFP
I didn't say I would move on if he didn't respond. I said to either tell me that he's open to dating me and being in a relationship, OR that he isn't open to dating me so that I can move on. But I didn't say that his lack of response would mean I would move on. I told him to please not leave me hanging though, that I would give him a month to think it over and to only respond once he's really had a chance to. But that's it. I sent him that email September 21st, so he technically has until October 21st to respond... But I really didn't think it would take him a month to process it. It was a 4 page letter, and I did let someone read it, and they said they thought it really cut through the butter, and would at the very least explain my actions, but I didn't think he would take this long to respond.

I do have a feeling he won't respond at all. Like I said this isn't the first time this happened, and usually I'll confront him, and sort of push him in the corner, like "Look dude, do you want me to stop contacting you, your ignoring me." and then I'll swamp him with angry texts and he'll respond right away. Never have I ever done something like this, where I actually gave him space. The reason I did it though, was because I didn't want it to be forced. His last gf forced him into a relationship, and it seems like he likes being forced into things(i.e. with the FWB, even after he agreed, it took weeks of me being persistant and continuing to express interest in it, before we actually slept together and made out--etc, before that time, when I had stopped talking to him for a while, I told him I wanted to be friends again, and it took weeks of me continuing to text him with no response, before he started to warm up). But I'm not going to force him here, so that is why I didn't try to make it an ultimatimum, but I thought out of respect that he'd at least not leave me hanging, and respond. I told him that it won't hurt me if he tells me no. I tell him this all the time, and he still won't completely open up to me. It's very frustrating, but I know that it's partly my fault, I don't think he trusts me with his heart and I don't blame him. I think he also thinks I might change my mind again--like how I went from "let's be friends", to "let's be fwbs" to now a month later, "let's be boyfriend and girlfriend", it's easy for that to lead to, "yeah let's break up." I get it, I do, and that's why I'm giving him space. I would honestly rather him tell me no, so I know there's no chance, then for him to ignore it. I didn't think he would honestly...

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I didn't say I would move on if he didn't respond. I said to either tell me that he's open to dating me and being in a relationship, OR that he isn't open to dating me so that I can move on. But I didn't say that his lack of response would mean I would move on. I told him to please not leave me hanging though, that I would give him a month to think it over and to only respond once he's really had a chance to. But that's it. I sent him that email September 21st, so he technically has until October 21st to respond... But I really didn't think it would take him a month to process it. It was a 4 page letter, and I did let someone read it, and they said they thought it really cut through the butter, and would at the very least explain my actions, but I didn't think he would take this long to respond.

Ahh. Thanks for the date. It's easier to put it in perspective with a date. Hmm. Wish you'd have added a, "if you don't respond, I'll take it as a 'move on' so you don't have to talk to me in order for me to get the message." That way, you'd have a definite answer even without an answer, and it isn't pushy or anything, but too late for that now. Now, it's all in his court with an unfortunate Damocles Sword hanging over you. A very possible lack of response at all. Maybe, mentally prepare yourself for that to happen so you'll have closure? Meaning, tell yourself that if he doesn't answer in that time frame, you'll take it as a 'no' because if the answer was yes, he'd have 'fought for you' (as he once said about you). I agree about waiting for the entire month. Frankly, you're in love, and doing anything less would make it too hard to move on if you have to do it.

Hopefully, he'll respond. It looks like you both have had feelings strong enough to give one another the benefit of the doubt at points. When we're first falling for someone and we ignore their faults a lot and make excuses for them. He did it with you at points and now, you're doing it with him. If he still has feelings for you, I hope you both have a good long sit-down and do all you can to avoid future push-pull's that hurt so much and cause so much confusion.

rayna

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ahh. Thanks for the date. It's easier to put it in perspective with a date. Hmm. Wish you'd have added a, "if you don't respond, I'll take it as a 'move on' so you don't have to talk to me in order for me to get the message." That way, you'd have a definite answer even without an answer, and it isn't pushy or anything, but too late for that now. Now, it's all in his court with an unfortunate Damocles Sword hanging over you. A very possible lack of response at all. Maybe, mentally prepare yourself for that to happen so you'll have closure? Meaning, tell yourself that if he doesn't answer in that time frame, you'll take it as a 'no' because if the answer was yes, he'd have 'fought for you' (as he once said about you). I agree about waiting for the entire month. Frankly, you're in love, and doing anything less would make it too hard to move on if you have to do it.

Hopefully, he'll respond. It looks like you both have had feelings strong enough to give one another the benefit of the doubt at points. When we're first falling for someone and we ignore their faults a lot and make excuses for them. He did it with you at points and now, you're doing it with him. If he still has feelings for you, I hope you both have a good long sit-down and do all you can to avoid future push-pull's that hurt so much and cause so much confusion.

I wish, I would have too. I also wish I would have tracked the email, to make sure it was read, and that he got it(since I sent it to the email off his linked in)I noticed that he comments on peoples facebook profiles,(for instance he did 12 hours ago), and it's irritating that he seems to be so responsive to everyone else but me(he doesn't know I'm on facebook since I have a false profile lol) anyway I'm starting to accept the fact that perhaps I am delusional and he might not have ever felt very much for me. He might have just wanted sex, and since he got that, he might be done with it, or over it. What I don't get, is why he isn't able to be direct(as an INTJ), like even if he doesn't want a relationship, how difficult is it to just say "no." and be done with it. And just seems silly to leave up in the air and ignore it. Funny thing is, this is just like him. If I don't respond to him right away he'll call me on it, immediately, but when he takes his time, or ignores me, I don't even say much at first. I don't think he really cares, and seeing his facebook activity confirms that. Oh well, I guess. :mad:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do have a feeling he won't respond at all. Like I said this isn't the first time this happened, and usually I'll confront him, and sort of push him in the corner, like "Look dude, do you want me to stop contacting you, your ignoring me." and then I'll swamp him with angry texts and he'll respond right away. Never have I ever done something like this, where I actually gave him space.
If he really is INTJ (how sure are you of this?), don't be surprised if he takes most of the month you have given him to reply. Were I to receive this kind of message from someone with whom I had had any kind of relationship, or desire for one, I would be second-guessing myself every which way. Can she be believed? Does this explanation account for everything that has passed between us? Can I trust her in future? Can I trust my own judgment here? How should I respond? Should I respond? How do I even really feel about everything? What kind of commitment or involvement am I ready to make? Is this more bother than it's worth? Would I regret breaking it off for good. Etc.

If given a month, I would spend at least half of it mulling over these questions and framing a reply, then most of the remaining two weeks reading it over and rewriting, so it says exactly what I want. Unless, of course, I had absolutely no interest. Then I would reply immediately to say so.

Bottom line: no news may be good news, but prepare for the worst as others have said.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I wish, I would have too. I also wish I would have tracked the email, to make sure it was read, and that he got it(since I sent it to the email off his linked in)I noticed that he comments on peoples facebook profiles,(for instance he did 12 hours ago), and it's irritating that he seems to be so responsive to everyone else but me(he doesn't know I'm on facebook since I have a false profile lol) anyway I'm starting to accept the fact that perhaps I am delusional and he might not have ever felt very much for me. He might have just wanted sex, and since he got that, he might be done with it, or over it. What I don't get, is why he isn't able to be direct(as an INTJ), like even if he doesn't want a relationship, how difficult is it to just say "no." and be done with it. And just seems silly to leave up in the air and ignore it. Funny thing is, this is just like him. If I don't respond to him right away he'll call me on it, immediately, but when he takes his time, or ignores me, I don't even say much at first. I don't think he really cares, and seeing his facebook activity confirms that. Oh well, I guess. :mad:

Hmmm. Well, [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] (the post above this one) had good advice. And, if you're worried about the email not reaching him, you could always friend him on facebook under a profile you're okay using. Let him know it's you and friend him. Then, if he accepts your friend request, wait a couple days and then tell him you'd like to know if he got it because it's important. It's honest. Then if he says he did, you know, and can simply begin again with the waiting.