User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: INTPs & Anger

MBTI
    INTP

Re: Fat Kid Screaming. I think that's partly why I don't fly off the handle. I always remember how stupid I think people look when they do. Extreme anger always becomes comical, to me.
    Something Witty

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    iNTp's with anger management issues, I always direct to this video. It helps venting the troubles. Though I think it is a pretty old gag, it has lost nothing of its charme

YouTube - Fat kid screaming
    Either that kid is faking it, or he's seriously maniacal. I mean, like really, really over the edge. The way he alternates between ecstatic cackling and enraged screaming. My guess is, mis-dosing of some kind of medication.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Oh, I LOVE that video entropie!

Have you seen the remix? I have a feeling you will enjoy it.

[youtube="60d00TbbVuY"]Unreal Gamer vs. Lasse Gjertson[/youtube]
    lol. Wow. I would say that Lasse would be offended by someone using his masterpiece for this, except that whoever sequenced this is on par with Lasse. Nice work, there.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

I go on rampages and set out to destroy everything that is angering me. I very much resemble a pissed of Enneagram 8. Is there really that much difference between Ne dominant and Ti dominant NTPs, or is this a personal trait?
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

My anger outbursts are pretty rare.

Though I've been told by another INTP that they sense a lot of rage buried deep down...

HULK SMASH!

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Isn't this funny? Most of the INTPs here are saying that they have outbursts of anger. Martoon is saying he feels alone because he doesn't.

Well, martoon, you are alone, but not in the way you might think. If you read the mistyped member thread, you will learn that your lack of angry outbursts means you are the only actual INTP here. It seems, crazy, I know, but just ask BlueWing and Nocapszy. It's what they think, and they say it with such self-endowed authority, how could you not believe them?

Sorry. I know it's annoying to go dragging the content of other threads around, but I just couldn't help but notice how timely this thread suddenly seemed.
    I don't remember BW saying that INTP don't have emotion or express it, what I remember him saying was that an INTP would be likely to dress their emotion up as intellectually as possible with intellectual justifications and present it that way while a INFP would be most likely to just say "Hey, this is how I feel."

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I don't remember BW saying that INTP don't have emotion or express it, what I remember him saying was that an INTP would be likely to dress their emotion up as intellectually as possible with intellectual justifications and present it that way while a INFP would be most likely to just say "Hey, this is how I feel."
    That makes some sense because it implies that it is being filtered through the dominant T function. Seeing anger as being expressed through any of the eight functions sheds an interesting light on it. How does Se anger manifest itself differently from Ni anger? Or Fi vs. Te? Is it the domain of Fe or Fi? Is anger just anger or can it be tailored to fit very different modes? I've wondered about this topic. Does the degree of expressing anger, having tantrums, etc. have as much to do with environment and physiology as it does cognitive style? Is the quantity of anger a separate issue from the manner in which it is expressed?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    His explanation of me being an F was mostly based splitting the hairs of my wording, regardless of my rationale, intent, or meaning. He also tried proving it with contradictions that weren't actually contradictions. The main point here is that out-bursts much like the ones we are hearing about here, don't really fit his idea of being an INTP.

His point about my expressions can be summarized as such: I am not an INTP, because I'm not dressed in an INTP's clothes.

And I don't feel at all comfortable building my point soley on just how I feel, so I don't see how that point would have been relevant to me, anyway.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Schizm View Post
    This is a load of bull. And just because you suppress your anger, dear Enneagram 1, doesn't mean you don't actually have it.
    +1
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Okay this'll get me in trouble but what the hell..

I'm more of a classic INTP anger man meself. In true ESFJ style I set my objective and God help and poor sap who tries to block my path.

Interestingly though, well ashamedly but interesting, when I realise I've just made a display of myself, I shift the whole berrating myself onto someone else and blame then. Feels loads better

Oh and Mac, I totally sympathise with the breaking inanimate things. That's usually when I do beat myself up. I realise I've broken it and that I now care that I've broken it so I then have to find something that I won't care about and break that too to release the second wave....

It's much cheaper being calm and passive.... really irritating to those who are looking for me to decide or side with someone and I just sit in the middle seeing both sides of the situation..... (it's also fun just purely as bedevilment )

That reminds me, according to the missus I do scare people with my anger. Mostly her. When you get shot by some bunny hopping son of a large horse headed octopus the air can get blue quite quickly. In fact I think that if Mom had heard me last night, she'd not speak to me again... ever!!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP

I'll go with the trend of unexpected ranting, though usually not around personal items. I have a very strong "injustice" reflex and can easily trip out on an outraged rant that can disconcert others. It's like somewhere deep inside me is the naive sense of the world as a fair place and any impinging upon that perception brings down the wrath of the gods.

I'm told, however, that I'm quite eloquent in this mood, mixing profanity with sweeping sentiment of towering dudgeon that invokes the finest of Joe Pesci and Ian McKellen. In fact friends often bring their problems to me in an attempt to receive indirect catharsis.

Personally? I do tend to punish myself with invective, but not really others. When I have a problem with someone else, I prefer to lay it out in clear, clinical terms, though without much softening of tone. This has gotten me compared to a scalpel on occassion, but I have no problem with that.
    "The subject chooses to sit in shadow and search for wisdom by reflecting upon his trial. The problem is not that he is cold and wet, but that cold and wet seems problematic, so he embraces those hardships in order to best them."