First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by skgarcia View Post
    I am not at all aggressive or dominant either. He is definitely the dominant force in the relationship, however, I can say with confidence we "like" each other on the same level. He is just dominant.
    Things tend to work out that way, one way or another. I'm an introverted, soft-spoken, gentle NF irl, but I'm the dominant one. I adore him and want to please him. That often means taking charge of stuff so he doesn't have to. He really just wants to be left alone most of the time.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Socionics
    ILI

But can one's physical attractiveness not affect their demeanor? This man is truly beautiful. He is incredibly intelligent and funny. He is literally at the number one position in terms of "mate value." I do think this would affect one's personality. Tall, facially attractive, gifted intelligent, witty and hilarious sense of humor--would this not place him at the top? Even an INTP at the top of social hierarchies would display social confidence?
    Physical beauty should not affect ones' demeanor. I don't doubt his position at the top for you, and I will side with your typing of him due to a lack of substantial evidence to support my insight to appeal to the person with more information on the subject. Even though you are utilizing the more archaic and unreliable dichotomy based method.

In regards to the actual purpose of this thread, your relationship should work out fine.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Physical beauty should not affect ones' demeanor. I don't doubt his position at the top for you, and I will side with your typing of him due to a lack of substantial evidence to support my insight to appeal to the person with more information on the subject. Even though you are utilizing the more archaic and unreliable dichotomy based method.

In regards to the actual purpose of this thread, your relationship should work out fine.
    Thank you. I feel almost hypocritical in acceptance of your opinion--as I so intensely disagreed with your typology comments. However, in light of the true question of my post, thank you.

Socionics
    ILI

Thank you. I feel almost hypocritical in acceptance of your opinion--as I so intensely disagreed with your typology comments. However, in light of the true question of my post, thank you.
    On what grounds do you disagree with?

MBTI
    INTP

I feel very confident that this man is an N. He is very smart, values intelligence, has a quirky sense of humor and demeanor, very "in tune" with me. Far-fetched ideas, abstract thought, metaphorical speech. He enjoys the exact same video games I and my INTP ex enjoyed. Same wit, same deep-seated "disgusted" attitude with society as a whole. Non-conformist. Total loner. Won't answer the phone for anyone nor never calls anyone. Idealistic. Says "what if." Dreamy. Thoughtful, creative, aloof, hard to get close to. Total INTP.

The only reason I bring up the point that physical looks could perhaps alter ones demeanor is because INTPs are known for social awkwardness and hesitation. However, I am a confirmed INTP but am pretty gregarious in social situations; I am jovial, upbeat, enthusiastic and (in my biased opinion) pretty fun to be around. I know this behavior is unusual for INTP types, but I am also a physically attractive woman. I have self confidence. Not arrogant, but just enough confidence to radiate kindness and a lack of hesitation. He's also the same way. He is physically attractive, so is also socially capable and frankly, quite experienced. In essence, our looks make both of us somewhat unusual INTPs--we are not hesitant or second guessing in social situations. I do not seek others or wish to spend time with them on MY time, but if I am in a situation (work related, for example) where I must interact with others I am gregarious and fun. I believe he is charismatic and confident for the same reasons I am. When you get hit on all day, everywhere you go, being an intensely introverted NT is exhausting. With constant, unavoidable, and draining social practice, comes finesse.