• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Why do INTJs spare INFPs their wrath?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Please note, I'm not at all cute or fluffy or snuggy. That's the INFP cliche.
On the outside, my INTP female friend and I are very similar. She and I both tend to be quiet, and seem a little cerebral.

I actually know an INTJ/INFP couple. She, the INFP, will put the hammer down and make the INTJ deal with feelings when necessary. She's tends towards the sarcastic and dark, has this strange way of getting into your guts, and I felt like I was spared a reaming when I flaked on her once. 4w5

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
While I can't verify whether the premise of thread is correct, I can see the INTJ's tertiary Fi providing an inward link to the Fi-Dom. It could enable more understanding than from other types.

I'm close to an older woman who is extremely INTJ and she shares with me her "soft center" which is completely Fi. Her motives tend to be pure even though her exterior is intimidating and based on Te. My connection to her somewhat simulates that Fi connection.

Jade Heart

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
Please note, I'm not at all cute or fluffy or snuggy. That's the INFP cliche.
On the outside, my INTP female friend and I are very similar. She and I both tend to be quiet, and seem a little cerebral.

I know, I was joking. Sorry if I offended you with that. I only meant that the INFPS I knew were mostly as I described.

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know, I was joking. Sorry if I offended you with that. I only meant that the INFPS I knew were mostly as I described.

Not offended at all, just stating my opinion :)

sassyluver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Hi, I just want to share something about this forum's topic. I am an INFP and I have a dad who is an INTJ, as to what I have observed, my daddy always have this soft spot to me and always want to spoil me. I have an older brother (ENFP) and an older sister (INFJ), daddy loved them too and also spoils them but not as he spoils me. And when my mommy (ISFJ) gets angry at me (of course xD) Dad would always come to me to the rescue xD And I also have a friend of mine who is an INTJ male, he also have a soft spot to me. So what does INTJs see INFPs like me? :shock: Sorry, I can't read the previous posts xD Spare me!!! 😀😀😀

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree that sometimes communication with INTJs can be an excercise in futility. At some point I know they aren't going to consider all the possibilities, or even aren't willing to take all possibilities equally seriously. And they can't recognize (admit?) that two or more contradictory ideas can exist at once, and still remain truthful.

supersleuth

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
Personally, my sister is an INFP and is so emotionally fragile and idolizes me so much that I hardly ever desire to get angry at her. Plus, she feels like I'm the only person in the world who understands her and it would tear her up if I were to be outwardly displeased with her.

Felix5

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Feud with INTPs? I really quite like INTPs and INFJs, I find that both bring interesting discussions to the table. They are one of the few types that actually think deeply, well INFPs and INFJs more so. INTPs seem more interested in concrete subjects. I don't typically spare anyone my wrath because I don't have any wrath to give. It's kind of a misunderstanding that INTJs are always angry, if anything we are very passive, quiet people. The only time we are ever "aggressive" is when we are seeking or trying to point out a truth or untruth. Any other case may be due to someone pushing our buttons more than we can stand.

If an INFP says something that isn't truthful, I will point it out. I don't care how upset it makes them. Sorry, the truth is not going to change because you feel bad. I try to do it in a tactful and calm manner, sometimes INFPs can be a rash. Something may set them off and you will never be able to shut them up. Best approach is to simply shut up completely and let them rant. They will eventually realize what an idiot they're coming across as and apologize. For the most part though, I find them much easier to bounce ideas off of. They're open minded and accepting of facts. They can be sentimental but they can push it aside for the sake of looking at something in a different way. This ability to look at something from all angles, gives them this ability to accept another point of view.

Ironically, one thing that bothers me about INFPs is the fact that they always have to play the devil's advocate while having a discussion. I don't really care how the other side feels, I care about what is true v what isn't true. Many times they want to try and put themselves in the shoes of everyone, this is how the try to find the truth. I find this interesting because it suggests that they share a common goal with INTJs. They are seeking truth and I think we can bond and discuss things in ease due to this quality.

I find INFPs much easier to talk to than any other type. For one thing they actually listen to my points and seem to take them sincerely. ENTPs are pretty much interested in talking mostly about themselves, if you actually get a chance to say five words it's a miracle. I love you guys, but damn...every time I start a conversation it ends up in 90 different places to the point where all of my arguments are off topic.

ENFPs are all about taking sides, which tends to take the discussion into wing but territory.

ENFJs are also all about taking sides, especially if it comes to causes. ENTJs are usually pretty easy to talk to, but I wouldn't say they're very good for the kind of depth you'd get from an INFJ or and INFP.

SJs and STs....LOL don't even get me started....occasionally an ISFJ or ISFP is willing to listen to your crazy ideas, usually because they are a close friend and know you to be level headed.\

INFJs tend to be very wishy washy and if you don't agree with them, then they don't seem to get much out of the conversation. It could run in circles for days until you're stuck in an endless loop. They seem to understand your point, but respectfully disagree. I find that they will go as deep as INTJs will into an issue and can analyze patterns fairly well. The one thing that may be lacking would be facts, stats, and data. Overall, I enjoy talking to them because the conversation could end up anywhere. They seem unafraid to delve into certain subjects others wouldn't even think of.

INTPs are interested in concrete subjects, facts, statistics, but they are not always going to analyze those statistics in the same way an INTJ or INFJ would because they don't see patterns in the same way. So they may try to argue against your point, regardless of whether or not it's true. The two may butt heads over this, but it rarely ever happens. Usually we tend to be on the same page because we are generally collecting the same data and stats. Oddly enough, we may actually agree with each other, but because we're coming from two different places, we can't see it. So there's a pointless argument for no reason...

INTJs are most interested in what is true v what is not true. It has nothing to do with feelings or even rationality. I know INTJs are always claiming to be rational, but what we really want is the truth. If someone says something that we know to be untrue or worse, tries to spread this untruth, we are on their ass faster than white on rice.

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
i'm a sweetheart and everybody loves me, i dunno wut y'all r talking about

RosieJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
We aren't illogical! I hate when people call us this it's so belittling and I feel like I'm being dismissed.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We aren't illogical! I hate when people call us this it's so belittling and I feel like I'm being dismissed.

il·log·i·cal

/i(l)ˈläjək(ə)l/

adjective
adjective: illogical

lacking sense or clear, sound reasoning.

In all honesty, if you don't dig down into the deeper underlying root and run off of feeling as if its just true then you will always be illogical. Possibly you are being dismissed because the person who sees this believes you dismissed finding a sense of clear or sound reasoning...but without that reasoning, its illogical due to the lack of clear or sound reasoning. Its sad because T actually supports F just as much as it can fight it. Logic is a complicated and funny beast that interleaves with data to create logical statements.

To top it off people frequently use statistics to define logical and illogical when logic is more of as true/false without the "probably" or "more then likely" qualifier. Then they have to "correct themselves because what they said was not really logical. My anal side of logic and logical. It makes a huge difference when it comes to reality.

RosieJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
In all honesty, if you don't dig down into the deeper underlying root and run off of feeling as if its just true then you will always be illogical. Possibly you are being dismissed because the person who sees this believes you dismissed finding a sense of clear or sound reasoning...but without that reasoning, its illogical due to the lack of clear or sound reasoning. Its sad because T actually supports F just as much as it can fight it. Logic is a complicated and funny beast that interleaves with data to create logical statements.

To top it off people frequently use statistics to define logical and illogical when logic is more of as true/false without the "probably" or "more then likely" qualifier. Then they have to "correct themselves because what they said was not really logical. My anal side of logic and logical. It makes a huge difference when it comes to reality.

True I am a feeler but why I feel something and what I choose to do about it isn't illogical. I think being logical doesn't depend on mbti type. It depends on the individual. I can experience emotion very intensely but I always let myself cool off before I make any decisions on it.

Also I just feel like I'm being dismissed on forums like this, where INFPs are described as illogical by Ts mainly. It frustrates me because they just make this huge generalisation about a type. I don't think types are illogical. Individuals are. They never give examples either of when INFPs are illogical but just make this general gesture that they are it's no evidence. That is illogical. Even if they had evidence of one INFP who said something illogical, that doesn't represent all INFPs.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just want to mention I love my INTJ friend<3 We can talk about anything with no filter and laugh for hours. I agree that they have a great respect for people they genuinely like and trust.

Dolce vita

MBTI Type
INFJ
Good point to poster! My boss is INTJ and hard for me to deal with but he loves the INFP employee. Ive noticed if I 'tone it down' and slow it down to mirror the INFP my boss likes it. Ha! See, I'm learning!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ChimericalSerenity

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Speaking from experience, I've caught myself being uncharacteristically lenient with my INFP friend on various occasions. Of course, there are times when her fatalistic mindset and lack of motivation frustrate me to no end and I have to stop myself in from offering her unnecessary advice (especially when she's just trying to let off some steam), but I know she's just trying her best, bless her heart. She's also such a kind person and has repeatedly surprised me with heartfelt gestures, so I can never stay mad at her for very long.

Also, since INFPs aren't particularly judgmental, despite how different we are, she's quite accepting of our differences and tries her hardest to see things from my perspective. God knows I try to do the same, but I aware that I don't do a very good job at it. I can unwittingly offend her at times because of how blunt I am, and as a person who's quick to anger and easily irritated, she has to deal with my choleric temperament which is a handful in itself. I'm not the most attentive friend in the world, and she definitely tries her hardest to be, so I try to make it up to her by being lenient.

And her affections for me are really apparent, which I find adorable as hell, heh. :)

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't get along with INFP, but I do tend to get along with INFJ. This is probably more due to my insecurities.

To me, INFP are weak willed, and it irritates are core aversion I have.. INFP are mostly not willing to compromise in a discussion about certain topics relating to empathy. No matter what logical arguments, its against the grain of their nature, and forces them to confront uncomfortable reality. I don't avoid them, I just know it's a lost cause most of the time to debate them. I do sometimes try to explain logical things with emotional analogies that is sometimes sucessful.

Amberiat

Infinity
INFPs are generally much more analytical and even more intellectual than people give them credit for, they are perfect for providing intellectual stimulation and their usually soft exterior/tough interior dynamic makes them very appealing to people who can see behind the curtain and appreciate their valuable knowledge and altruistic ideas/beliefs. Of course that's just a generalization, people and situations vary.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think INTJs are the least likely of the thinkers to look down on the type of intelligence that INFPs possess.