User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Default How does one develop their NT?

Is that possible? How does one go about doing that?

This question is based on this....

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...74-post12.html

MBTI
    INTP

Read stories with NT main characters and empathise with them.

I will give you typical NT reply.

How much SF are you and how much NT do you want to develope?

If I get it correctly, you want to develope N and T side.

MBTI
    INTP

Tricky question. How old are you, Hmm? It's probably something that develops more naturally as you get older, in the same way that S and F functions develop in older NTs.

Perhaps you could try things like logic puzzles?
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INTP

I could be talking out my butt here, but I'd say, 1) try to see things from every possible angle. Obsess that you might have missed something that is perfectly obvious to others. 2) Before making any decision, try and whittle every bit of emotion and subjectivity out of it, so that you can't be accused of arguing something based on personal feelings or not having thought things through.

Something Witty

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Is that possible? How does one go about doing that?
    This question is based on this....
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...74-post12.html
    You are uniquely positioned at least, at least theoretically, as an ISFJ -- because your tertiary and inferior are Ti+Ne. So those two functions are weaker than your Si+Fe combination, but they still are things you might instinctively drop into when Si+Fe fails you.

Your Ne has probably been a little weak: When situations are ambiguous, you might get nervous or project wildly over what could happen rather than having a better sense of what the realistic probabilities are. The future might look dark if you don't have it planned out to some degree. And so on. And Ti might seem cold or indifferent to people, which you won't like either... but it also offers a way around the confusing mess it can sometimes become to deal with other people's relational expectations (Fe), by cutting to the core of what is happening.

The best way, since you probably need tangible experiences rather than theory to guide you? Make friends and spend time with ENTPs and INTPs; and instead of dismissing them if they say something that might come across as impractical or not sensitive enough to you, try to watch and listen and wait and see the benefit in it.

(Sometimes they might really be impractical or insensitive based on your standards, but sometimes their behavior will be appropriate in its own way to a situation, and you can slowly get a sense of what options they see in a situation.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

*be paranoid about your competency. Make sure your work reflects the fact that you are a genius who not only does the work up to satisfaction, but pretty much develops a whole new world to explore past your work, becuase you came at it from a unique angle.

*knowledge-hunger is your biggest hunger. you NEED to understand.

*stay home on friday night and watch the discovery channel (either by yourself to develop your INTx or with friends, to develop your ENTxness).
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Thank you much to everyone for the answers. I feel like I'm wandering in the dark here so it's good to have a little guidance on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buds of May View Post
    Read stories with NT main characters and empathise with them.
    Unlike some of the others here, I haven't learned how to type people or fictional characters yet. Do you have any suggestions to start?

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    How much SF are you and how much NT do you want to develope?

If I get it correctly, you want to develope N and T side.
    Yes, I do, but your question is a good one. I'm not really sure how much N and T I should develop. Would developing them change who I am? Hmmmm, not sure if I want that. Mostly it's just that I love being around NT's a lot but I feel like we might struggle a bit to relate to each other so I'd like to bridge that gap if I can. Plus, it just sounds like a good idea to try to be more balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    Tricky question. How old are you, Hmm?
    I'm 26 and still learning a lot about the world. I think doing logic puzzles sounds like a good idea. I think I'll do that. I'm curious if those really help train your mind to think that way or are they just fun and games?

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    I'm 26 and still learning a lot about the world. I think and doing logic puzzles sounds like a good idea. I think I'll just that. I'm curious if those really help train your mind to think that way or are they just fun and games?
    I think one of the beauties of N-T type games is that they're both -- fun and games AND train your mind at the same time
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    INTP

I try to figure out the how/why in everything. Once I understand a system, my intuition easily finds new ways to build upon the system to create a more efficient and unique view of the subject.