User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: What was your dream job when you were a child?

Permabanned Array
    5w4 sx/sp

I was too busy dreaming to have a dream job.
    Likes Opal, Alaska, ESFJ liked this post

Member Array
    Idk None

I wanted to breed horses, goats, and various types of poultry. Animal husbandry of any kind, pretty much.

Paleontologist/astronaut/horror author/ninja.

by @magpie

by @

7w8 sx

I wanted to be a bunch of things: A farmer, a barber, an actor,an astronaut, a military commando, a cop, a homeland security/FBI agent. Most of them are quite stupid to me today.
    "Don't let a damned soul stomp on you for your age, but instead show them that you can be just as good as them in both morals and judgment"- 1 Timothy 4:12 in my own words that I can relate to.

Please vote on my johari window at
    I promise it will not take long.

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    642 so/sx

An early memory of mine was playing with 'army men'.

I'd spend a few hours outside setting up a good battlefield and then splitting up my army men and positioning them 'just so'. I'd imagine them being engaged in some epic fight and derived great enjoyment doing so. The 'good' guys always won After I learned to read one of my go to subjects to read was all things military. To this day it's an interest of mine. It started with encyclopedias and as I grew older and more competent at reading I began to read more 'serious' books on the subject of warfare.

I grew up during the Cold War and around age 12, middle school, I wanted to be a combat helicopter pilot. In high school I learned that my bad eyesight prohibited me from piloting so I switched to 'submariner'. My book interest continued to grow and and I began reading military history as well. After dropping out of uni I entered the U.S. Army at age 23, practically an old man compared to the other recruits I was with. I spent 3 years in, 19K then switched to 19D after I made seargent and was allowed to. I eventually left the military because I figured out it wasn't for me after all. No regrets.

In hindsight it's easy for me to see how I had romanticized and idealized 'warriors'. To me this is what it was to be 'male' and to be 'useful' and what better way to prove my mettle than in the meritocracy that is the U.S. military. Boy was I wrong . I hadn't factored for 'human' and quickly learned that politics was very much a part of being able to rise within the military.

I've since grown a social conscious and acquired a better understanding of 'war', just war theory, politics etc. It seems like a thousand decades ago, that old permutation of me. Army men... I know all too well how right something can seem & feel, only to learn that you're wrong. What else I am wrong about?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

4w5 sx/so

Childhood: veterinarian, performing artist, marine biologist, founder of the WNFL.
    Teens: performing artist, historian
    Adulthood: performing artist, artist, historian, Enneagram facilitator/teacher.
    Find my Enneagram writing here, and ethical boutique here.✨

I just wanted to write stories! I still do. I've been changing my mind a lot, being undecided because everything I'm good at and like are not "real" jobs.

I'm excellent at creative writing. However, it's more visual writing. This is why I've decided to actually pursue Screenwriting/TV writing. Every single story idea I have people love. I just get discouraged because no one I know does this type of thing.

The thing I do know is that I am not good at "real" jobs. I was once a camp counselor at an all girls Girl Scout Camp. Whenever I tried to do something right, something else went wrong. So, at times I would stop trying to do stuff myself and then it's remarked that "I have to be told what to do"! It was infuriating. It was all good when they put me in the kitchen with all things! I had a personality and got work done. Same thing happened at a Receptionish job at a Hot Tub spa job... "I was just not getting it".
    I just don't work well with "normal" people.

When I was always writing. I started a musical when I was 9, with ridiculous song lyrics and all. At age 13 started a novel, that was actually pretty good. I've continued that same novel a bit through college. I also read more. I never really thought about it but I assumed that I could work the same way as I always been.

This was el Tanget....! ;D

Injustice Needs To stoP Array RandomINTP's Avatar
    7w8 sx

When I was a kid, I never actually thought about it.
    I plan on being an attorney when I'm an adult, and if that fails, I'll be a psychologist. If I could do what Sherlock does and I'd get paid, I'd do it. Yes, he's a detective but he doesn't actually get paid.
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

"Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

During first 10 years of my life:

princess (yes seriously- I was 4) -> actress-> veterinarian -> astronaut or astronomer or both
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

9dw so/sp
    ESI Fi

“No, I don’t like work. I had rather laze about and think of all the fine things that can be done. I don’t like work – no man does – but I like what is in the work, - the chance to find yourself. Your own reality – for yourself, not for others – what no other man can ever know. They can only see the mere show, and never can tell what it really means.”