MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I wanted to be Indiana Jones.
    If I said I wanted to be Indiana Jones one guy would frown at me when I was a kid & yell..

True.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

When I was younger I wanted to become a Physicist or an Astronaut, things have changed a lot since then.

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

I always wanted to be a teacher realistically, but I think there was a short phase where I considered being a private detective lol. I think I didn't really have a proper plan for anything until I was 15 and I had no idea what I wanted to be but since my mum always called me a doctor anyway I thought I'd aim for that route, eventually took an interest in psychiatry so that motivated me to go the medicine route. But that didn't work out and I'm now studying chemical engineering so I'm back to square one, no idea what I want to be and leaving teacher as a back-up plan if I never settle on anything.

I've considered being an actuary too but tbh that looks long, with the ACCAs and all that. Ooh I wanted to be an air hostess too at some point, but pretty much realised I'd have to be attractive for that. My dream job would be to have that job George Clooney had in Up In The Air, like whew travelling all the time for such a simple duty like that would be fab. + all those miles!
    Likes Obsidius liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP

When I was 7 I discovered in the classroom collection a children's paperbook book about King Tut. Through pithy narrative and lush illustrations, I learned:
    - Howard Carter endeavored to do some discoverin' against 'all odds'
    - the Valley of the Kings had been looted over the course of centuries, by random people; the chances of Carter discovering something in the 20th century were slim. This inspired a better understanding of time and human behavior.
    - Lord Carnarvon was a greedy, kind of sinister kind of guy, or at least this was the impression I got. He pressured Carter to find something, fast, or else.
    - Just as his time was almost up, Carter discovered some steps...
    - ...leading down to a sealed doorway...
    - By chipping away a corner and peering through by candlelight, Carter could see glints of gold and treasure and sculpture!

It was the antechamber to Tut's tomb, and the book highlighted a good number of furnishings found there, describing their role in everyday life and how they were to be used in the afterlife and stuf and stuff. The book continued its tour through the rest of the tomb and described how Carnarvon died of what "mightve" been King Tut's curse, and how the West got caught up in pop Egypt mania after all of it. I also learned how to pronounce Tutankhamen.

I spent a good part of that year "excavating" the playground manhole with my friends, and succeeded in digging a hole under a good eighth of it. Would've done more but we used sticks, then winter came, then we used sticks, then we asked an adult supervisor to help, so that was the end of that.

My memory's faulty but the point here is that children's nonfic broadened my perspective, and in most cases dry factual accuracy doesn't matter.

Oh... I wanted to be an archaeologist.
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I wanted to be an astronaut.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I wanted to be an astronomer or meteorologist for the longest time. I loved science so much! Then they started putting math in science and I jumped off that train. Now I'm an artist.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I wanted to be a traveling minister.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Inventor/scientist/archaeologist/marine biologist/Leonardo DaVinci II. Uh, I guess Doc in Back To The Future. Quite annoying that you have to specialize these days.

Stupid reality.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

World dictator/King of everything

I wanted to be an astronomer, but that was when I didn't know it involved so much math lol