User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Never really had a problem getting good marks throughtout all levels of school with just a very little bit of effort. Although in comparison to my top scores in standardized tests, my school performance was not as brillant.

MBTI
    ENFJ

In elementary school at the very beginning they considered skipping me. After 3rd grade I evened out and just did well A's/B's. In middle school and high school I was bored out of my mind (but still liked school) so did average. In college I was on the dean's list every semester, graduated with a 3.98 and would fight for a grade I thought was deserved or undeserved. I suppose I finally cared.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    lego

Massive apathy toward life in general during high school, but I've slowly been ramping up my achievement since starting undergrad. Made my first 4.0 semester a year ago, followed by a 3.8 this past spring thanks to needing to fulfill undergrad foreign language requirements through a fairly backwards program I can't seem to make myself care about.

I am slightly worried that the 3 remaining classes in the foreign language program might keep me from seeing any more flawless semesters, with 3 semesters to go . . .

still, I am on track to graduate in the top 10% in my majors, even if I screw everything up within the next year.

MBTI
    infp

Either above average or below average depending on the class -almost never on average. I think my grade average of all ym classes was 75, but my marks were like 90, 56, 80, 65 (although I doubt that actually adds up to 75, those were just random numbers).

In classes like math and science I always have to go in for extra help or else I'll fail, but when I get to the help sessions I always end up understanding everything almost instantly. Its quite odd... I think one on one is much better for me, whihc makes sense as I hate being surrounded by people all the time.

For the most part I really don't like school and find class tedious. Even classes that I should love (like english) I don't enjoy because they focus less on what I'd like to do (like exploring how language can be used in a creative sense) and more on things I find tedious and constricting (like essays, which to me are the worst way to write). I'm the kind of guy who says I'm going to do hoemwork but ends up reading the entire textbook instead... I learn better if I work at my own pace.

Luckily one of my teachers was a really awesome ENTP and he made these amazing, creative, clever lessons that were much more engaging than anything else, and I did great in his class. I probably would have done decently anyway because it was history, but this guy made it a step better.

I still feel really suffocated by school though, there are too many people, it's too noisy, there is too much structure and too much "thats just the way it is" (which is the biggest load of bullshit ever, what a lame answer). I think I'd do much better if I could discover thing son my own and work at my own pace.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Up to my early teens I was top of the class. Then I started rebelling against the school system and started constantly arguing about anything the teacher said and pretending that I knew better. I stopped answering half of the tests and got the maximum on the other half, just so I could have the average to pass.

In college I started off being a complete slacker and finished in the top 10 out of 200.

MBTI
    INTJ

Primary school to early high school I was a bit of a all round good student. I was good at both academics and sports.

Then when I got to a certain age things changed, everything in school became just another area for sexual competition and my motivation went out the window. I flat refused to waste my time just to impress girls. I got bored of school and eventually dropped out at 15.

It's not so bad though, at least now I can learn at my own pace and about the things I'm interested in rather than the random irrelevant nonesense that school forces you to learn. I passed all the high school stuff 8 years later by just turning up for the exams and not bothering with the coursework.
    Last edited by Caleban; 09-03-2007 at 11:20 AM.

MBTI
    INTp

I've always been a very good student. I graduated valedictorian in High School, Magna Cum Laude in college and Summa Cum Laude in law school. Until law school I never tried all that hard either. Now I have to start a real job though and that sucks. I'm good at school, not work.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Ha..I don't have that much to say but:

elementary school up to grade 4:
    - exerted little effort
    - was the teachers' pet

gr5-7:
    - exerted more effort
    - never handed in stuff on time
    - was still the teachers' pet
    - won the best all-round student award (gr7)
    - got straight A's

gr8 (HIGH SCHOOL dundundunnn):
    - started getting my shit back together and handed almost all stuff in on time
    - almost got straight A's
    - exerted effort sporadically
    - was the teachers' pets (or at least they seemed to be very amused with me)
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INTJ

Always top of my class, without effort, even through college.

Boy, what a surprise life was, when I started working....

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by thirtyfour View Post
    I've always been a very good student. I graduated valedictorian in High School, Magna Cum Laude in college and Summa Cum Laude in law school. Until law school I never tried all that hard either. Now I have to start a real job though and that sucks. I'm good at school, not work.
    Strange. While I am good at school, I've found myself much more easily adaptable to the working realm. Might this be realted to activity levels? Extraverts have it easier on entry-level jobs that require less intellectual prowess but more moving capacity and higher workloads in a given amounts of time. Introverts fare slightly better in academic settings where they are allowed to think problems more thoroughly - a soft spot of mine has always been excessive speed in problem solving which, in school, leads to not perfect marks, but at the workplace seems to be appreciated since approximation is enough to guarantee results.