User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Y'all NTs are ornery. "Guess what happened to me today?" I love these sorts of games. It's one of those rare social situations you get a free chance to say whatever you want to, without it even having to make sense or mean anything or be responsive or personal. I throw out all sort of whatever free-association sentences I can (not waiting for the answer), before the person cuts me off with the real answer.

I don't think this would turn out as well as you're thinking, especially when it's likely that the Guess What question has already irritated them enough. Ornery? Yep. Really tired of people not making sense and playing games? Yep. Add me having to read someone's mind on top of it? Be happy if you exit that conversation unscathed.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Cenomite View Post
    "Do you hate guessing games?"

YES. I have a few friends who do this constantly, and will actually not tell me the answer until I make some sort of guess.

"OMG Guess what I just found out?"
    Me: "....what?"
    "NO, GUESS"

It's a big pet peeve of mine, I don't know why it bothers me so much.
    Best solution I've found here is to really stress it in such a way that they don't ever try to do it to yeu again, and that yeu get enjoyment out of.

"Guess what?"
    "Uhm.. oh wow, yeu didn't, seriously, HOLY HELL YEU KILLED A GUY!? IN BROAD DAYLIGHT!? WTH WERE YEU THINKING O.O "
    "Wait what!? I didn't... but I... oh hell everyone's staring at us..."

That usually stops them from doing that in the future. Bonus points if there's a police officer in sight range.

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    Even as a child, I despised when someone (my little sisters, friends, etc) would say 'Guess what color I'm thinking of' or 'Guess how many fingers I'm holding up behind my back'. I would get almost immediately angry and never knew why until I got older and started studying my personality type.

I suppose that it must be the INTJ influence that makes me feel like its an insult to anyone's intelligence to simply make un-reasoned, arbitrary guesses at something... and it makes me ANGRY! I very rarely feel anger at all, but for some reason those words kick me off on an instant irritation.

As a parent, my daughter of 8 loves to play these games with me and I have to constantly remind myself to be nice and not yell, as I did when I was younger, "This game is stupid!" I calmly take a deep breath and play along until I can't take it anymore and I try to change the subject. Things like 'I Spy' drive me crazy.

Do any other INTJs, or maybe NT's in general, have this problem or am I just nuts?

Hate when people make me guess/stall shit/make me wait when it's not necessary...not as in what colour do I like, but "I won't tell you until later even though I could now, haha, how fun, you can guess, though."... feels like manipulation.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    Hate when people make me guess/stall shit/make me wait when it's not necessary...not as in what colour do I like, but "I won't tell you until later even though I could now, haha, how fun, you can guess, though."... feels like manipulation.
    Haha, yes, or "There is someone here to see you." Who damnit? "Just come see." HULKOUT!

MBTI
    iNtJ

Yes. "Guess what?" annoys me, if you don't tell me what after I ask "what". I'll usually say something ridiculous if you make me guess.

But when I first saw this subject heading, I thought you were going to talk about guessing games in relationships, e.g. having someone intentionally keep you guessing about whether or not they are into you. I'm not a fan of this either.

MBTI
    ENTP

the really arbitrary ones, I just see as a challenge to think of something that's totally sure to be more interesting than what they actually have in their hand, bag, whatever.

guess what I've found?
    a cure for AIDS? a solution to world poverty? an egg of the rare luna moth?
    uh, well it's just a pretzel...
    Oh. that's really unexciting
    yeah...

that's how I get fun out of them
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I haven't encountered too many "guessing game" situations recently, but I know that in my childhood I definitely hated the "guess what number I'm thinking of" type games. I'd always just say right off the bat, "I don't know. Just tell me." And if they insisted on my guessing, I'd get irritated and tell them that I didn't care.

Some people use the "guess what happened to me today" phrases as set-ups for their stories, though, so I don't think those count. If they really wanted me to guess, I'd get impatient and ruin their fun.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

"Hello, what have I got in my pocket?"
    "Not fair! not fair! It isn't fair, my precious, is it!"

MBTI
    INTJ