User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

My experience with NTs is they aren't good at saying how much they like or appreciate you. They DO things for you, spend time with you, talk and write to you and listen attentively. Boredom is the kiss of death for an NT, so if he/she is in a relationship with you (and you're not a relative, and even then...) it means you are appreciated and considered worthy.

An ENTP friend once told me "I'm stingy with my time [and think of how much time we spend together.]" The last part wasn't actually said, it was understood, and the whole of it was meant as a compliment.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INTP

"Thanks";however, I generally try to keep myself out of situations where people are doing things for me.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    They DO things for you, spend time with you, talk and write to you and listen attentively. Boredom is the kiss of death for an NT, so if he/she is in a relationship with you (and you're not a relative, and even then...) it means you are appreciated and considered worthy.

An ENTP friend once told me "I'm stingy with my time [and think of how much time we spend together.]" The last part wasn't actually said, it was understood, and the whole of it was meant as a compliment.

That's pretty much how I show appreciation - by being extra attentive. If I devote time to you, it's probably because I like you or appreciate you in some way. If I write you a lot or am very responsive, that's my attempt at being appreciative. I'll say "thanks" sometimes and stuff, but depending on the person it'll often feel very awkward and forced, so I prefer be more indirect if possible (and hope that they'll get the message). If it sounds sorta sterile - being excessively thanked by others makes me feel awkward as well and I'll try to downplay whatever it is that I did for them to get them to stop showing their appreciation, lol.
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    Wow. Were you always like that or did you mature into it?
    In 8th grade, I realized my own miserable futility in dealing with people, and began to make changes. I realized the need for showing appreciation, the "efficiency" (not intending that to be an impersonal term) of it, and that I even appreciated it myself.

At any random time I might do something I've never done before and experience life in a way that I've never experienced it before - and I enjoy that. I like showing appreciation and gratitude whenever I truly feel it. (Are you talking about appreciation specifically, or love in a more general sense?) How I express this might largely depend on the person and circumstances, but things I have done already include letters and emails, unique custom gifts made just for the receiver, writing songs, quality time, showing an interest, forgiveness and understanding, surprises, prose, precise and beautiful words spoken just the right way at just the right time, help, and probably a few other things.

These things reflect how much I appreciate the person as well as my own personality. I take my feelings and try to mold them into something greater as I express them. Even expression with me is a challenge - but it's one that I relish and enjoy. Maybe I should call it a game instead of a challenge. I'm always trying to be as great as I can be, and if I'm willing to try to put that greatness into some kind of expressive communication or act with or for you, it means that you are important. (And it really doesn't even matter how you respond to it. I'll be happy with what I've done.)

I'm not extremely expressive. I'm not that expressive at all if I just go with the flow. It's just that when I decide to it, I'm very good at it. The feeling (F) that spurs the act of expression is genuine, the calculation, precision, challenge, and enjoyment that come from the process of putting together an awesome expression are what my T side enjoys, and the T and F sides of me equally enjoy the genuine results when I've shared my feelings and touched another person - while relishing in the fact that I was so good at doing it that I brought them tears of joy. (I like to make everything profound, but I will never lie, trick myself, or evade logic to get there, because that's what makes things profound in the first place. - Logic and emotion being in harmony.)

Things like what I've mentioned above only happen when I can tell the person really wants to or needs to hear it (which I don't mind doing, I actually enjoy it, especially since what I'm saying is true) or when the desire to express my feeling is so strong that I am propelled to do it on my own.

The majority of the time, I'm just being normal and having a good time. Most people in my life either don't crave appreciation from me (because they are not needy or weird in the head) or they just haven't done enough to deserve something above and beyond the normal every day signs that say "I like you and enjoy having you around."
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ENTP

Absolutely no problem telling people just how much i appreciate them. I usually try to return the favor if they do something nice for me. Yes i'm an INTJ. No F in there.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I use typical words and gestures where it's the local currency, and express appreciation when I think it's deserved.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I know the joke is flat, but I appreciate the picture xD

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm not the best with words though that's more out of introversion than anything. I could handle a girl that didn't express verbally all the time though, my love language is more physical and action oriented.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I prefer to show appreciation rather than talk but I have no problem expressing verbal gratitude/emotion when I know the other person would prefer words. If I’m really grateful I’ll want them to know in no uncertain terms so I have to, same goes for physical contact like hugs.