User Tag List

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do INTJs spare INFPs their wrath?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Whelp, this thread sure got depressing! Ahh it would be so nice to be an INFJ--- always spared the scathing anecdotes and criticism

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by lulabelle View Post
    Ahh it would be so nice to be an INFJ--- always spared the scathing anecdotes and criticism
    Eh? Doesn't seem to me like that's what's happening on this forum.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Cause we likes them.

an abyss of Nothingness Array Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Except Walter White, I don't think I know any INTJs in my life
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    Except Walter White, I don't think I know any INTJs in my life
    I think an INFP or ISFP 6w7 sx/sp would be my ideal girlfriend.

I suspect i'm drawn to them because we can relate to each other well (Fi) and they aren't very confrontational...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I think an INFP or ISFP 6w7 sx/sp would be my ideal girlfriend.

I suspect i'm drawn to them because we can relate to each other well (Fi) and they aren't very confrontational...
    isn't INFP 6w7 quite uncommon? i don't think i've ever come into contact with one (online or IRL)

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by lulabelle View Post
    isn't INFP 6w7 quite uncommon? i don't think i've ever come into contact with one (online or IRL)
    Any MBTI type can be a 6, in fact the only Enneatype that has a significant correlation to MBTI is 5.

As 6s are more common than, say, 4s and 9s, I would expect there to be quite a few INFP 6s floating around. They have probably just mistyped.

... what wrath?
    Night is another candle

Moving to the BVI Array highlander's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by IDreamtIWasABee View Post
    This is more accurately titled "Three Questions About INTJs and INFPs," but if it's stylish, it's forgiven, amirite? (I know. "No.")

So. First. Why are the INFP's frequent lapses in logic and extreme over-tenderness given a pass (or even found endearing) when most other types aren't given that compliment (those poor ESFJs-oh, you're merciless to them!)? Is it the ease with which we change our minds while thinking out loud? Because your feuds with INTPs are legendary, and INFJs don't usually talk about deep subjects until they've already formed firm opinions.

Second, do you find our shameless sharing of shy-person-feelings to be tranquilizing when you're stressed? I know that an INTJ's calm, succinct stating of facts has calmed me immediately when I've been seriously worked up over stuff (you certainly calm things down over on the NF board).

And third, has it been your experience that INTJs and INFPs share an intelligent but offensive sense of humor?

Oh! Fourth and final. Has an INFP ever come to your defense? Usually it's you guys protecting us (and I know the INTJs in my life sometimes find it trying), but when my INTJ friends are off balance and attacked, I go into a Gohan rage that I'd otherwise be waaay too shy and inhibited to express.
    I think that INTJs have some kind of intuitive understanding for and appreciation of INFPs. There is the Fi connection - the INTJ appreciates the Fi which in their case is relatively weaker. There is also the Ni appreciating Ne. Ne+Fi provides fuel/information for the INTJ's Ni to consider. We like their out of the box thinking and the fact that they have strong feeling values. I don't know the answer to the second question. I haven't observed the intelligent/offensive sense of humor thing either. We probably appreciate them better than they appreciate us. I think we can be guilty of offending them unknowingly.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by IDreamtIWasABee View Post

So. First. Why are the INFP's frequent lapses in logic and extreme over-tenderness given a pass (or even found endearing) when most other types aren't given that compliment (those poor ESFJs-oh, you're merciless to them!)? Is it the ease with which we change our minds while thinking out loud? Because your feuds with INTPs are legendary, and INFJs don't usually talk about deep subjects until they've already formed firm opinions.

Second, do you find our shameless sharing of shy-person-feelings to be tranquilizing when you're stressed? I know that an INTJ's calm, succinct stating of facts has calmed me immediately when I've been seriously worked up over stuff (you certainly calm things down over on the NF board).

And third, has it been your experience that INTJs and INFPs share an intelligent but offensive sense of humor?

Oh! Fourth and final. Has an INFP ever come to your defense? Usually it's you guys protecting us (and I know the INTJs in my life sometimes find it trying), but when my INTJ friends are off balance and attacked, I go into a Gohan rage that I'd otherwise be waaay too shy and inhibited to express.
    1. Because you are cute, like kittens are cute.
    2. No. I find it embarrassing because I know I should say something but also know that anything I say will cause problems for the sheer absence of empathy its going to contain.
    3. No.
    4. No.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast