User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 39

  1. #1
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,680

    Default Why INTJ women are the way they are?

    Many people say that in INTJ type there is a huge difference between genders.

    I know that genders have different brains.

    But!

    Can it be that this is because women never had a opportunity to develope their INTJness fully because of social pressure ?

    Just a thought.

  2. #2
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    And what is the pinnacle of INTJness?

    You?

    I don't think so.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  3. #3
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    And what is the pinnacle of INTJness?

    You?

    I don't think so.

    Why are you are taking this so personal?


    And yes INTJ is very wide category.

  4. #4
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Why are you are taking this so personal?


    And yes INTJ is very wide category.
    INTJ is quite a wide category. I don't see the point of this thread.

    INTJs in general do not respond well to social pressure. You're not specific. What is this 'huge difference'? I notice that there's quite a wide variety of 'INTJs' here of both genders with a large overlap.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  5. #5
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    I think that if a male and female are the same type, with very similar cognitive process percentages, then the difference comes down to nurture. In other words, if the before mentioned people were raised within the same family environment, and within a culture that values and raises males and females equally. . . then you'd have a male and female INTJ that are as close to identical, personality wise, as possible.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  6. #6
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    I think that if a male and female are the same type, with very similar cognitive process percentages, then the difference comes down to nurture. In other words, if the before mentioned people were raised within the same family environment, and within a culture that values and raises males and females equally. . . then you'd have a male and female INTJ that are as close to identical, personality wise, as possible.
    This makes a bit more sense.

    However, from what I've seen, INTJ males and INTJ females are still very similar in their methods and thought processes, albeit they may use them to do very different things.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  7. #7
    Senior Member Uytuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    nnnn
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Many people say that in INTJ type there is a huge difference between genders.

    I know that genders have different brains.

    But!

    Can it be that this is because women never had a opportunity to develope their INTJness fully because of social pressure ?

    Just a thought.
    Please teach the lacking INTJness out of me.

    Exactly what way are we, though?

    For the rest, I agree with Haight and here's a snack for you: INTJ men vs. INTJ women - INTJ Forum.

  8. #8
    wholly charmed Spartacuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Many people say that in INTJ type there is a huge difference between genders.

    I know that genders have different brains.

    But!

    Can it be that this is because women never had a opportunity to develope their INTJness fully because of social pressure ?

    Just a thought.
    How are they? How would they have been different sans the social pressure? And how have the INTJ men in contrast managed to escape the influences of social pressure?
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

  9. #9
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    How are they? How would they have been different sans the social pressure? And how have the INTJ men in contrast managed to escape the influences of social pressure?
    I think what he means is that INTJ seems to be a more inherently 'masculine' type, at least according to society's preconceptions. Statistically, there are more male INTJs than female INTJs, though there aren't that many to begin with, which would probably make society hard on both genders.

    It seems to me that no matter how much society is beaten into an INTJ, they still keep the one thing that makes them an INTJ -- that strategy-towards-vision. The rest are trappings, not things that would make one 'more' or 'less' INTJ.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  10. #10
    Dhampyr Economica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    I think that if a male and female are the same type, with very similar cognitive process percentages, then the difference comes down to nurture. In other words, if the before mentioned people were raised within the same family environment, and within a culture that values and raises males and females equally. . . then you'd have a male and female INTJ that are as close to identical, personality wise, as possible.
    My brother, also an INTJ, and I constitute a prime example of that, actually. (Here's his intro thread.) Regarding nurture, my mother is an INTJ also (yes, that's three INTJs in a family of five ), and I'm sure that made a positive difference in terms of me feeling comfortable in my own skin despite whatever gender socialization I may have faced outside the home. (I don't really recall any. )

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Why INTJs are awesome
    By Elfboy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 09:11 PM
  2. Should we be grateful extroverts are on the way out?
    By Mole in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 11:02 PM
  3. Why do people do the things they do? #001?
    By Fluffywolf in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 10:37 PM
  4. Christopher Hitchens: Why women are still not funny
    By Sniffles in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 05:21 AM
  5. [NT] Why INTJs are Boring and INTPs Interesting?
    By Uytuun in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 12-24-2008, 12:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO