• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Famous ENTPs

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
Because I need to get over my insanely high expectations for my own first book I thought that maybe I'd compile a monography on famous ENTPs. These are the ones I have singled out for a chapter each at the moment.

Socrates (Bluewing and Keirsey say INTP)
Origen
Machiavelli
Da Vinci
Montesquieu (Some say INTP)
Hume
Lincoln (Some say INTP)
Tesla
Feyndman
Foucault
Russel
...and Obama

Besides this, do you know any other interesting ENTPs?

And do you wish to contend any of the typings, or offer additional proof or anecdotes that these are in fact ENTPs, it would be most welcome :D

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Doctor Who!

Oh, I guess you're probly looking for real people. :blush:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not familiar with everyone on your list, but I'm fairly certain Lincoln is INTP, and my first guess for Tesla is INTJ. I do think Edison was ENTP though. Other ENTP's that come to mind: Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Alexander the Great, Cyrus the Great, Roger Williams, Christopher Colombus, George Carlin, Jon Stewart, Mike Myers, Walt Disney, Winston Churchill, Zeno of Elea. I could probably think of more if given time. :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It is "Feynman", probally a mistyping.

I would like to add the coolest of all famous and not famous ENTP's: xD

381~Bart-Simpson-Posters.jpg

Btw.: I see Obama often typed as ENFP, dont know him though.

Bill Gates I see typed as ENTJ and Steve Jobbs on the other hand as ENTP. That I see fitting, watched an autobiographical video called "Pirates of silicon valley" about em both.

And then there are those really good speeches by Steve Jobbs, I find ENTP-worthy: YouTube - Steve Jobs Stanford Commencement Speech 2005

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Man, you ENTPs are trying to steal all our ESTP heroes. First Indiana Jones, now Bart Simpson! Sorry, Entropie, Bart is ESTP all the way, eat my shorts! :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
good point there, according to socionics I read about him being eNt, but I go with your point here :)

BetaSwimmer

MBTI Type
ENTP
Man, you ENTPs are trying to steal all our ESTP heroes. First Indiana Jones, now Bart Simpson! Sorry, Entropie, Bart is ESTP all the way, eat my shorts! :D

Hey now...don't lump us all into the same category of steeling. Honestly...you can have them...

And Obama isn't ENTP...not by a long shot...He's no NT...closest I give him is ENFP...

Lincoln, based on the history books, I'd venture to say was more I than E...

Sadly I am unable to contribute more ENTP's for the topic...just clarify my opinion on those already mentioned...

Seriously though...Obama...is...not...ENTP...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
good point there, according to socionics I read about him being eNt, but I go with your point here :)

I personally am more inclined to think Bart is an ENTP, as well. He's never really interested in experience for the sake of experience, but rather he seems to manipulate the environment to shake things up, which is something ENTPs do, and Keirsey's description of the type can attest to that, too.

ENTPs and ESTPs can be equally reckless and superficial and even seem similar on the superficial level, but the ESTP's focus is on enjoyment of the here-and-now and following physical impulses. The ENTP is on the lookout for new ways in any undertaking and challenging the status quo. And Bart does the latter consistently.

Most people probably think he's an S because he's not an intellectual (at least not in the conventional sense).

strawberryfields

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think I'd be inclined to say Socrates wasn't an ENTP, perhaps INTP. I probably shouldn't say this since I'm not entirely sure how to justify my belief, but part of me almost thinks Socrates could have been an idealist rather than a rational. I appreciate he was often very logical, but I think you can get logical idealists. Socrates spoke about virtue and the community and care for others, and about the importance of aspiring to find good in life. Also, Socrates placed high importance in the supernatural/mystical/after-life etc. which seems potentially more NF rather than NT to me (although I acknowledge it's partly cultural.)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I personally am more inclined to think Bart is an ENTP, as well. He's never really interested in experience for the sake of experience, but rather he seems to manipulate the environment to shake things up, which is something ENTPs do, and Keirsey's description of the type can attest to that, too.

ENTPs and ESTPs can be equally reckless and superficial and even seem similar on the superficial level, but the ESTP's focus is on enjoyment of the here-and-now and following physical impulses. The ENTP is on the lookout for new ways in any undertaking and challenging the status quo. And Bart does the latter consistently.

Most people probably think he's an S because he's not an intellectual (at least not in the conventional sense).

Eh, we'll just have to agree to disagree I guess. I think there's tons of episodes where Bart is interested in the experience for the sake of the experience. I think he's got a strong T, but the intuitive thing just isn't there very often. He acts on previous experience of "knowing the ropes" of his elementary school and his "street smarts." He only seems to anticipate problems if they have occurred often in the past. Lisa always has to clue him in to the possibilities of life, he's very in the moment.

autumn

MBTI Type
eNFP
Thomas Edison
Alton Brown

autumn (just signing my post; I'm not an ENTP :) )

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
i understand how people would view obama as an ENFP or ENFJ instead. that's okay though. you don't have to agree with me.

---

I could also see why people would think of Socrates as an INTP. Although never as an NF at all.

---

Tesla I don't know much about. Its just that he's always typed as an ENTP. I have this scientist friend who absolutely adores him. And I figured that if there's a cult of Tesla among scientists out there, Tesla had to be in the book.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Bill Gates I see typed as ENTJ and Steve Jobbs on the other hand as ENTP.

Steve Jobs is an ENTJ.

He's extremely NJ.

ENTPs
Randy Pausch (adaptive NF characteristics)
Vizzini
Billy Crystal
George Carlin
Jon Stewart
Richard Pryor

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Karl Lagerfeld
Sumner Redstone
Melvin Van Peebles

Saw documentaries on all the above and they are most likely ENTPs.

Kaffeine

MBTI Type
eNTP
On the fictional note, I'd say Tony Stark (Iron Man), is definitely ENTP