MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    The Jeffster has a No pile?? Nuh uh!!
    Alright, so it's less of a pile and more of a chute. Where they drop into the alligator pit and have to earn their way back by surviving.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    Pffftt...SP's
    Maabus, most of the members here have had this response to me at least once. Welcome to the club!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Enneagram
    1w2

I was talking to my friends who just got her PhD in biomedical engineering (this is going somewhere, I swear) and she was talking about potential partners in that scene. She said she wouldn't want to be with anyone that she went to school with because when she tried to get more personal with them all they could do is talking about their work and projects and were resistant to talking about anything outside of that. It was a very interesting conversation. She's getting her post-doc now and she says it's the same problem, the people are completely obsessed with their work and while you they're are quite "intellectual" and "academic" it's not much more to them than that. Seems like a one trick pony to me. BTW, she's an eNTJ.

If you don't mind getting into those types of conversations then continue. I also tend to look at it the other way as well, people like that tend to also be pedantic and only accepting of their form of intelligence. It's great you can speak their language but can they speak yours?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I was talking to my friends who just got her PhD in biomedical engineering (this is going somewhere, I swear) and she was talking about potential partners in that scene. She said she wouldn't want to be with anyone that she went to school with because when she tried to get more personal with them all they could do is talking about their work and projects and were resistant to talking about anything outside of that. It was a very interesting conversation. She's getting her post-doc now and she says it's the same problem, the people are completely obsessed with their work and while you they're are quite "intellectual" and "academic" it's not much more to them than that. Seems like a one trick pony to me. BTW, she's an eNTJ.

If you don't mind getting into those types of conversations then continue. I also tend to look at it the other way as well, people like that tend to also be pedantic and only accepting of their form of intelligence. It's great you can speak their language but can they speak yours?
    Really, I don't think it's so much an obsession with their work as much as it is an intellectual's habit to be serious when they are in a work environment so they can focus on the tasks at hand. While others like to play at work, I like to remain focus because I really cant do as well without being focused, especially if its in an advanced field like biomedical engineering. Outside of work is a very dif story though, where I'm free to be much more relaxed. Though you might have to push a little for me to communicate with you differently than I usually would as a coworker, when outside of work. But believe me, there is more to every person than their "obsession" with their jobs/careers.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzes View Post
    I make all potential mates read Atlas Shrugged. If they can't trudge through it they obviously haven't got the commitment-potential to the life of misery I represent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Oh dear...if someone made me read that (even though I've read it once, so basically read it again) I think I'd end up on the evening news like that guy who chopped his wife up and dropped her pieces off at a local park. I guess you could say the relationship wouldn't really work out.
    Judging from what you're wanting and Orangey's reaction I'm not sure I'd want to be "commitment-potential"...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I dunno.. if Mozzes considers reading Atlas Shrugged to be misery, I think we might have a future.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Finnegan's Wake is much worse. We're all lucky James Joyce is dead and can no longer trouble us with his epic phonetical blasphemies.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Finnegan's Wake is much worse. We're all lucky James Joyce is dead and can no longer trouble us with his epic phonetical blasphemies.
    Great. I was just going to start on A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man!

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Great. I was just going to start on A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man!
    NEIN!! You will read "Anna Karenina" and weep like a little child!!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTJ

Long long mails as in they would send you their opinion already completed and then await your response?

I don't think I've ever done that, but I do open up with some heavy topics as early as possible to gauge their responses and capabilities.
    wails from the crypt.