12311 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Default How well did/do you do in school?

With all the talk on websites about how N's tend to do better in school than S's, I was just wondering how well fellow N's did in school.

Personally, I was an average to below average student in both high school and college. It's not that I wasn't interested in the concepts of things, but I either:
    1. Was interested in what was being taught, but wasn't motivated to do homework or write a paper.
    2. Got bored with the concepts being taught and zoned out -- often doodling in my notebook.

But I never thought of myself as hating school because it wasn't action-oriented or immediately practical (I hated gym class probably more than anything). My interests were very much in line with the abstract academic classes such as philosophy, history, or psychology. (Although I generally suck at math.)

On the other hand, I never really liked literature classes despite my interests in creative writing. I'm usually impatient when I read fiction or poetry, I'd much rather get my creative inspiration through reading science and historical articles and watching movies.

And whenever I'd read or write a fictional story, I'm more interested in the climaxes rather than the character development.

And the only hands-on classes I was interested in were art classes, since, naturally, they were more inspirational rather than concrete.

Were/are any other NT's like this in school?

MBTI
    INTJ

I was homeschooled, so I don't really know how my grades there would compare.

My ACT score was 29. :steam: Should have studied.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    INTP

Average. I did pretty well without putting in too much effort. And did very well when I did put in effort.
    School just generally tends to bore me. Either the material isn't interesting, or the class moves too slowly, or I just simply don't feel like doing the work.
    I've had classes where the topic interested me, and I'd study for hours, but never do the required homework.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

In ninth grade, my lack of a need to study caught up with me. As one guidance counselor put it, "you're a Corvette doing twenty-five." By senior year I managed to raise my grade point average to a level that would not diminish my standing for college acceptance. In college, of course, I studied what I enjoyed, so earned my bachelor's magna cum laude.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Got high grades without much effort -- and I ended up being co-valedictorian along with a transfer student that year. (He ended up going to the GM plant as a technician-in-training.)

I was always good at writing (communicating ideas), and reading (very fast while still understanding what I was reading), and big-picture oriented, so I understood concepts very easily.

The hardest parts for me, if there were any, were the times I had to just memorize things (like the entire Kreb cycle flowchart). It was just routine memorization, but it was boring... you just have to "power through it" and insight doesn't mean much.

College was a different matter. I wasn't motivated, things were harder, and I ended up graduating only with a 3.20 or something very awful (for me) like that.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

I excelled in school and was on the Merit list within my school with A's & B's

At that time the top 33% of all students in the province received a passport to education for each year in school (gr8-gr12) full passport was $800 which I received. I know you're all schocked.... Algebra,Chem and Bio were my strongest stubjects.......
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    ESFJ

As an ESFJ I found school to my liking. I was always the teacher's favourite, finished all my work on time, and passed with flying colours. The entire education system seemed to be ideally suited to someone of my intellect and temperement, while some of my less-than-concrete friends fell behind, making endless excuses for their poor performance. Honestly.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    INTP

When I put in effort, I did really well; when I didn't put in much effort, I passed.

On the whole I loved school.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My grades in elementary through high school were average. I was smart, but not smart enough to fudge the standardized tests so I got the occasional under achiever lectures.

In college I would get very good grades for a few semesters, then crash and burn, drop out, and flunk all my classes.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

From elementary school through university until now, I've obtained a rather consistent grade average of A- to B+....I'm not sure what average is, I'm happy with it but most of my friends do better. I've found that my grades rarely varied between classes in high school, but in university they range quite a bit from a few Cs to a few A+'s, depending strongly on how interesting the class is (ie whether I zone out).

EDIT: oh and I still have no work ethic, although now at least I try to turn in all my assignments on time.