User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Is that possible? How does one go about doing that?

This question is based on this....

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...74-post12.html
    That's quite an indomitable task for an SJ. Maybe you should just focus on the T in ways that don't conflict too much with your preferences. Like picking up some non-fiction or doing puzzles.
    I don't wanna!

Think. And don't be lazy with your thinking. Figure things out and explore all of the options you can think of. Learn as much as you can. Never do anything that doesn't make sense. Make logic and efficiency among your top priorities. See the big picture. Analyze everything. Start hating weakness and incompetence. Solve problems. Build things. Debate. And think like a genius on crack.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INTP

-Brainstorm a lot getting all your ideas out, then build on each of those ideas and keep going and going and do not focus on categorizing or putting them in order.

-Consistently Think of reasons of why things shouldn't work, be possible, or what is incongruent in situations.

-Read material over your head, because it forces you to make sense of it using information that is not directly related to the subject at hand.

-basically disorder is key because in my opinion if you go into a situation by setting strong boundaries in terms of topic, time, or number of materials in terms of research it already confines your ability to make "connections".

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    That's quite an indomitable task for an SJ. Maybe you should just focus on the T in ways that don't conflict too much with your preferences. Like picking up some non-fiction or doing puzzles.
    I tend to agree. It'd be enough to just try to learn about something.

Read books.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    -Brainstorm a lot getting all your ideas out, then build on each of those ideas and keep going and going and do not focus on categorizing or putting them in order.

-Consistently Think of reasons of why things shouldn't work, be possible, or what is incongruent in situations.

-Read material over your head, because it forces you to make sense of it using information that is not directly related to the subject at hand.

-basically disorder is key because in my opinion if you go into a situation by setting strong boundaries in terms of topic, time, or number of materials in terms of research it already confines your ability to make "connections".
    That's how to be an INTP.

However, because she's an ISFJ, she does have Ti Ne as opposed to Ni Te, so that may work.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Lots of good suggestions. Thank you!

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Live with one!

I have to "make a case" to my very-NT husband to persuade him or to make my point in an argument. (Or he doesn't respect me, if I'm up the creek, I pull out all my NF-artillery!)

You could play devil's advocate to all their ideas.

It works!

**most importantly, value the way an NT thinks, but I think you already do, as you're asking the question.
    Last edited by chatoyer; 07-29-2008 at 01:32 PM. Reason: another point, dmmt

MBTI
    ENTP

To summarise NT in one word. Analyse. Think why the world is the way it is. Come up with ideas about people, place, things etc. and test them. Observation is a extremely powerful tool, just sit back and observe for a while and you'll be amazed at the levels of new insights that you'll get.
    Good Dog Nigel

Arf, arf, he goes, a merry sight,
    Our little hairy friend,
    Arf, arf, upon the lampost bright
    Arfing round the bend.
    Nice dog! Goo boy,
    Waggie tail and beg,
    Clever Nigel, jump for joy
    Because we're putting you to sleep at three of the clock, Nigel. -John Lennon

You might enjoy doing type role-playing as an exercise. I often do this in a seemingly random pattern based on what I'm interested in at the moment. You might prefer to define it as a specific exercise with a specific time period. Focus on each of your least developed cognitive functions for a day, such as:

Monday: introverted thinking
    Tuesday: extraverted thinking
    Wednesday: introverted intuition
    Thursday: extraverted intuition
    Friday: Relax and be your normal self. By now, your friends are wondering if you have multiple personality disorder or something!

At the beginning of each day, read about that function and what it involves, and focus on that in each situation that comes up throughout the day in all aspects of life: work, home, financial, social, and others. You could do this for more than a day, but I'd get bored with focusing on only one function for that long.

You'll find that just by considering this exercise, you've engaged your other cognitive functions. Sneaky.

You could even get really crazy and expand this into pretending to be some type such as an INTP or ENTJ for a day. Just don't be afraid to bail out and go back to being a ISFJ if you start to scare yourself.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Good ideas, Javo.