User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

I think this is worth mentioning:

I *extremely* like doing homework. The completion of each question, paragraph, or project makes me feel giddy with accomplishment.

The fact that I am getting a good eductation makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. To me, my own ability to read and write still seems almost incomprehensibly awesome.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INTP

I did alright in high school but decided to stop caring junior and senior year. In college, I had no direction and even more than being bored with certain classes I didn't have a clue what i wanted to do. I ended up dropping out but if I go back now I will sure as hell go back for something to do with design. Everything else can piss off. In elementary school, I was put in the gifted glasses. Honestly, I wish this had never happened because I would of never considered myself intelligent and I would be perfectly happy with how far I went academically.

MBTI
    INTJ

I did well from elementary school through college, particularly in the classes I enjoyed...it wasn't until graduate school, when I was juggling both work and classes, that I struggled and ended up in the middle of the class.

I usually get straight A's. I didn't my freshman and sophomore years of high school, but I did my junior and senior years, and I brought my GPA up to 3.4 by graduation (a B+ average for those who don't know). If I'd made the grades all four years that I did my last two years, I'd have probably been in the top 5-15% of my class, which is saying a little something because I attended a high school with over 3000 kids. I'm not always a rigorous student, but most of the time I am. I'm about to start college in a day or two and I really don't know if I'm going to get all A's, or what college is like even.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm in High School/Secondary school/whatever you want to call it in Holland, and I'm doing great, possibly one of the best, if not the best, of the class, and I'm already doing the highest possbile level in the Netherlands (see Education in the Netherlands).

I went to a bad primary school in a working class area with all working class kids. Nevertheless, I got the highest possible score for the CITO-test (which is a sort of SAT test, but then for elementary school students going to secondary school).

In secondary school, I remained at the top of the class, although, depending on the subject though, I didn't and don't work very hard. I don't dislike homework, unless the questions are utterly stupid and terrible. My memory, however, isn't bad at all and I am actually very good at rote learning, though I never enjoy it very much... and it usually 'decays' through time. I can hardly remember the history, geography and other very "factual" stuff I learnt in the first form.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm an INTJ after all... Most fellow INTPs I know don't do well at school, despite being very smart. One of my INTP classmates has an IQ of about 150, but nearly fails most classes.

MBTI
    IXTX

I've always found that if I put effort in school, I did extremely well, otherwise I would just pass.

Throughout my experience w/ education, I find that I would have cycles of booms and bust where if I paid attention and put effort, I would often be the top student of the class, and when I didn't, I was often the troublemaker.

I never did well in stuff I wasn't interested in or saw any value in.

Does anyone else have similar experiences like this?

MBTI
    INTJ

I got mostly As in elementary school.
    Middle school years were the worst years of my life. I got mostly As & Bs and an occasional C.
    My 4 year average in high school (because I did the math) was 86%.
    My only A in high school was in Geometry.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Interesting patterns we have here... I think the general consensus is if we like the subject/teacher we do very well... if we find it boring we go meh! and semi flunk it. Therefore school performance is correlated to subject interests for Ns while I'm guessing it's correlated to effort put in for Ss?

Nothing special about my school career.
    - Elementary to highschool: darn cocky brat/teacher's pet who insists on asking questions that I know perfectly well the teacher couldn't quite answer.
    - Undergrad in college: Got a rude awakening that I'm not so smart afterall. That progressively gotten turned into questioning myself why people think I'm a good student when I don't think I know anything. I still did fairly well in case you're wondering... 3.8 GPA in a competitive program. Very typical test taking skills for INXJs... get most of the concepts but couldn't recall some minor details/misread some question due to the lack of S. *shrugs* What can I say? I can't help it.
    - Now I'm starting my Masters... and I'm thinking to myself, how on earth did I end up in this?

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

How well I did in school was COMPLETELY dependent on my emotional enviornment in school or what my relationship with my teachers was like.

If a teacher didn't seem to care about me and wasn't affirming or encouraging of me then I would get C's, D's and even a few F's. I would not be motivated at all- my motivation and ambition was conttrolled by the teacher's acceptance and attention towards me. I remember having horrible cold teachers who were even insulting of me- and I was a loving respectful child but I was very different from most children and probably too nonsensical and just plain weird and sensitive for the no nonsense types. I had a very Bohemian childhood one could say and I liked to stand out and be different and embraced my individuality and usually the teachers that I had the most problems with were from the small town south and just did not like me at all. My grades were always terrible in places like that with people like that,lol.

If a teacher was loving to me and encouraging and affirming to me then I would be a straight A student. I remember having all my teachers absolutely love me in the 8th grade- I had teachers love me in other places and other grades but these teachers were just the best of the best and the sweetest of the sweet -this was in Louisville KY and I did so well I got a presidential certificate of excellence from the president and a plaque from them. I am motivated by affirmation- I want to do well to get more of it once someone shows me it first and gives me a taste of it, then I'm hooked. I have to be accepted and appreciated first- then I'll keep coming back for more and will do what it takes to keep it coming without sacrificing who I am- I think that is why I have to be accepted first- because that way I can still be me but be motivated and ambitious.

I never went to high school because certain unfortunate things happened that required me to financially support my family which was my mother and myself. I did contruction and fast food.

I wish I wasn't so controlled by my emotions that way I could not let a teacher's rejection or indifference of me dictate my grades.

I even noticed that when I worked- I was still a hard worker no matter what- but the nicer the boss the more I put into it.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    How well I did in school was COMPLETELY dependent on my emotional enviornment in school or what my relationship with my teachers was like. ...
    My ENFJ son is like that.
    If the believes his teacher "hates" him he can't do well in that class.
    He's actually sensitive on behalf of other kids too, so that the teacher "yelling" at other kids causes him to feel badly also, and can de-motivate him.