User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Any MBTI type can be a 6, in fact the only Enneatype that has a significant correlation to MBTI is 5.

As 6s are more common than, say, 4s and 9s, I would expect there to be quite a few INFP 6s floating around. They have probably just mistyped.
    http://31.media.tumblr.com/50d433d5b...u8zo1_1280.jpg

this chart seems pretty accurate IMO. the most common enneagram types for INFP are 4w5 and 9w1

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Cause we likes them.
    This. I like INFPs because they're quiet and sweet and peaceful and they avoid drama. And I find their foolish idealism absolutely adorable. (Also, I suppose their innate goodness keeps me from becoming too cynical.)
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

i feel like i've mainly read criticism by INTJs about INFPs, so....
    Likes chubber liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lulabelle View Post
    i feel like i've mainly read criticism by INTJs about INFPs, so....
    But that's how we show that we care.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    But that's how we show that we care.
    i should clarify: not exactly criticism. more like proclamations of hatred. contrastingly, you only really hear good things about ENFPs by INTJs

i'm at least partially aware that you were being partially facetious. at least.
    Likes chubber liked this post

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    This is that the INFP is "liable to" (subject to, not "must" or "always will") get temporarily drowned in the flood of their own emotion,
    or to be so awed in contemplation of the beauty, horror, or quintessence of life (or some aspect of it which they're emotionally riveted to for the moment), or to be so caught up in the whirlwind chain of Ne free-association; or hammering out the last link in their gossamer internal-values chain-mail (hidden like mithril under their external facing fairy wings) to the point that they cannot effectively WIELD their Te for some particular period of time. The immovable intellect of the INTJ outer shell provides them something to grasp onto, to pull out of the raging current, catch their waterlogged breath, and start up their *own* Te motor, and join the real world -- whether in quest of goals, exuding vast quantities of magical healing rays to those in need, manifesting the rarely glimpsed but often hoped for "sunshine-n-silliness" (still mythical, in my own experience, but I haven't *quite* given up hope), or even (horror of horrors!) paying the bills or catching up on the dishes.

The immoveable intellect of the INTJ? What is this? A Jane Austen Novel?

And then, just when you think an INFP is a big fluffy ball of cotton candy, you discover that lurking underneath, is a mind of tempered steel, just as sharp, just as fast, and *almost* as relentless as your own.
    Are you serious? Again, you're saying that INFPs can never be more shrewd or determined than INTJs.

No higher praise can be given.
    You should reread what you've written, it's very patronising.

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

I find with ISFPs and INTPs, the conversation is more two-sided and essentially we can talk for longer periods with no goal in mind. With INTJs, they'll only start a conversation with something in mind and therefore appear less friendly and receptive. My INTJ friend is mostly a listener, would listen to the those around him and respond accordingly (similar to ENTJs) so I did a lot more talking. Not that it bothered me, just that being e9, I'm accustomed to avoiding the spotlight and absorbing feelings and thoughts.

I also find with INTJs, which contrasts sharply to ISTJs, is that we tend to have similar social and political views however it manifests differently. They tend to challenge systems, I tend to bring attention to the injustices through supporting the underdog.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I think we feel more respect for others than they often credit us with, largely because we express it in ways they are not used to, and perhaps find unpleasant.
    I noticed with my friend that he was diligent with messages even though he knew how inconsistent and flaky I was. Is that how you express it, though commitment?
    Likes OrangeAppled liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post

The immoveable intellect of the INTJ? What is this? A Jane Austen Novel?
    You don't find INTJs in your experience to be stubborn as a donkey on steroids?

Are you serious? Again, you're saying that INFPs can never be more shrewd or determined than INTJs.
    Perhaps they can, internally -- I know a couple of INFPs, and have gotten a rare glimpse under the hood at their minds working. Ye cats.
    But to the external world, they don't give *any* indication of it.
    As far as the relentless, I find the INFP resembles an INTP in their, well, *depth* of sounding things out, for something which is an INFP value. INTPs do this for logical definitions of systems, but again, only for particular topics of interest.
    The INTJ doesn't dive as deep, formally, but tends to suck in everything like a Hoover. It was in the sense of *NEVER* stopping, that I meant relentless.

I re-read it. It was written, as it were, for other INTJs who *wrongly adjudge* INFPs to have no Te, no capability for rational thought.
    And, since INTJs have the reputation of "masterminds" and pride themselves on such -- for an INTJ to give blanket praise to another MBTI type, for that type's intellectual capability,
    that *is* high praise.

Look, if you're looking for gushing, effusive language, an INTJ is probably a poor choice. Until you get into their marshmallow fluff.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by lulabelle View Post
    Whelp, this thread sure got depressing! Ahh it would be so nice to be an INFJ--- always spared the scathing anecdotes and criticism
    Paging @OrangeAppled -- we have a report of someone praising INFJs on aisle #51 .
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Likes OrangeAppled liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Geez Louise, I thought I correctly captured the best points of the INFP ...
    "caught up in the whirlwind chain of Ne free-association; or hammering out the last link in their gossamer internal-values chain-mail (hidden like mithril under their external facing fairy wings)"

mithril is rare, and precious; and it is the very CORE of the INFP.