• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs: How do you show appreciation?

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Yeah, but that's how you feel loved? What about chores you don't even care about? "I fixed the ceiling fan you never use!"

What about quality time? Just being together, even if you're not doing anything other than reading in bed.

I was thinking along the lines of being half-ill, having to get up early and having a heap of dishes standing around. I don't think it's about chores you don't care about, that would be rather...strange.

Quality time is nice, it goes together with physical touch, I suppose.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was thinking along the lines of being half-ill, having to get up early and having a heap of dishes standing around. I don't think it's about chores you don't care about, that would be rather...strange.

You cook, I'll wash the dishes, deal?

Quality time is nice, it goes together with physical touch, I suppose.

Yeah, that's why it ranks so highly.

I can always get a maid.

Bufo

MBTI Type
onto
Enneagram
5w4
By a somewhat prolonged stare or eye contact.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I start stuttering and twitching, then run away when they aren't looking.

Bufo

MBTI Type
onto
Enneagram
5w4
^I do that only when I don't consider something as much prizing.

Decon

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w1
I wasn't able to read all the replys, but I have an interview soon.

The way I show I care about someone is by helping them solve thier problems. Which comes across as arragont. Which could be the farthest thing for me.

So I guess that's why I usually do better with people who're almost thirty than people closer to my age. :doh:

PollyPeachum

MBTI Type
iNTp
I try to think what the 'normal' way to show appreciation is. Since that can be rather difficult according to the situation, I just remind myself that it's only inside my head that expressing feelings seems ' wrong' so ...I proceed to act as if I didn't care and just say or do what I believe shows what I'm Feeling at that time.:)

(such a redundant and vague explanation! haha)

Vildechaya

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
When I am truly appreciative- I am very open and emotional about it!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
cold rational logic: "I love you and this will never change"

And after that, it will indeed never change

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My experience with NTs is they aren't good at saying how much they like or appreciate you. They DO things for you, spend time with you, talk and write to you and listen attentively. Boredom is the kiss of death for an NT, so if he/she is in a relationship with you (and you're not a relative, and even then...) it means you are appreciated and considered worthy.

An ENTP friend once told me "I'm stingy with my time [and think of how much time we spend together.]" The last part wasn't actually said, it was understood, and the whole of it was meant as a compliment.

Yeah, an INFJ I know is very stingy with her time, I put in effort to skip lectures and hang out and stuff though. I don't express appreciation to friends much, I make sure to do all of the above and show that I am a true friend. Other people I tend to not actually listen to much... :doh:

cold rational logic: "I love you and this will never change"

And after that, it will indeed never change

nice :newwink:

When I get help from a stranger, I try to let them know exactly how much it meant to me, even if it was something like exchanging cash or telling me the time. Last time I put on my nice big grin :)D) and said "thank you so so much, I owe you one".

...But does this count as faking it?
ENTP: "They are the best of all the Thinkers at showing emotion, but it is hard to tell if they are faking it or not".

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Get us drunk and ask us questions. We are downright gushy with our appreciation! Of course, we have to kill you afterward. A small price to pay for hearing an INTP's inner thoughts. ;)

Last edited: