User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 15 of 15

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    My favorite INTP is a great guitar player. He told me once that if a song makes him feel something other than hatred for noise, it's a good song lol
    This applies to me... minus the guitar player thing.

    I do enjoy singing and would say I'm pretty good at it. Occasionally bursts of creativity shoot through me on sleepless nights, usually resulting in writing half-assed yet catchy songs. I don't really play anything but if I have a tune in my head I can figure out how to play it on pretty much any instrument.

    I don't really have any artistic skills or training, but if its in my head, I can make it.

  2. #12
    Junior Member Carbarrawr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Posts
    19

    Default

    All the INTPs I've met seem fairly artistic.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    INTP friend; comic book artist, musician, writer (of three books) has never shown anyone 95% of his work and the other 5% only a few people have seen.

    It's pretty common for INTPs to use music to deal with feelings they don't/don't want to understand like a previous poster said as well as using their internal force of logic to make art that makes sense to them.

  4. #14
    Member ginniebean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    30

    Default

    I enjoy writing, putting words together is an artful expression. I write poetry and love all kinds of music.


    I don't use music to deal with my feelings particularly. I am very aware that music is often an emotional expression. There are times when a piece of music can near bring me to tears of release yet not if I smell that it is in any way manufactured to elicit a specific feeling. If there is an artistry in it and whatever emotion is experienced by the listener isn't one of manipulation then I thoroughly enjoy it. If it is formulaic, then while I can enjoy it to a very superficial extent it doesn't move me.

  5. #15
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Yeah, I have noticed this with my best friend, who I am pretty sure is an 5w4 INTP. He plays the guitar really well and has interests in ancient Germanic culture and folk music.

    INTPs may be weirdos but having a Ne-Si combination is pretty awesome for creative exploits of any sort is concerned.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] The dark side of ENFPs
    By FinalFrontier89 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 05-05-2017, 09:06 PM
  2. The flip side of Sensotardation - Are you an HSP?
    By Salomé in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 03-30-2014, 09:19 AM
  3. The low percentage of INTPs in Western Fantasy and Science Fiction
    By nightwatcher in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 07:03 PM
  4. [INTP] God: The ultimate object of INTP analysis
    By The Unknown Essence in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-19-2012, 01:16 PM
  5. [ENFP] ENFPs: The dark side of seeing potential
    By BlueScreen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 10:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO