User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 13

  1. #1
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,903

    Default Good INTJ Profile

    I really liked this INTJ Profile.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639
    Likes Mademoiselle liked this post

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    11

    Default

    My problems with it:

    "INTJs are analytical problem-solvers"
    INTJs aren't analytical (Ti). They are literally the exact opposite. INTJs reason synthetically (Ni).

    "Popular hobbies for the INTJ include... appreciating art"
    INTJs are not sensers, and thus typically struggle to understand why anyone is interested in art. They often see the majority of art as an inefficient (Te) waste of time.

    "On personality trait measures, score as... Self-Confident"
    INTJs are self-aware of their strengths and weaknesses (Ni), and they are negativists. As such, they're very rarely self-confident because they criticise themselves a lot. They also have weak Se, giving them a very gentle (albeit cold) presence as opposed to the commanding and alpha presence of an ESTP.

    "Personal values include Achievement"
    This is an enneagram type 3. It's completely irrelevant to MBTI.

    "They are curious about the world around them and often want to know the principle behind what they see."
    Logical principles are Ti.
    MBTI: INTJ
    Socionics: ILI-Ni
    Enneagram: 1w2, 5w6, 2w3 sx, sp, so

  3. #3
    failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    My personal Achilles heel.

    INTJs as Partners

    In relationships, the INTJ is loyal but independent. INTJs can be almost scientific in choosing a mate and make devoted partners once they have found a match that fits their rigorous list of requirements. They often have clear ideas about what makes for a solid relationship and are unwavering in their pursuit of this ideal.

    INTJs often have a passion for self-improvement and are encouraging of their partners' goals and intellectual pursuits. However, they do not usually see the need for frivolous affection or romance, feeling that their devotion should be evident. They are more focused on serving their partners with hard work and resourceful problem-solving than they are on showering them with attention.

    INTJs' partners often find them difficult to read, and indeed they do not show emotion easily; they find the process of discussing emotions much too messy and disorganized. They enjoy solving difficult problems, but are often out of their depth when it comes to illogical, unpredictable personal issues.

    INTJs value a partner that allows them the independence to achieve their goals, and one who appreciates their efficacy, insight, and ability to offer creative solutions to problems.



    Read more: Profile of the INTJ Personality Type | TypeFinder Profile of the INTJ Personality Type | TypeFinder
    Follow us: @truitylabs on Twitter
    Even members on here were baffled why I couldn't see it or "do the work". What does that even mean?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Ene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilation View Post
    My problems with it:

    "INTJs are analytical problem-solvers"
    INTJs aren't analytical (Ti). They are literally the exact opposite. INTJs reason synthetically (Ni).

    "Popular hobbies for the INTJ include... appreciating art"
    INTJs are not sensers, and thus typically struggle to understand why anyone is interested in art. They often see the majority of art as an inefficient (Te) waste of time.

    "On personality trait measures, score as... Self-Confident"
    INTJs are self-aware of their strengths and weaknesses (Ni), and they are negativists. As such, they're very rarely self-confident because they criticise themselves a lot. They also have weak Se, giving them a very gentle (albeit cold) presence as opposed to the commanding and alpha presence of an ESTP.

    "Personal values include Achievement"
    This is an enneagram type 3. It's completely irrelevant to MBTI.

    "They are curious about the world around them and often want to know the principle behind what they see."
    Logical principles are Ti.
    I'm curious. Are these, or oart of these, shared perception of other INTJs here?

    Also, @chubber regarding the bolder, that's why every INTJ needs a telepath or an empath on his or her starship
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

  5. #5
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I'm curious. Are these, or oart of these, shared perception of other INTJs here?
    See comments in bold in the quote block.

    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilation View Post
    My problems with it:

    "INTJs are analytical problem-solvers"
    INTJs aren't analytical (Ti). They are literally the exact opposite. INTJs reason synthetically (Ni).
    This is just MBTI theory, and strictly correct. We give others the impression of being analytical because the external expression of our solutions is strongly influenced by Te..

    "Popular hobbies for the INTJ include... appreciating art"
    INTJs are not sensers, and thus typically struggle to understand why anyone is interested in art. They often see the majority of art as an inefficient (Te) waste of time.
    Disagree. I suspect INTJs appreciate art as much as other types, though often different types of art, and in different ways. We are not dom/aux sensors, but do have inf Se which can run amok due to poor conscious use, or better, work with our tert Fi to fuel our aesthetic sense and provide much needed balance to Ni/Te.

    "On personality trait measures, score as... Self-Confident"
    INTJs are self-aware of their strengths and weaknesses (Ni), and they are negativists. As such, they're very rarely self-confident because they criticise themselves a lot. They also have weak Se, giving them a very gentle (albeit cold) presence as opposed to the commanding and alpha presence of an ESTP.
    Disagree. It has been said that our main criterion is "does it work". While it is true that we are as critical of ourself as of others (sometimes moreso), we get substantial positive feedback from our accomplishments, from the fact that our plans and devices usually do work, often spectacularly so. We will feel considerably less confidence in situations well outside our expertise, often social or romantic encounters, but even there can figure out how to approach the situations from our strengths, allowing us to remain confident.

    "Personal values include Achievement"
    This is an enneagram type 3. It's completely irrelevant to MBTI.
    The enneagram comment is valid. As with the art question, though, I would say many types value achievement, they just differ in what they want to achieve. All TJs seem to have a drive to get things done, so in that sense, we probably value achievement more than many of the types.

    "They are curious about the world around them and often want to know the principle behind what they see."
    Logical principles are Ti.
    I would say instead that we are curious about the world around us and want to understand how things work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Also, @chubber regarding the bolder, that's why every INTJ needs a telepath or an empath on his or her starship
    Some of us get by just fine without one.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  6. #6
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilation View Post
    My problems with it:

    "INTJs are analytical problem-solvers"
    INTJs aren't analytical (Ti). They are literally the exact opposite. INTJs reason synthetically (Ni).

    "Popular hobbies for the INTJ include... appreciating art"
    INTJs are not sensers, and thus typically struggle to understand why anyone is interested in art. They often see the majority of art as an inefficient (Te) waste of time.

    "On personality trait measures, score as... Self-Confident"
    INTJs are self-aware of their strengths and weaknesses (Ni), and they are negativists. As such, they're very rarely self-confident because they criticise themselves a lot. They also have weak Se, giving them a very gentle (albeit cold) presence as opposed to the commanding and alpha presence of an ESTP.

    "Personal values include Achievement"
    This is an enneagram type 3. It's completely irrelevant to MBTI.

    "They are curious about the world around them and often want to know the principle behind what they see."
    Logical principles are Ti.
    On analytical problem solving, I think yes you are right but you are also wrong. We are analytical. I certainly am. It's not in the way a Ti dom is but I am most certainly a person who analyzes things a lot.

    On art, I perhaps disagree. Different people like different things. Though I appreciate it now, I was never big into paintings or sculptures and stuff when I was younger. I have always deeply appreciated music though as well as great movies. This is art. Plays kind of bore me. Writing is art and I really appreciate well written books. I know an INTJ who has an extensive and expensive art collection - paintings and stuff.

    You are right about the self-criticizing part. However, when it comes down to things that we know and our realm of expertise or experience, we are quite confident in ourselves.

    With respect to Achievement, again, I disagree. Using myself as an example, I have always been highly driven to achieve with a focus on outcomes and results. It is probably one of my strongest attributes since the time I was a small child. I was driven in school to achieve. I was driven in my job to progress. I remember playing basketball until the tips of my fingers broke open and were bleeding because I so much wanted to get good at it (I didn't succeed in that one). I am not an enneagram 3. I am a 6. Outside of myself, I believe it is also demonstrated that INTJs do quite well in school. Many become scientists, executives, lawyers, etc. Some have become US presidents.

    With respect to being curious - I think we are. With respect to wanting to know the principle behind what they see, it may depend on how you define principle. You added the word "logical". Adding that word, I agree that sounds Ti-like. However, we do want to know what is behind things. The why. The core insights. Does that get to principles? If not, then what?

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  7. #7
    failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I'm curious. Are these, or oart of these, shared perception of other INTJs here?

    Also, @chubber regarding the bolder, that's why every INTJ needs a telepath or an empath on his or her starship
    The irony is, I need to hunt them. So if I am hiding somewhere then I won't get the opportunity to find them.

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    On analytical problem solving, I think yes you are right but you are also wrong. We are analytical. I certainly am. It's not in the way a Ti dom is but I am most certainly a person who analyzes things a lot.

    On art, I perhaps disagree. Different people like different things. Though I appreciate it now, I was never big into paintings or sculptures and stuff when I was younger. I have always deeply appreciated music though as well as great movies. This is art. Plays kind of bore me. Writing is art and I really appreciate well written books. I know an INTJ who has an extensive and expensive art collection - paintings and stuff.

    You are right about the self-criticizing part. However, when it comes down to things that we know and our realm of expertise or experience, we are quite confident in ourselves.

    With respect to Achievement, again, I disagree. Using myself as an example, I have always been highly driven to achieve with a focus on outcomes and results. It is probably one of my strongest attributes since the time I was a small child. I was driven in school to achieve. I was driven in my job to progress. I remember playing basketball until the tips of my fingers broke open and were bleeding because I so much wanted to get good at it (I didn't succeed in that one). I am not an enneagram 3. I am a 6. Outside of myself, I believe it is also demonstrated that INTJs do quite well in school. Many become scientists, executives, lawyers, etc. Some have become US presidents.

    With respect to being curious - I think we are. With respect to wanting to know the principle behind what they see, it may depend on how you define principle. You added the word "logical". Adding that word, I agree that sounds Ti-like. However, we do want to know what is behind things. The why. The core insights. Does that get to principles? If not, then what?
    I had ideas for art, but it never panned out.
    I learned to appreciate red wine. Although I always seem to end up picking the wrong type for myself.
    Always enjoyed different kinds of music compared to the norm.

    I am very analytical, dancing is a nightmare for me, because I "think too much". It's good when I have to analyse a problem, looking at the problem from the inside out. Where as I find others would generally look from the outside in. But then again, I always tell them a phrase a heard somewhere, that to dig a tunnel quicker, dig it from both sides.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Some of us get by just fine without one.
    Would you agree that female teenagers get more exposure compared to teenage boys left to their own devices to socialising? Mother hen seems to come to mind.

  8. #8
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Would you agree that female teenagers get more exposure compared to teenage boys left to their own devices to socialising? Mother hen seems to come to mind.
    I'm not sure what you mean, especially about the mother hen. Females who are ostracised or just don't fit in don't get many social opportunities. I would suspect males actually get more, if only through sports or clubs, etc. Cattiness and cliquishness seems to pervade (predominantly) female teams and clubs moreso than male, but then not growing up male, this is mostly speculation.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  9. #9
    failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean, especially about the mother hen. Females who are ostracised or just don't fit in don't get many social opportunities. I would suspect males actually get more, if only through sports or clubs, etc. Cattiness and cliquishness seems to pervade (predominantly) female teams and clubs moreso than male, but then not growing up male, this is mostly speculation.
    How was your life experience?

    What I have read was this:

    Girls definitely don’t have it easy, but we have one distinct advantage. The female gender role encourages nurturing behavior, and an emotional openness that is actively discouraged in little boys. A friendly girl may see a socially awkward lonely girl and go over and say hi. This mother hen will befriend the lonely girl who can’t take the active role, and even introduce her to others, eventually building relationships for the person who couldn’t have done it alone. It’s not that boys don’t want to do this, or are somehow less kind than girls, it’s that the way they are raised discourages this type of behavior, which is usually considered motherly. In girls, this is actively encouraged.
    So, I was wondering if what I have read, relates to why you say, that you don't need help and that it relates to your gender and the gender roles in society that helped you get that edge. Not implying that your life got it good and mine got it bad. Just wondering if there is a link.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Ene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post

    Some of us get by just fine without one.

    Well, all right. I'm sure you really are just fine.


    Thank you all for responding. I was curious, because the INTJ in my life really does appreciate art. He has commissioned several pieces. He doesn't paint but he values art.

    He knows what he's good at it and is confident in that. I thought much of the profile seemed to fit.

    Also, some of you may remember a few months ago when I told you that he had split with his wife after she had cheated on him and told him that he was emotionally not there for her. When I read the profile and at @chubber's reply, I thought how that, at least in part, it might be true.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Similar Threads

  1. INTJ Profile - Michael Pierce
    By highlander in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2015, 07:28 PM
  2. Help me figure out my type for good? INTJ or INFJ?
    By TheFool in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-19-2014, 04:07 PM
  3. [INTJ] Any INTJs match with the SLE profile?
    By 527468 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 03:41 AM
  4. [INTJ] Good qualities of INTJs
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 02:24 AM
  5. [INTJ] INTJ Profile Resources.
    By Feedback Loop in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 01:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO