• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Why do INTJs spare INFPs their wrath?

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, I'm a new "member" too timid to reply honestly to the replies that interest me, so I've just been enjoying the conversation. If I responded, I'd be an aggressive OrangeAppled, and since I can't stand the heat, I stay out of the kitchen (except, in this case, to place an order).

Interesting that you associate with her.

And, how will you stand the heat when the INTJ is going to give you heat 24/7.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INTJ's are by nature confrontational, NFP's tend to ignore the "live and let live" types. We find them more tolerable, and when we can tolerate someone, it's like a diamond among the coal. So yeah, we'll defend you.

Jade Heart

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
INFPs are cute little fluffy snuggy plushies. Even INTJs are powerless to lift a finger against them.

Okay, so that might not be it. I guess that INTJs have soft spots for them? The INFPs I know hold the "smart" types (i.e. most NTS) in reverence, so maybe INTJs recognize that and withhold their wrath because they like having the INFPs look up to them. Also, I really do think that just maybe, INFPs can melt INTJs' hearts with their Fi-dom. They're so...personal and deep at the same time. (From what I've seen.)
INTJs may seem cold, but most of them have a gentle side. INFPs could be one of the types that get to see that side. Even though I'm an INTP, I can see how an INTJ would be reluctant to smash an INFP's hopeful idealism to bits.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Is this like the new INTJ/ENFP fetishist thread? :ack!:

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yeah, i think INFP-INTJ is a complicated relationship! you don't hear too many INTJs raving about us but there are definitely lots of INFPs in long term relationships with INTJs... i suppose the key is for the INFPs to communicate more frequently, develop a bit of a thicker skin + for the INTJ to be mindful of tone + listen to the ways in which the iNFP says they want to be supported

I agree with this.
I don't think an immature INFP and immature INTJ could get along so well. And the INFP will definitely develop a thicker skin. :huh:

There may be issues though because INTJs are not particularly affectionate or romantic.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is this like the new INTJ/ENFP fetishist thread? :ack!:
It's the unofficial INTJ/INFP fetishist thread, unless you (ENFPs) are going to fight them for it.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's the unofficial INTJ/INFP fetishist thread, unless you (ENFPs) are going to fight them for it.

Hell yeah, I'm not going to stand by while you try to take my INFPs away. *wards off with cross*

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hell yeah, I'm not going to stand by while you try to take my INFPs away. *wards off with cross*

The famous ENFP crucifix that piques the brooding INTJ's curiosity? I have one of those too!

cross-cute-fashion-photo-pink-Favim.com-136235.jpg

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The famous ENFP crucifix that piques the brooding INTJ's curiosity? I have one of those too!

cross-cute-fashion-photo-pink-Favim.com-136235.jpg

I was thinking more along the lines of the exact replica of the jewel encrusted Cross of Coronado from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989), while wearing a brown fedora and playing it completely straight (heh). Gotta use the right bait for the right fish.

d11fd566d0b032e2b857981273dd5984.jpg

But.... yeah. :biggrin:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
well, it's as close to 'wrath' as i've seen on these forums. perhaps i should have left it at 'negative' because i've rarely heard positive thoughts about romances with INFPs by INTJs. i think they get very frustrated at how extremely sensitive we can be and how we commonly withdraw from conflict. A lot of us are off in our own worlds a lot of the time + understandably this can frustrate partners.

I think this is the problem. In a friendship or other casual relationship, I could let it slide. In an intimate relationship - no. But I can certainly see an INTJ or ENTJ really loving it in a partner, if they wanted someone who isn't confrontational and won't challenge them.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was thinking more along the lines of the exact replica of the jewel encrusted Cross of Coronado from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989), while wearing a brown fedora and playing it completely straight (heh). Gotta use the right bait for the right fish.

d11fd566d0b032e2b857981273dd5984.jpg

But.... yeah. :biggrin:
You're both wrong if you think foolish superstition will stand between an INTJ and his/her goals.

Try again.

*This might be part of the explanation of the OP: we "spare INFPs our wrath" because unleashing it on them would be counterproductive.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're both wrong if you think foolish superstition will stand between an INTJ and his/her goals.

Try again.

*This might be part of the explanation of the OP: we "spare INFPs our wrath" because unleashing it on them would be counterproductive.

It was in reading this response that I finally understand the attraction of the INTJ, and in that knowledge I feel so much more ENFP. I need a shower now, not sure if it should be cold or boiling.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
It was in reading this response that I finally understand the attraction of the INTJ, and in that knowledge I feel so much more ENFP. I need a shower now, not sure if it should be cold or boiling.
both at the same time

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with this.
I don't think an immature INFP and immature INTJ could get along so well. And the INFP will definitely develop a thicker skin. :huh:

There may be issues though because INTJs are not particularly affectionate or romantic.

I'm feeling ornery tonight for personal reasons (OK, I biked 34 miles round trip to work and it was too freaking hot on the way home...)
so I hope you won't mind if I use you as the target for my personal carpet-bombing campaign...

Tell me, if you please, how well you think the following series of cartoons fits the INTJ - INFP dynamic (tongue in cheek, that is; I don't really think it does except for the mutual curiosity...)

Go to the links at the bottom of the address below (the tool didn't let me embed it, sorry!) and follow through the whole chain.

374: Journal - explain xkcd :wink: :D

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFPs are cute little fluffy snuggy plushies. Even INTJs are powerless to lift a finger against them.

Okay, so that might not be it. I guess that INTJs have soft spots for them? The INFPs I know hold the "smart" types (i.e. most NTS) in reverence, so maybe INTJs recognize that and withhold their wrath because they like having the INFPs look up to them. Also, I really do think that just maybe, INFPs can melt INTJs' hearts with their Fi-dom. They're so...personal and deep at the same time. (From what I've seen.)
INTJs may seem cold, but most of them have a gentle side. INFPs could be one of the types that get to see that side. Even though I'm an INTP, I can see how an INTJ would be reluctant to smash an INFP's hopeful idealism to bits.

Please note, I'm not at all cute or fluffy or snuggy. That's the INFP cliche.
On the outside, my INTP female friend and I are very similar. She and I both tend to be quiet, and seem a little cerebral.