User Tag List

Thread: How do you fellow NTs deal with...

Member Array

Default How do you fellow NTs deal with...

Feelings of extreme hurt? Especially over something small that just makes no sense,
    and I can usually let bigger things roll like the proverbial water off a duck.

Tempbanned Array
    EIE Ni

There are only a few things that would make me hurt and upset

Being dumped, especially if it was because of something I couldn't change
    Being judged sexually
    Having private, personal information distributed
    Seeing someone I care about mix their blood

Wait for the feelings to go away. They do eventually.

I get easily frustrated for any number of reasons, since I've always had some anger issues. What gets to me are things like being judge for things. Perfect example? I come into these forums to appease my boyfriend, who told me all the interesting things that goes on and how I can toss my two cents on things. First thing that happens is I get ragged on by some strange I don't know for not behaving as my MBTI stereotype should. I know that rationally it shouldn't bother me, but it does, and those are the kind of things that get under my skin. Strange? Probably, but it's my little flaw I suppose.

Oddly enough, I'm pretty cam and collected on the big things.

I would likely confront them, even if it's small. Done the right way, it should 1) explain the situation clearly 2) provide closure and 3) not alienate the person I'm confronting. I might feel like punching them in the mouth but that's generally not productive.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Baltar View Post
    Feelings of extreme hurt? Especially over something small that just makes no sense,
    and I can usually let bigger things roll like the proverbial water off a duck.
    I think about it and observe how trivial it is (assuming it really is). I recognize that the hurt then is entirely inside me, which means it is within my control. I review the facts of the situation to make sure I didn't overlook something or assess it incorrectly, and to see if any action is needed (usually there isn't). Then I force myself to move on. This process itself is usually enough to dispel most of the hurt. Small echoes of it might return, but I remind myself of my conclusions, and away they go.
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere