User Tag List

First 123 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I would hesitate before I called it arrogance. It's logical assumption as professed by Mr Holmes himself (INTJs do take their lead from INTPs after all ), when you can no longer see any more viable alternatives then surely the answer you have IS the right one.
    Logical assumption, yep I like that wording better.

*Gets distracted by devil emoticon and ignores middle section* Red really catches my attention you know.

Took me frickin ages to "correct" that miscalculation in my INTJ friend but I'd still say he stops short of "bigging himself up".... never very far from putting others down though
    Sadly it does happen in some cases.

As for my box :steam: ... I have none... QUIT TRYING TO PIGEON HOLE ME!!! I'M AN INTP..... YOU KNOW US INTPs ARE SPECIAL....

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Red really catches my attention you know.
    Too... many... possible...comebacks...overload....overload...ARRR GGGhhhh!!!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

I have an INTJ friend who I've worked with for years who is seriously the only person I know who has trouble with our boss (who I think might be... ISFJ? or ENFJ? Hard to tell with him). They really clash because my friend will bring up really logical points of concern or point out mistakes that the principal or the school improvement team made, and I think it rubs my boss the wrong way more than it might if I did it. It might be the INTJ's presentation. Or it might be a "man thing" (and maybe my boss sees it as a power struggle). But sheesh, they sure do clash.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Hmmm, I don't get told I have a disregard for authority, but incompetent authority figures do challenge my sanity... I tend to find ways to manipulate those ones for my own ends while covertly showing their boss my awsomeness.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    nnnn

Even question my own...sometimes...at night...when no one can see me.

I have little inherent respect for authority, not the construct, nor the person that fills it.

I play the game, but I know I do. It gives me the opportunity to gather credit which I can then use when I want to communicate my disapproval of certain apsects/actions of people in authority. If this dynamic fails, I get rebellious, though.

MBTI
    INTJ

I thought all NTs disregard authority.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    Tertiary Fi is the cause to the disregard of authority, I believe...

I can fake my respect to authority figures pretty well if I have to... I tend to be an asshole pretty quickly if I detect any insult towards my intelligence; however.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    It's all of the SPs who really disregard authority as lots of NTs even though they don't listen to the authorities like to be the authorities. Hypocrites!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

NTs don't like to be the authorities.

I would rather not lead my organization, or had I a deep desire to be an entrepreneur. It's just that I didn't fit in anywhere else. And the people who were leading the current organizations I didn't understand nor could accept their way of thinking. If they had done a more competent job then I'd back off and happily follow. But it's incredibly hard to respect someone who bases their statements on rather superficial arguments rather than depth of understanding.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    My work mantra, if I let it be publicly known, would be:

"I'll let you be my boss as long as you don't interfere with my plans."

I've even been known to manipulate my boss into doing things that I wanted done, and letting him think it was his idea. The ends justify the means? I didn't have to fight with him to get it done, and the process works much better now...
    I would add to this mantra, "I'll let you be my boss as long as you are doing a good job." INTJ doesn't so much reject authority as authority in the hands of the stupid. I, and many of us, will follow an authority or a leader who is intelligent, shares our goals, and is working effectively toward them. Since we don't tend to prefer to be the leader ourselves, it works best when we can ally ourselves with such a person. A workable alternative is a harmless boss who can be "steered" as MMR described. I have done this myself, to good effect. I have actually had ESTJ bosses that I can be very open with about it: as in, I'll do the work, if you can sell it to senior management.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...