User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Default INTJs as idealists

I have noticed quite a while ago that INTJs are deep down pure idealists. Its weird that this side of the type is usually left out(and i have noticed in some INTJs that they dont even realize themselves how big of idealists they are) in all discussion about the type. Instead people focus on the Te side of the type, which is weird because often the idealist side is running harder than the practical side of the personality.

From what it seems to me, its the idealism that makes the type goal oriented, they want to fill some ideal that they have envisioned and even when Te is much used in this regard(to achieve a goal), the idealist side still seems to be the ultimate drive behind all.

So feel free to argue against(just try to make it a good argument ) or discuss INTJs idealist side, which is sadly often left out.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Did you miss all the Ni-vision-goal talk?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Did you miss all the Ni-vision-goal talk?
    vision is different from idealism and yes i did miss that once in a lifetime chance
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

It's usually referred to as the gooey center
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Maybe some goo is connected to that idealism if you look it from some perspective alien to me, but the idealism isnt all goo.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    vision is different from idealism
    O Sherlock... One breeds the other. How things should be is determined by values.

WhoCares

Yes INTJ is idealistic to a fault. Its just what is.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I have noticed quite a while ago that INTJs are deep down pure idealists. Its weird that this side of the type is usually left out(and i have noticed in some INTJs that they dont even realize themselves how big of idealists they are) in all discussion about the type. Instead people focus on the Te side of the type, which is weird because often the idealist side is running harder than the practical side of the personality.

From what it seems to me, its the idealism that makes the type goal oriented, they want to fill some ideal that they have envisioned and even when Te is much used in this regard(to achieve a goal), the idealist side still seems to be the ultimate drive behind all.

So feel free to argue against(just try to make it a good argument ) or discuss INTJs idealist side, which is sadly often left out.

This is a great thread topic and observation. I don't think INTJ personality profiles on the net really do this side of our personality justice; we are often made out to be very "mechanical". I have only come across a few INTJs like that, and they tend to be 5w6 INTJs.

I dislike the word "idealist" though. While I have very distinct visions and ideas about how the world should be, they are really mental theoretical models, just naturally created from information - stuff I've read and my own observations of reality. That is how Ni works with a Thinking function. INFJs by contrast try and make sense of the world with their emotions, and this is the reason the conclusions they tend to come are usually quite different. It is true that if I didn't have strong views about things, there wouldn't really be that much driving me, but what I would emphasize is how those views are arrived at.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    spso

I'd say it'd be hard to find a true INTJ who isn't an idealist to some form. The second a long-term, long-ranging goal is envisioned, many of them will undertake a lot of work to realize a prospect. Te is an odd function for a perciever; I've had people (who I believe to be ISTJ) tell me to think only about today. I can do this to an extent, but if I see no long-term purpose when such is desired, my motivation dwindles rapidly.

When I have a goal in mind, I can forget time, and in worst cases, food--solely because the realization of something is crucial. I'd say INTJs are fundamentally idealists. The down-side to this, im my experience, is that the real world doesn't function as smoothly as Ni may envision. I've had times where I thought something would play as I had forseen only to totally change to my chagrin. It's not uncommon to find an INTJ in a lazy haze after a goal has been blocked or severely stymied until another--this time more of a marriage with absolute reality via Te/Se--is put into motion.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I agree, but like @Nicodemus, find the ideal strongly tied to our vision. Even you post speaks of an ideal envisioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    That is a mythical place, equated in fantasy realms more properly with Fi.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...