• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] guys who are testing intellectually potential mates to get to know them

Jughead

MBTI Type
INTP
I totally intellectually test people ALL THE TIME!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm an NF and I do this, it helps with communication.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Intelligence, when I test for it, goes hand-in-hand with the other thing I look for: whether the person is interesting.

There are plenty of smart people that are as dull as fuck.

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
I totally intellectually test people ALL THE TIME!

BOMBDIGGITY-HOO!

I'm not into that "throw a bunch of opinion and intellect in somebody's face" method of intelligence testing. I don't like it when guys pull that crap on me. I'm not incredibly opinionated - at least, I prefer not to take a definite side in an issue I'm not familiar with - so I hate when I feel like I'm being goaded into taking a side/developing a thorough argument against my will....

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Hi, I am wondering what type is the most drawn to test intellectually potential mates. I met 2 guys (1 past date, 1 potential date) with who the first conversations where completly intellectual about sharing opinions with deep argumentation in long long long mails. They are drawn to complete, deep argumentations and admire people able to keep on agrumentating with them. I feel some NTJness.
They are more sensitive to the ideas than the way to express them.

Late to the party one this one. This is one of my favorite topics. I love to learn about and test people, especially potential mates. I am working with a fascinating group of people right now--an understatement. I'm not so sure what INTPs do is all about "intellectual" testing. More like our way of getting to know people. As an ENFP, you should be pretty good at that in your own way. Life is like a giant puzzle for INTPs.

What do you mean NTJness? I am an INTP with some J; I would say my temperament is icy cool, but definately not stone cold like INTJs. INTJs I have known are often very ridged and inflexible. INTJs are masters of order and like to be in control of everything. INTPs are masters of organization. We are very flexible and don't usually like to control people. I am usually better at expressing my ideas visually than with words.:D

Last edited: