User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: INTPs & Anger

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Sorry, too lazy.

I have not witnessed too much INTP anger since I think Noah vents his during his commute for the most part.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Sorry, too lazy.

I have not witnessed too much INTP anger since I think Noah vents his during his commute for the most part.
    He's so laid back. It's hard to imagine.

What were his meltdowns like? (or get him to post his here!)

I've mostly broken inanimate objects.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I noticed my more-stressed side yesterday.
    I just finished taking a test I wasn't so confident I aced- so I became anxious and stressed.
    However, my Fe was accurate.
    I got into an argument with my sister over something stupid.. it had to do about whether Pizza Hut would survive in China during the next 10-20 years. I was pro-Pizza Hut.. she was anti-Pizza Hut. I felt both of us were sort of stressed.. I pointed out she was stressed and seemed tired and then she said- no it's all you.
    A half hour later, she takes a nap.. I just knew that she seemed a little tired even though she denied it.

I dunno.
    In other cases, I tend to get annoyed with stupidity and if I feel that people aren't listening to me (for something I think is a perfectly good idea)- I will get loud and keep trying to explain why what I'm thinking is good logically but obviously stressed..
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    He's so laid back. It's hard to imagine.

What were his meltdowns like? (or get him to post his here!)

I've mostly broken inanimate objects.
    Mostly he just yells and speeds. His speech gets very clipped and he spits out words like blowdarts.

I don't think I've known him to break anything or go out of bounds verbally towards anyone in their presence.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTP

I freeze when I'm stressed, and rationalise my anger away.
    "He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."
    Douglas Adams

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    I dunno.
    In other cases, I tend to get annoyed with stupidity and if I feel that people aren't listening to me (for something I think is a perfectly good idea)- I will get loud and keep trying to explain why what I'm thinking is good logically but obviously stressed..
    An INTP friend I know gets the same way. He says he's being 'elitist', but I don't think that's the case. He just has a low threshold for outright stupidity and an even lower threshold for being ignored when he voices an idea that would work and possibly work better than the current method. I think if other people would respond with, "That's a good idea, but we do it this way because..." he would get much less frustrated. Or just try it his way every once and a while and see how it goes.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

I'm like a bottle of soda. I can get shaken and shaken and shaken to no end, but when someone crosses the line and opens the bottle, all hell breaks loose.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon
    I think your statement of "no matter how much they provoked me" is key. INTPs don't want to control anyone, and they really don't want anyone to control them. Letting someone provoke you to anger is a form of letting them control you.

Yes! Absolutely. It's funny--I don't ever really "snap" when it's a serious issue that should make me angry. I snap when someone is being aggressively stupid or irritating or anal. And then it's just sort of an out-of-the-blue snark and I'm back to normal.
    Something Witty

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I'm feeling more and more like a freak here. I don't break things, never yelled out of anger. I speed consistently, but only because I try to minimize driving time; I set my cruise control there. When I'm suggesting a good idea, and people don't listen or consider it, I just stop suggesting it and figure it's their loss. I guess I'm not that invested in it. Fortunately, that's never come up at work. They always consider what I'm suggesting.

In my eighth grade English class, we were required to read a book and write a report every two weeks. I read a couple books every week, but didn't like writing book reports, so I didn't. In our weekly grade summary, I'd always get an A one week (no report due), and an F the next (report due). I finally concluded this was stupid, and wrote up a report on a book I'd just read. When I got the report back, it was graded "F", with a note from the teacher saying she suspected I'd copied it from the book jacket, or from a printed review. Did I confront her? Of course not. I just concluded that there was no point in writing any more reports, so I didn't. This was partially stupidity, and partially just me looking for an excuse to not write any more reports.

A few weeks ago, while experiencing some anxiety, I realized that I was actually angry about something. I thought, "Hey, this is good! I should go with this. Let's be ANGRY!!!" Of course, it immediately dissipated. Very disappointing. I was so looking forward to a good angergasm. Ah, well. Maybe next time.

Oh, and, Kyrielle? The cake is a lie.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Isn't this funny? Most of the INTPs here are saying that they have outbursts of anger. Martoon is saying he feels alone because he doesn't.

Well, martoon, you are alone, but not in the way you might think. If you read the mistyped member thread, you will learn that your lack of angry outbursts means you are the only actual INTP here. It seems, crazy, I know, but just ask BlueWing and Nocapszy. It's what they think, and they say it with such self-endowed authority, how could you not believe them?

Sorry. I know it's annoying to go dragging the content of other threads around, but I just couldn't help but notice how timely this thread suddenly seemed.
    Go to sleep, iguana.